Very short impression KS18 1200Watt....aka "the Panzer"

US69

bonjour, hello, hy,

about a 10 days ago i received my new KS18 1200wh with a phenomenal 1360wh.....

As my learning wheel was a KS14....and i have driven a KS16 for 4 weeks....transforming to this "beast" was both: easy and difficult together :-)

My main reason for buying the KS18 was, that i wanted a more powerful motor, with more "backup" on my prefered speed of 25-28 kmh!

And men, i got this....acceleration with the KS18 is hard to describe: you just can "hear" that there is so much power in this unit, it directly gives you a lot of respect to this wheel. While on my 14 the sound is like an ongoing "weeeee"...on the 18 you here nearly every round of the wheel and the wheel goes " Wooh....wooh...wooh", and that very loud...hard to describe!

Because of the reported "high speed cutouts" i needed some time to get trust in the wheel...and i only have driven it up to 35kmh...and believe  me: I will never go higher! My current settings for alarm and tilt back are: 29 32 34 34 ...and that is more than enough for me. i am a heavy guy and we also have a lot of hills here and as i love my life and i am not on the suicide road...thats good!

the driving aspect:

men, this wheel is like a truck...once rolling...it will not stop...you go over bumps like nothing...go over street curbs...and did not even recognize it. 25 kmh on this wheel feel like 15 kmh on my Ks14. Sure: Because of the size of the wheel it is not nearly as "agile" as a 14...or the Ks16...but this wheel wins on offroad and also on long roads because of its stability.

everytime i got back to my KS14 680wh, which is not lightweight at all, it makes me feel like the KS14 is just a small fidely toy...which just sit under my feet....

That wheel also allows you to do some things the easiest way: driving one feet, because the wheel leans nearly to your knee, driving straight!

i think a newbie would have it much easier to learn the first steps..than on a smaller wheel,, but for driving "on one place" this wheel is definitly wrong! Yes, as experienced driver, you can throw it around on a small place...but curves at all are (normally driven) much much wider!

that goes also to the cons: Thsi wheel is no idling wheel! Sure...you can do it! But as the wheel in general is more "sluggish"...you are feeling that this is not the "right" movement for this wheel.... on trying iddling on the 1200Watt i also recognized that the wheel gets hot very fast.

so that is the wrong wheel for tricks, curving, dancing on small places! But it is still ok, for slaloming, "wide curving" to some sounds you play!

oh, the sounds: from all KS wheels here the Bluetooth Loudspeakers for me seam to be the best and loudest :-)

so now at home i have my Ks14 and 18( 16 is not in reach at the moment)...which one do i prefer?

defintly the 18: its more stable, has more power, for what i do, it is the ideal wheel->commuting to work, driving with my dog!

i only choose the 14 ...when i need more transportability, going with train, bus, etc....

as english is not my first language, i still hope you could get some usefull of this text...i will leave you with a foto of my "panzer":

ReYCjml.jpg

ps: after some trys...i got it :-)

1 hour ago, Kevin Grandon said:

Nice review! I love the KS-18, it's so comfortable and so far the most trustworthy wheel I've had.

Is that a custom mud flap on the back? How did you make that?

its just a piece of 3 mm elastical rubber/Kautschuk...one 1/3 of it i got double sided stick-tape, and then just pressed it onto the Ks18...voila->custom mud flap :-)

sorry, can not describe it better ....

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎23‎/‎07‎/‎2016 at 7:09 AM, jrkline said:

I kind of think of my 14c as the Panzer and my 18a as the Tiger!

I believe that this is what @KingSong69 is referring to as "Panzer" ;)

Panzer-V_Panther_Ausf-D1_Kursk.png

(Although Tiger is also name of the tank ...)

Panzer is the German word for Tank.The Tiger was a really big Panzer.

4 hours ago, HEC said:

I believe that this is what @KingSong69 is referring to as "Panzer" ;)

Panzer-V_Panther_Ausf-D1_Kursk.png

(Although Tiger is also name of the tank ...)

Panzer is tank in German.The Tiger is a really big ass Panzer.

• 2 months later...

Archived