How to downgrade your Ninebot / Xiaomi Nine 9 / Segway Mini / Mini Pro from 1.2.8 to 1.1.7 Firmware

36 minutes ago, joo said:

Hey it seems like it doesn t work with the DNS, i tried it on my IOS yesterday and today i tried on a android and with another wifi. do both don t work. the app can not find the new version. WHO CAN HELP?

Which version off the App? Try to install 3.5.1

2 hours ago, joo said:

Hey it worked thank you very much.

Please Joo could you teach us in detail what's happen before method worked, will be kind from you give us details like that we can help another users, thank you

I had the new app version in IOS, as i changed the DNS and tried to search the new update nothing happend. No update was founded and when i touched the I in the right corner there was a error 405.

With an android it was the same.

So as i changed to an old version in android, everything worked. 

I have another problem i have some oil on the right wheel. What do you think about it??

Unknown-4.jpeg

On 6/28/2016 at 8:01 PM, joo said:

I had the new app version in IOS, as i changed the DNS and tried to search the new update nothing happend. No update was founded and when i touched the I in the right corner there was a error 405.

With an android it was the same.

So as i changed to an old version in android, everything worked. 

I have another problem i have some oil on the right wheel. What do you think about it??

i think better is start new topic with this new problem , like that other users can help you " problem oil wheel mini etc..."

did you have a shock during a ride? if you need see how to desmonstle wheel

https://sites.google.com/view/mini-j-world/mini-tech-s-pro/parts-repairs?authuser=0#h.p_xXiSNB6ZYhBA

Edited by jojo33

Hi, I have just got 5 new ninebot mini for business purpose and this is its firmware version 1.1.9. I can't find any information about this version, but I won't upgrade to 1.2.8 for sure.Does anyone ever tried 1.1.9? Any suggestion? 

Screenshot_20160629-152315.png

Hello MC.TGN,

I also had the Firmware 1.1.9 on my Ninebot mini pro when delivered. I was riding some days with that firware and was not so happy with it. So I have updated to 1.2.8. But this Version was much worse than the 1.1.9.

The best way for you to proceed would be to upgrade to 1.2.8 and after that downgrade it to 1.1.7 like described in this Forum. I have done that also with the Ninebot mini from my friend. You can do that with all your Ninebots one after the other. If one is finished pair your phone with the next one and so on.

Good luck and best regards,

Kurt 

On 29/06/2016 at 10:26 AM, MC.TGN said:

Hi, I have just got 5 new ninebot mini for business purpose and this is its firmware version 1.1.9. I can't find any information about this version, but I won't upgrade to 1.2.8 for sure.Does anyone ever tried 1.1.9? Any suggestion? 

Hello

a firmware 1.1.9 ?, We were surprise with firmware 1.2.2, ! 

V1.2.8 is not really the big guilty, in true it's V1.2.7 the guilty the bad

look v1.2.7   << 3/ 5/ 7/  points

I suggest you take one, drive over 50km mileage gets your unlock speed rewards for ride at 18km/h and see if he 's biping for nothing or not

7.PNG

Edited by jojo33
  • Upvote 1

On 11/06/2016 at 9:11 PM, Denniss2 said:

If you can't setup the windows part or are to lasy, Alexander has setup a service on his public Server. Just skip the windows part in the tutorial:

2. I put all this staff at my own DNS server (portaller.com). So now downgrade can be performed easily - just change network settings to use 107.170.15.247 as DNS server, then check that http://apptest.ninebot.cn/appversion/appdownload/NinebotMini/version.json returns "CtrlVersionCode" "0130".
3. Run Ninebot app on android and connect it to Ninebot. It must find new firmware.
4. Firmware will be downgraded to 1.1.7, so every time when you are running app it will telling you that new firmware (1.3.0) is available. 

Take a look at the IOS und Android desciptions above to get things running.

For me this mission is accomplished. New projects are waiting. Please help others when they have problems. I will answer to questions and will update this page from time to time. But not as often and fast as in the last days, where I spend hours of time here.

Have fun with your Ninebots and don't update firmware ;)

Dennis

maybe better to suggest setup your own server, just incase network interruption

12 hours ago, jojo33 said:

Hello

a firmware 1.1.9 ?, We were surprise with firmware 1.2.2, ! 

V1.2.8 is not really the big guilty, in true it's V1.2.7 the guilty the bad

look v1.2.7   << 3/ 5/ 7/  points

Screenshot_2016-05-25-23-26-55.jpg

I suggest you take one, drive over 50km mileage gets your unlock speed rewards for ride at 18km/h and see if he 's biping for nothing or not

1.2.8 could kill you ninebot directly

11 hours ago, jojo33 said:

And dont use for downgrade APK over v3.5.1

It's better use Ninebot APK type v4 or V3 versions

it will be a good idea to modify old version apk and disable the update function on firmware and version number

12 minutes ago, leoncoolmoon said:

maybe better to suggest setup your own server, just incase network interruption

1.2.8 could kill you ninebot directly

it will be a good idea to modify old version apk and disable the update function on firmware and version number

Hello

- For security reasons, Denniss cant get it on his own server, you can ask him, he will explain you why,

- 1.2.8 never killed a mini just made a lot of issues with 1.2.7, it's apk 3.6 & 3.6.1 who kill your mini, it's apk developper fault, 

Edited by jojo33

3 hours ago, jojo33 said:

Hello

- For security reasons, Denniss cant get it on his own server, you can ask him, he will explain you why,

- 1.2.8 never killed a mini just made a lot of issues with 1.2.7, it's apk 3.6 & 3.6.1 who kill your mini, it's apk developper fault, 

I agree with you. what I mean is that it is better everyone set up their own dns serve. same reason as you explained.

if it is apk's issue, if I update my apk and redo the update will that fix the issue? I will try it

5 hours ago, leoncoolmoon said:

I agree with you. what I mean is that it is better everyone set up their own dns serve. same reason as you explained.

if it is apk's issue, if I update my apk and redo the update will that fix the issue? I will try it

I think all update with apk 3.5.1 3.6 and 3.6.1 doesnt work

if your mini bluetooth work, you can try with previous apk  you can dowload V3.3.....V3.4...

6 minutes ago, leoncoolmoon said:

Unfortunately not... :(

which solution have you with insurance bank card (visa master garantee for buyers or...) say me in private message if you prefer where you have bought your mini with the link

Me, im waiting info from confidential source how to do for your mini bloqued, it's not sure maybe i wll get a good information sooner

On 6/28/2016 at 2:49 AM, Jojo33A said:

max speed for me was 20.9km/h

russian is over 27km/h (i guess vodka and soyuz engine inside)

chinese 21.2km/h

jojo33.jpg

cc.jpg

vitessemax.png

How did you get the speed of 20.9km? I have long felt that the perfect speed to balance speed and safety for the minipro should be 21KM. Not sure how to get that though? Did you just change your country settings or something else?

A different question. I think we all agree that firmware for the Ninebot should be 1.1.7 but what about which app version to use? I am thinking about upgrading my app version to the latest version after doing the downgrade just so that I don't get two pop ups asking me if I want to install the latest version. However, wondering if the app has downsides as well?

@Deniss you rock!

10 hours ago, Sergio Sirus said:

How did you get the speed of 20.9km? I have long felt that the perfect speed to balance speed and safety for the minipro should be 21KM. Not sure how to get that though? Did you just change your country settings or something else?

my answer: old ninebot app version & firmware v117

explicationcompar.jpg

Thanks for your answer. Unfortunately from this link I am not able to download any version lower then 3.4.

I will start a new thread with the discussion which app version is the best on to use and ask there if people can share the APK's of older versions.