NB1 upgrade : 708WH !

Philfree

I just have ordered the 388Wh battery from 1RadWerkstatt   - so I will share my opinion after I get it.  Battery has proper BMS with balancing, while original battery does not, so I am counting on many more  recharges without capacity reduction, lower chance of accidental switch off (I had one which ended with the fall on asphalt at around 15km/h but I was wearing knee, elbow and wrist protectors so no issues.. )  and the true 30+ km of range. !

Maybe "dual battery" will be the next step..  this solution can give HUGE range - close to 70 km!!!

1RadWerkstatt  respond quickly and with professional knowledge! 

2 hours ago, Lukasz said:

I just have ordered the 388Wh battery from 1RadWerkstatt   - so I will share my opinion after I get it.  Battery has proper BMS with balancing, while original battery does not, so I am counting on many more  recharges without capacity reduction, lower chance of accidental switch off (I had one which ended with the fall on asphalt at around 15km/h but I was wearing knee, elbow and wrist protectors so no issues.. )  and the true 30+ km of range. !

Maybe "dual battery" will be the next step..  this solution can give HUGE range - close to 70 km!!!

1RadWerkstatt  respond quickly and with professional knowledge! 

What was the price of the 388Wh battery?

On 10/5/2016 at 2:50 AM, Lukasz said:

.  Battery has proper BMS with balancing, while original battery does not, so I am counting on many more  recharges without capacity reduction, lower chance of accidental switch off 

I have already read these arguments on the facebook pages of 1radwerkstatt . This claims must  absolutly be demonstrated @1RadWerkstatt this sounds pretty serious.

On 5/10/2016 at 5:00 AM, SuperSport said:

What was the price of the 388Wh battery?

Please contact 1Rad Werkstatt for details.

luk

I bought the 388Wh battery last year. I can say, it was worth the money (ask 1RadWerkstatt@gmx.de for current price). My Ninebot C+ runs around 35…38km with this battery (my weight is 79kg). I never had an accidental shut off.

On some eWheel tours other 9b1 users were amazedly looking on my battery status. I still had enough juice, where others already came close to the 20% border :)

Only issue is getting them shipped to the US.  Anyone know a way around that?  By boat, or other method?  I'd be happy to order now, but they don't know of a way to ship them.

5 hours ago, rupi99 said:

I bought the 388Wh battery last year. I can say, it was worth the money (ask 1RadWerkstatt@gmx.de for current price). My Ninebot C+ runs around 35…38km with this battery (my weight is 79kg). I never had an accidental shut off.

On some eWheel tours other 9b1 users were amazedly looking on my battery status. I still had enough juice, where others already came close to the 20% border :)

Do you have any photos of your upgraded ninebot?

I'd order one as well, if they could ship them. I asked on their Facebook page about getting one in the states, and they said they tried shipping to the U.S. twice without any success. It would be great if they could sell a kit with their BMS and instructions on how to build the battery. Or perhaps get a place like Batteries Plus to build one for you.There's got to be a way to do this! 

I contacted Batteries Plus and they said they would not allow their employees to build such a powerful and dangerous battery.  No discussion at all, they just refused.

23 minutes ago, SuperSport said:

I contacted Batteries Plus and they said they would not allow their employees to build such a powerful and dangerous battery.  No discussion at all, they just refused.

Just DIY battery pack;)

31 minutes ago, SuperSport said:

Wow, that really sucks. I guess I'll have to take @Jug's advice and DIY it.

A few comments regarding the 388Wh battery from 1Rad Werkstatt:

+ fast procurement and shipment time

+ delivery on Saturday !

+ Nice transparent shrink on all parts (also wires) – good solution, easy to see / check for eventual issues.

+ App shows 28km range (on original battery it was 27km)

+ Easily visible increase in real range – my weight when dressed, with protectors and small backpack is around 90kg. I try to keep around 48-50 psi pressure in the tire. Regular battery allows around 20 km range to get into red zone (30% left) and maybe around 5 km reserve range. On this battery I have made 25 km in various terrain (include uphill/downhill, city cruise and stable high speed ride plus I am guessing around 10 km reserve. (I have made around 28 km trip, still with 25% battery left)

+ I have noticed slightly higher max short-term speed – 23,6 km/h (for very short time) – on the NB battery it was 23,1 km/h, 

+ I think that the torque is higher as the voltage level of the battery seems to be more stiff.

Generally speaking – I am happy with the performance and the gain. For now the range is more than enough for my (current) needs.  Also - safety is the key issue - I have encountered the switch off on the original battery and I do not want it to happen again. 

(picture of the new battery removed due to the forum disk space limits)

I have made 28 km. with 25% left. (my total weight when I ride is around 90kg)  Battery offer extra 20-25% more of your usual range, also cell deterioration will be slower due to proper BMS.  For my usual trips I needed just a few kilometers more than the standard battery and I have it now.  

Please read the FB page details. 40km range is with 1piece of 388Wh battery.   To get the 70km range the setup is different -  You need to replace side panels for more roomy ones custom made by 1Rad guys (around 15 mm thicker), and in this extra space there is enough room for another 388Wh battery (in fact two batteries 194Wh each - one goes together with regular battery on the right side, and next one goes on the left side with main board.  This gives you 776Wh total, and I can ensure you that 70km+ range is 100% possible.

• 1 month later...

Archived