How to downgrade your Ninebot / Xiaomi Nine 9 / Segway Mini / Mini Pro from 1.2.8 to 1.1.7 Firmware

Just now, Eihyun Kim said:

wow... halleluya...    I SUCCESS.... 

Thanks Denniss2 and  jojo33 

have a chance to thank some of those wonderful people.

Please inform people in china! I have tried to write to bbs.xioami in the ninebot forum but had no success.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Eihyun Kim said:

wow... halleluya...     SUCCESSED.... 

Thanks Denniss2 and  jojo33 

have a chance to thank some of those wonderful people.

Ok it's good Kim

very happy for you

please if you can inform people in Korea and China? 

Any forum in Korea for Mini users?

How did you know Denniss solution?

thank you 정말 감사합니다

4 minutes ago, Denniss2 said:

Please inform people in china! I have tried to write to bbs.xioami in the ninebot forum but had no success.

Denniss i saw sommething wrong with pantoche downgrade version keep 128 and not 130 , do you think there s any problem with future upgrading firmware?

1.png

1 minute ago, Eihyun Kim said:

But, I'm Koean...    The Ninebotmini user that live in Korea is not a lot.. So, I seached here. ^^   

do you think you could make a short document in your native tongue who explain how to execute method or it's dificult?

9 minutes ago, jojo33 said:

Ok it's good Kim

very happy for you

please if you can inform people in Korea and China? 

Any forum in Korea for Mini users?

How did you know Denniss solution?

thank you 정말 감사합니다

Denniss i saw sommething wrong with pantoche downgrade version keep 128 and not 130 , do you think there s any problem with future upgrading firmware?

1.png

He uses the original ninebot update server not his own dns, looks correct to me.

• Upvote 1

This situation is amazing to me. Thanks Dennins too.

My terrible english saved me and ninebot  though  Denniss solution. 

You are very kind... Good man..

Q) How did you know Denniss solution?

A)I have found it by searching in the Google.

Q) please if you can inform people in Korea and China? 

A) I can inform my Korean friends and Korean user  :  )

Q)Any forum in Korea for Mini users?

A) Umm.. Exactly.. I don't know

Q) Denniss i saw sommething wrong with pantoche downgrade version keep 128 and not 130 , do you think there s any problem with future upgrading firmware?

A) I don't know.. But, I'll never upgrade Firmware.. 

Nice to meet U,

I'm going to sleep. Have a nice day~~!!

• Upvote 1

Hi All,

though I already red in the other thread on saturday that you found this way to reload the decent firmware 1.1.7 again, I had no access to my MiniPro until now to try the procedure.

Though I downloaded Denniss' package and the Ninebot 1.1.7 firmware, and red through the pdf (great work, Denniss!), I first tried Alexanders DNS server now, because I'm a lazy guy. :-)

It worked at the first attempt, and I nearly drove the MiniPro into a wall at my home, because I was so used to the crappy 1.2.8 behaviour that I accelerated to fast for the short distance. :-)

BIG thanks to Denniss for bringing up the solution, and to Alexander for hosting it behind his DNS !

I owe you a beer, guys !

(BTW, don't forget  to set back your smartphone WLAN to DHCP after you upgraded your MiniPro.  Being in euphoria I forgot, and wondered later why I couldn't connect to the Internet via Freewave in a coffeeshop, took me some seconds to recognize what's going on :-) ).

Again: THANKS, THANKS, THANKS, you gave me back the device I bought.  I'll never upgrade again, only after reading at least 50 positive valuations of a new firmware !

Edited by HermanTheGerman
clarification
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Cardinale Luca Konnichiwa said:

Hey guys,

finally I got my Ninebot Mini and so far I am fine with the standard fw 1.2.2 (since I am wise enough to not update to 1.2.8 ;) )

I was wondering why you guys are suggesting to downgrade to 1.1.7.

What has in particular that version?

I've never heard from 1.2.2.

My Mini went from 1.7.7 to 1.2.7 and then to 1.2.8.

1.2.7 was already crap with speedlimit and severely decelerating in some situations, if I remember correctly. 1.2.8 made it worse.

55 minutes ago, HermanTheGerman said:

I've never heard from 1.2.2.

My Mini went from 1.7.7 to 1.2.7 and then to 1.2.8.

1.2.7 was already crap with speedlimit and severely decelerating in some situations, if I remember correctly. 1.2.8 made it worse.

Same for me, straight from 1.1.7 to 1.2.8
And after this firmware crap, I will not test any other firmware in the future.

4 hours ago, Cardinale Luca Konnichiwa said:

Hey guys,

finally I got my Ninebot Mini and so far I am fine with the standard fw 1.2.2 (since I am wise enough to not update to 1.2.8 ;) )

I was wondering why you guys are suggesting to downgrade to 1.1.7.

What has in particular that version?

@Cardinale Luca Konnichiwa

Well you are the second user (one in france who have just last days received a mini pro with a firmware 1.2.2)

OK, here screenshots of all firmware version V 1.2.8  V 1.2.7   V 1.1.7  V 1.0.3)

For last V128, we have only 1 item who said about this version

1"adjust limit speed and alarm threshold based on users feedback"

, but the french user said there's another item saying

"2.There will be some speed reward while riding safely and tenderly"

Have you had the same item about your v122?

Most issues are from V127 because there's a lot of restriction and warning but you'will see there's only 11 days between the date of the both version (v127/v128) and a lot of users upgrade directly to v128

About V117

Was released in december 2015, Mini was released last winter, everybody have riding the mini with since last winter, without speeds limits warning, bipbip, etc

Could you make a review of your version v122 please ( type of message warning, after 50 km mileage, have you received a message of a speed reward? etc, when did he bip...)

Thank you

Screenshot_2016-05-25-23-26-55.jpg

Screenshot_2016-05-25-23-27-05.jpg

Screenshot_2016-05-25-23-27-16.jpg

Screenshot_2016-05-25-23-27-23.jpg

Edited by jojo33

5 minutes ago, Cardinale Luca Konnichiwa said:

I guess it will take a while before I will reach 50KMs reward. :)
But for sure I will take notes :)
Due to bad weather, I was unable to ride outside...

50km comes quick , dont worry, you will be notified or not for a reward,  but i think your version v1.2.2 is a preview test version for next V1.3.0, because a french user received his mini pro last friday and have to update directly to this version v1.2.2

You are both Ninebot's VIP ! B)B)