Freeman A4H and A4 review

andress

22 hours ago, andress said:

Did you get to speak to someone? 

so @andress I have talked to one of the engineers and they told me that they have two versions of the boards, one is for the stiff version1 and the other is the newer softer version2. It seems that after a bunch of testing, they settled on version2 figuring the softer ride would be better for the over all cross section of customers. So right now they don't make that V1 board anymore nor do they have any of version1 boards left in stock anymore. Though they are considering offering the option in the future. That's cool!

But they did say (surprisingly) that they would make one for me, I just don't know how long that might take. :( 

Edited by Sidestreet Reny

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/16/2016 at 1:12 PM, andress said:

Did you get to speak to someone? 

Hey Andress

It turns out that Freeman sent me the new version2 model just like yours according to the factory. I am super bummed they said that I still have to wait 2 months for the version1 boards to be made! I am gonna hate the version2...I know it. But for curiosity sake, do you have any more thoughts on the way the A4H rides, stops, starts etc?

15 minutes ago, Sidestreet Reny said:

Hey Andress

It turns out that Freeman sent me the new version2 model just like yours according to the factory. I am super bummed they said that I still have to wait 2 months for the version1 boards to be made! I am gonna hate the version2...I know it. But for curiosity sake, do you have any more thoughts on the way the A4H rides, stops, starts etc?

I have managed to break the unicycle... I was riding and having fun on a steep hill (so steep and long it is the only place where my ks14c overheats even when just passing through) and while going down the unicycle turned off tumbled and never turned on again. No injury on my part, I was wearing wrist protection. Freeman assured me it was faulty board and that should not happen if I get new one. Now I'm thinking if I could get the same one as you did or if I should tell them to just send me anything they have to have them quick.

EDIT:

Before I broke it was good. In faster speeds the behavior was similar to KS. While idling it really was softer than x3 clone I have.

Edited by andress
  • Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, andress said:

I have managed to break the unicycle... I was riding and having fun on a steep hill (so steep and long it is the only place where my ks14c overheats even when just passing through) and while going down the unicycle turned off tumbled and never turned on again. No injury on my part, I was wearing wrist protection. Freeman assured me it was faulty board and that should not happen if I get new one. Now I'm thinking if I could get the same one as you did or if I should tell them to just send me anything they have to have them quick.

EDIT:

Before I broke it was good. In faster speeds the behavior was similar to KS. While idling it really was softer than x3 clone I have.

WOW! They should have left it alone. I don't even want to ride the v2 now! :( Bummed out!

I just had my new 9bot die on me too, just going down a slope! Turned off, never turned back on and fried (bad board!) when I got home to plug it in and reset it...poof!

With my EU luck I am never going to find the right wheel...or maybe it's the KS14B or the MCM3 which I tried and liked for the most part. Don't you have a KS14?

1 minute ago, Sidestreet Reny said:

I just had my new 9bot die on me too, just going down a slope! Turned off, never turned back on and fried (bad board!) when I got home to plug it in and reset it...poof!

With my EU luck I am never going to find the right wheel...or maybe it's the KS14B or the MCM3 which I tried and liked for the most part. Don't you have a KS14?

Isn't ninebot too big for your tricks? I have KS14C and I have never tried better wheel. I have 680Wh battery so it is a bit too heavy for jumping but I use it everyday for about 10km and sometimes longer trips since December 2015 and I can rely on it 100 percent. Its fast, has long range and for commuting ideal stiffness while in play mode.

• Upvote 2

Just now, andress said:

Isn't ninebot too big for your tricks? I have KS14C and I have never tried better wheel. I have 680Wh battery so it is a bit too heavy for jumping but I use it everyday for about 10km and sometimes longer trips since December 2015 and I can rely on it 100 percent. Its fast, has long range and for commuting ideal stiffness while in play mode.

The 9bot is like a big diesel Mercedes...sure it's a Benz...but it looks and drives like a tank. Yeah the 14B would be my choice if it was KS, how sturdy are they? Do the cases crack? 

10 hours ago, andress said:

EDIT:

Any idea what broke on it? Any sign of failed components? I want to find out which components are failing the most often on EUCs.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, andress said:

the board. but IDK what on it, nothing seems burned or anything, but most likely the bridges since the wheel doesnt move freely

I am not really looking forward to the arrival of mine!! Now I am scared to do anything or go fast.

But,@Sidestreet Reny, you are pretty good in your videos.  You can probably do tricks on just about any wheel.  Maybe you can do a review and post video that would be helpful to people.  You know the limits of the old wheel, you can compare and tell us any differences and improvements.

• Upvote 1

On 6/4/2016 at 4:20 PM, steve454 said:

But,@Sidestreet Reny, you are pretty good in your videos.  You can probably do tricks on just about any wheel.  Maybe you can do a review and post video that would be helpful to people.  You know the limits of the old wheel, you can compare and tell us any differences and improvements.

Thanx. I will definitely post my opinion and a video as well. It will be here Monday or Tuesday....For Real! It's with my local FedEx already.

So we will see what happens, I have been through a couple EU's already in a couple months and they all haven't wanted to stay under the feet. Besides the Gotway MCM3, for the most part!

I still need another EU and I seriously want to try the KS-14b and the Ninebot S2 (cant get one here in the US anywhere).

I'm a little late to the party with this one....

I have an A4H - and it does have Bluetooth (well at least mine does - although having spoken to Freeman, the main boards are a bit of a gamble which you get).  There is a Freeman app, or the Gotway one works as well, which is easier to get hold of. Once the wheel is sync'd, it has 3 selectable modes - so Reny, fear not, you may yet get your sharpness back ! :)

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Oily said:

I have an A4H - and it does have Bluetooth (well at least mine does - although having spoken to Freeman, the main boards are a bit of a gamble which you get).  There is a Freeman app, or the Gotway one works as well, which is easier to get hold of. Once the wheel is sync'd, it has 3 selectable modes - so Reny, fear not, you may yet get your sharpness back ! :)

Whaaaaaaaaat? I have spoken with them and the engineers bout this issue for hours on end via email and they never bothered to mention this possibility but would rather have me wait for the stiff ride board (Version2) to be ready again. The new cycle is sitting in my living room as I write this, it came yesterday and it is so soft and mushy that I literally can't even idle in place or do a 180 hop or spin! I am going to pull it out of the box again and check that right now!!!!! It is in the box ready to send back. And I will call the engineers at Freeman if it doesn't show up on the app. Thanx soooo much for the heads up. Wish me luck.

5 hours ago, Oily said:

I should be so lucky! Nothing shows up on any of the Gotway apps and I checked the Ninebot app just for the hell of it. No blue tooth shows up anywhere else. No sync. I am pretty over it, this has been a serious headache for months now. I'll call them here in a few hours....but I don't have high hopes that anything will be resolved anytime in the near future. It seems that right when I think they give a f_ck. I guess they don't.

I am buying something else that can do what I need it to do (man I haven't done any tricks for a month now)! So I am looking at The Zero, S2, MCM4, V3 (they all have dope pedals) or the the King Song 14b but the pedals have some weird shape and angle. All is a matter of cost of course, but also the weight, durability and strength, so we'll see. Nothings perfect!

There seem to be 2 different boards that the A4H comes with - 1 has Bluetooth, and the other doesn't (although according to Freeman - none should have Bluetooth and it depends what their supplier sends them !???)

Sorry I got your hopes up ! :(

Bluetooth.jpg

51 minutes ago, Oily said:

There seem to be 2 different boards that the A4H comes with - 1 has Bluetooth, and the other doesn't (although according to Freeman - none should have Bluetooth and it depends what their supplier sends them !???)

Bluetooth.jpg

They told me that it was Oliver in the UK that got one. ;) 

@Sidestreet Reny

get a Ks14c with 340wh...

i have crashed mine a very lot...even at high speeds...and it only got some scratches...

its shell is hard as stone! its powerful as hell....all you need!

and if you ever want to get more "reach" ...you can just throw in another batteriepack...

and for the tricks: the france artist "damien....." ( forgot his name) is using one also...

or for money saving: a14b from ewheels.com

Edited by KingSong69

7 hours ago, KingSong69 said:

@Sidestreet Reny

get a Ks14c with 340wh...

i have crashed mine a very lot...even at high speeds...and it only got some scratches...

its shell is hard as stone! its powerful as hell....all you need!

and if you ever want to get more "reach" ...you can just throw in another batteriepack...

and for the tricks: the france artist "damien....." ( forgot his name) is using one also...

or for money saving: a14b from ewheels.com

@KingSong69 I would love to see this guy "Damien..." do tricks on the King Song, I have never found a video of anyone doing any on one, not even any basic freestyle, just a kid going down some stairs backwards in China. Anybody out there?

On 6/14/2016 at 10:20 PM, Oily said:

Bluetooth.jpg

Hey Oily here's pics of both boards under my A4H hood, what does the little board do?

20160616_113612.jpg

20160616_113011.jpg