How to downgrade your Ninebot / Xiaomi Nine 9 / Segway Mini / Mini Pro from 1.2.8 to 1.1.7 Firmware

11 hours ago, bluto said:

Hi All, thank you for being here. I have followed Alexander's method. I am using v 3.5.0 of the app, dns appears to be working as the URL for CtrlVersionCode is replying correctly. When I launch the app, it connects to my mini and then I click 'Check for firmware updates' then I briefly get a message 'Begin to update controller's firmware (1.3.1->1.4.0) and "0%" then it kicks to this error message "Update of firmware of master control fails,please try again!"

Should I just keep retrying? It errors out very quickly.

thanks all for your help!

The similar result with me,  have 2% and then "Update of fimware of main control fails" (I use 3.3.0 version of APP)

Try flash with Android device (downgrade from 1.3.1 -> 1.4.0)

Hope for help, thank you..

Im already FILL DNS1 and DNS2, before, have the same error

Try with 3.3.0 and 3.5.0 and also try 3.2.2

All this have error after 2% flash 

Try with own server, but have the same result..

Edited by Aries.t

Again:  You can only downgrade to 1.1.7, if you are NOT on 1.3.1

Maybe someone talented guy, will find out the reason, why it's so.

Is it really the entries in the version.json file, as I guess?

The problem might be, that the Version Code from the current 1.3.1 is higher, than the one, you want to install!

Currents:

"CtrlVersionCode":["0131","50212"],

So maybe this is what the errors cause, when you try to get down to 1.1.7?

I acutally don't wanna bring any of my Mini's to 1.3.1 to test this.

All my Ninebots are on 1.1.7.

Edited by Ninebotwalt

I'm not seeing the benefit of v1.1.7 over v1.3.1, in fact I think 1.1.7 is worse (due to speed restriction), or no better at best. I may need to reset the mini PRO with v1.1.7 to see if there are any improvements but I may just go with v1.3.1 if resetting doesn't improve things. Or, perhaps, I need to log more miles to 'unlock' speeds greater than 17kph/10mph. Or try the latest APK? Both were downgraded/upgraded from firmware v1.2.8

v1.1.7 (APK 3.5.0) - First 1km 10kph/6mph restriction then unlocked. At first, would alarm at 17kph/10.5mph then after a few times it reduced alarm speed to 16kph/<10mph. It now always alarms at 16kph/<10mph. Tilt back is not as agressive as v1.3.1. No noticeable difference in torque going up an incline. A lot more beeping due to speeding

v1.3.1 (APK 3.6.2) - After first 1km 10kph/6mph restriction then unlocked. Alarms at 17kph, always, even pushed to 18kph/11mph with slow acceleration. Tilt back is more aggressive. At top speed, knees are further forward on the control bar. Speed up an incline results in more tilt back (can get squirrely). A lot less beeping due to speeding

Keep in mind I only have 24 miles on v1.3.1 and 8 miles on v1.1.7 so maybe it's too early to make a judgement call and being a noob?

At this point, I would tell someone to go for v1.3.1 and don't sweat it.

On 7/14/2016 at 3:44 PM, Xelvic said:

I tried all the app versions and it didn't work. I was able to downgrade the two new Mini Pros I got today. They both had the 1.2.8 on them. I can now ride side by side with the 1.1.7 and the 1.3.1 and can tell you that the 1.1.7 is way better. It goes up hills full speed and doesn't rock you back nearly as bad as the 1.3.1 does. The 1.1.7 also is about a half MPH faster than the 1.3.1

• Upvote 3

Andrius Ir Ingrida, you can download the file(s) from Alexander's server, see my previous post :

Go to point 2 - Github address, or point 3 - the direct link to the zip download.

Please note that the files have been renamed to enable the upgrade (which actually is a downgrade to 1.1.7).

• Upvote 1

Today I update 2 ninebots from 1.2.8 to 1.1.7 with DNS method without any problems. 
But I need to update 1.3.1 too. Can somebody find way to do this? Any news from advanced users of programmers how to do it?
Firmware show 1.4.0 when updating, so its increase version info from previous one, but no luck than try update 1.3.1. Same 2% stuck every time and same error. 
Maybe somebody have luck to downgrade? :) 

Thanks

Edited by weblitas

1 hour ago, weblitas said:

Today I update 2 ninebots from 1.2.8 to 1.1.7 with DNS method without any problems. 
But I need to update 1.3.1 too. Can somebody find way to do this? Any news from advanced users of programmers how to do it?
Firmware show 1.4.0 when updating, so its increase version info from previous one, but no luck than try update 1.3.1. Same 2% stuck every time and same error. 
Maybe somebody have luck to downgrade? :) 

Thanks

Have you tried the 1.1.7 and 1.3.1 ninebots to see what differences there are?  Quite a few users have now gone from 1.1.7 to 1.3.1 without noticing any significant problems, myself included.  As you can now compare them side by side, I'd be interested in your opinion.  Anyway, I thought it was impossible to go back from 1.3.1 to 1.1.7 - maybe I'm wrong...

I had both firmwares to compare for about 3 weeks with almost every day driving:

• My NB mini pro had the 1.1.7 (downgraded from 1.1.9)
  • The NB mini from my friend was on 1.3.1 (upgraded from 1.1.7)

We did many tours together and also swapped the NB`s. We drove the mini until the Batterie was totally empty (0 km left) and still had a top Speed allowed of 15 km/h. Also uphill driving was no Problem at all. No beeps, no other Problems. Topspeed almost the same.

So at the end I decided to update mine as well. And - I am absolutely happy with my decision! I also feel a Little bit safer. I cannot understand how many of the users complain about 1.3.1 and the lean back problem??? Most of the times I drive very Close or at 18 km/h, and I feel very comfortable!

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, Groundcrew said:

I had both firmwares to compare for about 3 weeks with almost every day driving:

• My NB mini pro had the 1.1.7 (downgraded from 1.1.9)
  • The NB mini from my friend was on 1.3.1 (upgraded from 1.1.7)

We did many tours together and also swapped the NB`s. We drove the mini until the Batterie was totally empty (0 km left) and still had a top Speed allowed of 15 km/h. Also uphill driving was no Problem at all. No beeps, no other Problems. Topspeed almost the same.

So at the end I decided to update mine as well. And - I am absolutely happy with my decision! I also feel a Little bit safer. I cannot understand how many of the users complain about 1.3.1 and the lean back problem??? Most of the times I drive very Close or at 18 km/h, and I feel very comfortable!

I've got about 50 miles on my miniPRO, all at 1.3.1. People who complain about leaning back simply don't know how to ride the unit correctly. Once you learn, you can cruise at 18km/h with no issue. 

7 hours ago, Groundcrew said:

I cannot understand how many of the users complain about 1.3.1 and the lean back problem??? Most of the times I drive very Close or at 18 km/h, and I feel very comfortable!

Hello

Complains were more about firmware V1.2.7/1.2.8, with is plenty of restrictive effects on our ride experience, but i don't saw a lot of complains about v1.3.1, this is explained with no previous version to compare for new users who are accustomed only with 1.2.8 or 1.3.1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Can someone please be kind enough to help me out? I just recently received my mini pro & do not have access to a PC to downgrade the software.  I know that Denniss created the .rar file which contains the pdf with the instructions but is it safe to download that type of a file onto my android device & will I be able to open it on my phone without any problems? 

18 minutes ago, j.allen028 said:

Can someone please be kind enough to help me out? I just recently received my mini pro & do not have access to a PC to downgrade the software.  I know that Denniss created the .rar file which contains the pdf with the instructions but is it safe to download that type of a file onto my android device & will I be able to open it on my phone without any problems? 

Hello, before all you must to know

It is not possible to downgrade from version V1.3.1 to v1.1.7 

Users have bricked their Mini (Production Date June 2016) in trying to downgrade from V1.2.8 to V1.1.7 with a version of BMS V2.1.7 and app version V3.5.0 

Please read this topic:

Just now, jojo33 said:

Hello, before all you must to know

It is not possible to downgrade from version V1.3.1 to v1.1.7 

Users have bricked their Mini (Production Date June 2016) in trying to downgrade from V1.2.8 to V1.1.7 with a version of BMS V2.1.7 and app version V3.5.0 

Please read this topic:

I have 1.2.8