First Fifty Days with Kingsong KS16 Unicycle

RenaissanceMan

I'm interested in your riding impressions of the V8 @gotmotion2016 as I've found the overall shape and stance on the V8 to be substantially different from my Airwheel X3 (now sold) and my IPS Zero (which I'll probably keep).   The pedals on the V8 are angled inward towards the V8's body, and they are small; the V8 body has the two battery bulges at the top which (with the bra installed) are actually comfortable (I've gone past grabbing the sides of the EUC at this point).  The whole setup of the V8 is very confidence inspiring ... I think it's better than the other EUCs by a considerable amount in my experience. 

On 9/30/2016 at 6:06 PM, RenaissanceMan said:

But since I did not have my belt on, my KS16 was set free to go anywhere it pleased. It actually ran almost straight for 2 meters until it hit a curb - not to stop but to jump about at least half a meter straight up into the air and - naturally - back to the ground right after that.

Wow, that would have been great footage for an EUC "worst moments" reel! I often think of how amazing it would be if I had footage of my EUC being run over by a truck!

I was riding on the sidewalk when a large pickup truck (the kind with dual rear wheels) came shooting out of a parking lot just as I arrived. I could not stop in time, put my hands out to keep from slamming into the side of the truck, my EUC fell down, and the truck (which did not slow down whatsoever as this was happening) ran over my EUC. I mean the rear wheels went directly over my EUC. This of course made a huge bump for the truck as its rear wheels rolled over this large object (my EUC), and the driver just kept on accelerating like nothing happened!

In a demonstration of IPS build quality, I was able to ride the EUC (an IPS 121) home.

14 hours ago, Chris Westland said:

I'm interested in your riding impressions of the V8 @gotmotion2016 as I've found the overall shape and stance on the V8 to be substantially different from my Airwheel X3 (now sold) and my IPS Zero (which I'll probably keep).   The pedals on the V8 are angled inward towards the V8's body, and they are small; the V8 body has the two battery bulges at the top which (with the bra installed) are actually comfortable (I've gone past grabbing the sides of the EUC at this point).  The whole setup of the V8 is very confidence inspiring ... I think it's better than the other EUCs by a considerable amount in my experience. 

Did he not have a V5D???

On ‎29‎/‎12‎/‎2016 at 7:32 PM, Chris Westland said:

The pedals on the V8 are angled inward towards the V8's body, and they are small; the V8 body has the two battery bulges at the top

Most of EUCs have pedals in "V shape" rather that completely horizontal as it prohibits feet  slipping off as well as increase the angle at which you can turn. Top bulges on V8 are basically hollow - there are no batteries there - it's pure design choice.

6 hours ago, HEC said:

Most of EUCs have pedals in "V shape" rather that completely horizontal as it prohibits feet  slipping off as well as increase the angle at which you can turn. Top bulges on V8 are basically hollow - there are no batteries there - it's pure design choice.

One of the bulges contains the handle of the trolley, so this is not completely empty. In general, I believe the design was chosen to make the wheel more controllable. Without bulges it would be harder to prevent unintended tilts of the wheel.

Archived