The Chronicles of an EUC beginner

thefork

Just now, HEC said:

Indeed it's harder on "2D" only picture and of course the marking is key here. What pressure are you using on your V5F+ and how much roughly do you weight? How do you so far (not being able to compare with another wheels) feel about it handling the low curbs or some cracks and uneven spots on the surface while driving at cruising speed?

I'm using 40 psi (2.8 bar) and weigh about 65 kg. I definitely slow down a little for curbs unless they are half an inch or lower. Slowing down more allows me to confidently take on curbs up to 2 inches in height. Cracks and unevenness on the ground doesn't bother me much, although it's naturally not as comfortable as a smooth surface. On Sunday I gave a mountainbike trail a crack, and all the roots and stones didn't pose much of a problem.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 minutes ago, thefork said:

I'm using 40 psi (2.8 bar) and weigh about 65 kg. I definitely slow down a little for curbs unless they are half an inch or lower. Slowing down more allows me to confidently take on curbs up to 2 inches in height. Cracks and unevenness on the ground doesn't bother me much, although it's naturally not as comfortable as a smooth surface. On Sunday I gave a mountainbike trail a crack, and all the roots and stones didn't pose much of a problem.

That's good to hear though your lighter than some of us which gives you both more comfortable ride as well as larger range so it seems 14" V5F+ is well suited for your needs. As I'm heavier (due to being quite tall) it decreases my range and makes the bumps more "pronounced" on smaller wheels. I'm still "debating" with myself if I should grab one of the few V5F+ @Jason McNeil still have or wait for V8 to expand my flotilla ... Trying to arrange the test ride but no one's nearby so far.

4 minutes ago, HEC said:

That's good to hear though your lighter than some of us which gives you both more comfortable ride as well as larger range so it seems 14" V5F+ is well suited for your needs. As I'm heavier (due to being quite tall) it decreases my range and makes the bumps more "pronounced" on smaller wheels. I'm still "debating" with myself if I should grab one of the few V5F+ @Jason McNeil still have or wait for V8 to expand my flotilla ... Trying to arrange the test ride but no one's nearby so far.

Maybe it's time for that Stockholm trip then? ^_^

18 hours ago, thefork said:

Maybe it's time for that Stockholm trip then? ^_^

Or vice versa - come to visit to Sunny south ;) Maybe we should organize some riders meeting ... I kinda envy all those guys and gals in France / Paris with meetings of 100 - 200 riders :blink:

5 hours ago, HEC said:

Or vice versa - come to visit to Sunny south ;) Maybe we should organize some riders meeting ... I kinda envy all those guys and gals in France / Paris with meetings of 100 - 200 riders :blink:

Well, I'll be going to Gotland in a week ^_^

14 minutes ago, thefork said:

Well, I'll be going to Gotland in a week ^_^

Oh nice - Enjoy! Are you flying going by ferry (so you can take the wheel with you)?

4 hours ago, HEC said:

Well - my "holidays" (read =not going to work ;) ) starts in week to ... mhh

I get back to work on monday... bummer <_<  Although it's been a nice 5 weeks (I had one week left over from last year that I didn't keep), plus I work from home, so not that bad really :P

5 minutes ago, esaj said:

I get back to work on monday... bummer <_<  Although it's been a nice 5 weeks (I had one week left over from last year that I didn't keep), plus I work from home, so not that bad really :P

off topic, sorry:

so you have 4 weeks in general in Finnland?

3 minutes ago, KingSong69 said:

off topic, sorry:

so you have 4 weeks in general in Finnland?

4 weeks per year until you've worked for one full year at the same employer (well, technically it has to be between certain dates, something like between 30th of April of consecutive years), then 5 weeks. In government jobs, it goes up to 6 weeks (I think). I haven't paid that much attention to how it goes, since I've been at my current workplace for over 5 years.

So I get 5 weeks of  paid vacation (well, actually it's paid by a factor of 1.5) each year, but since I didn't use one week last year, I got to keep it this summer, plus have one "unused" week left for the current period (30th of April 2016 - 30.4.2017)

• 1 year later...
On 7/20/2016 at 7:18 PM, Hunka Hunka Burning Love said:

:(  I have to admit there were some dark times where I thought there's just no way I'm going to be able ride this thing.  Maybe it's because I haven't ridden a bike for a long time or the fear of injury instinct was getting in the way.  Was yours a 14" generic as well?  Mine came with the tire pumped up like a rock, and honestly it was pretty challenging.  I almost gave up at one point, but adding the side cushions really saved the day.  With the Ninebot and 16" wheel it just seems so much easier, maybe because of the extra weight it doesn't seem as tipsy as my generic.  I can laugh about it now :lol:, but back then it was the hardest thing to get used to.

It took my only a few moments to get riding on a hoverboard, and I've ridden skateboards before as well as a Ripstick Board which was tricky. I don't know.  This generic wheel was just a terrible, terrible struggle for some reason.

I am so looking forward to hammock-modded EUC ride dairy. PLEEEEEASE make it a video dairy:popcorn::roflmao:

Archived