NB1 upgrade : 708WH !

Philfree

I wonder what courier Gotway is using to ship their batteries as they seem to have no problems as long as they ship them separately.  They've got some pretty powerful cells in their models.

One option might be to solder half the number of cells onto the BMS and ship separately the rest of the cells and the shrink wrap for the customer to solder on the rest.  As long as the customer is qualified to solder battery tabs and takes some responsibility for quality control issues this could work possibly?

8 hours ago, SuperSport said:

I believe the issue is that 1Rad doesn't have certification for their batteries yet, but GotWay does, so carriers can ship those. 

I will Quote somebody with the next sentence who knows a lot about Batterie sending:

"They have to be shipped as hazardous cargo, which means that the forwarder must be certified in the handling of DG that takes many months to complete the Training "

So it seams to be more a "Sender" Problem than an certification....big batteries can only go as "DG-Dangerous Goods" on Cargo Flights only and there are only a handful who are able to handle tthis DG.......

My experience has been that importing Wheels/batteries into the US by courier is all but impossible these days. Earlier in the year it was possible, but since the whole Hoverboard fiasco, couriers are not prepared to take on the risk. Europe, on the other hand, still has a couple carriers who permit Battery goods (Dangerous Goods) aboard some cargo flights.

If there are exporters of Wheels into the US, then I suspect the goods manifest records for these are being doctored.

It's definitely more than possible as Gotway has shipped numerous batteries into the US over the last couple of months!  @1RadWerkstatt, please figure out the certifications and shipping as there are already buyers here in the US!  I know I for one would order right now!!! 

5 minutes ago, Soju said:

It's definitely more than possible as Gotway has shipped numerous batteries into the US over the last couple of months!  @1RadWerkstatt, please figure out the certifications and shipping as there are already buyers here in the US!  I know I for one would order right now!!! 

I will and my friend will too. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 2016-06-28 at 3:28 PM, KingSong69 said:

I will Quote somebody with the next sentence who knows a lot about Batterie sending:

"They have to be shipped as hazardous cargo, which means that the forwarder must be certified in the handling of DG that takes many months to complete the Training "

So it seams to be more a "Sender" Problem than an certification....big batteries can only go as "DG-Dangerous Goods" on Cargo Flights only and there are only a handful who are able to handle tthis DG.......

I have not sent batteries since the hooverboard incidents but the dangerous goods form is just a simple form that a company fills out at the airport. Usually the ff has all the necessary documents for them to be able to ship batteries. 

BUT as I said they might have changed routines after all the hooverboard fires.

Archived