London EUC rider made the news for committing hit-and-run

her injuries are not believed to be life-threatening, the police have said.

Thankfully it doesn't seem like the elderly situation.

However, the rider of the electric unicycle didn't stop at the scene, so police are now searching for them.

That, however, is pretty f*cked up.. Hit and run - to a child - really? 

Fleeing also makes me believe that the rider was in the wrong and didn't control the EUC.. Why would you run otherwise, if, for example, the kid just run into him (as kids do, being all over the place and not paying attention to anything/doing stuff that makes no sense)? 

99% rider was at fault - if he choose to run..

Silver lining - maybe finally euc's gonna get banned. :) (At least on streets..) As they simply are too fast.

Edited by Funky

EUC's are already illegal in UK.

My wager is that he's one of those shitty psychopaths that think they are alone on the road.
Anybody respectful of others would stay on the scene to help.

I hope they find him.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, atdlzpae said:

EUC's are already illegal in UK.

My wager is that he's one of those shitty psychopaths that think they are alone on the road.
Anybody respectful of others would stay on the scene to help.

I hope they find him.

Maybe he/she is a member of this forum...

39 minutes ago, Robse said:

Maybe he/she is a member of this forum...

99% chance it's a he. Both because overwhelming majority of EUC lovers are male AND way higher chance that an adrenaline junkie is a man.

I'm not a politically correct person and I don't care. B)

21 minutes ago, atdlzpae said:

99% chance it's a he. Both because overwhelming majority of EUC lovers are male AND way higher chance that an adrenaline junkie is a man.

I'm not a politically correct person and I don't care. B)

It's 2024 - "he" may be "it". As we all know that we got dozen of sexes nowadays. Each passing year we get new ones. Full rainbow. World is full of clowns. :D Some even look like ones. And then there's the scary lizard people..

Edited by Funky
  • Haha 1

37 minutes ago, xiiijojjo said:

Him staying would have changed nothing for the girl, and would have only gotten his EUC confiscated. If UK hadn't criminalized his transportation device, he would have probably stayed behind with the victim, understanding that at least his 3000$+ wheel won't be stolen by the government, so I don't fault him for the run part of the hit and run. It goes without saying he's an idiot for doing the hit part in the first place. 

Yeah - same time he now faces bigger problems, be higher amount $$$ in court, or maybe even jail time.. (IF he gets caught now..)

But yeah i can see that viewpoint - i also would not like that police rob my in bright daytime.. 

Edited by Funky
  • Like 1

Oh dear. Terrible news. AND in that London, where everyone will read about it and go most hysterical.

Obviously I hope the girl is OK. And of course while the behaviour of the rider afterwards can't be considered very honourable, and probably a way short of 'the right thing', it is, as others have said, kinda understandable why he got out of there, though that plan is probably gonna backfire on him later due to the almost gap-free coverage of London with security cams.

As usual in these accidents we never have enough information to know what exactly was the culprit here - rider could have been going too fast, and in that sort of area it could be argued that anything over walking pace was too fast for it, OR the little girl could have been doing what they do, and running around in an unpredictable way paying zero attention to what was around her. She could have run out from a small hidden gap right onto him for all we know. I suppose the instinct to run away is stronger if you feel you were at fault tho..

Things like this are rather significant setbacks to the cause of all of us out there every day trying to show that these things can be ridden safely everywhere.

Edited by Cerbera
  • Like 2

34 minutes ago, xiiijojjo said:

Also EUC are already illegal in UK 

Ok, knowing about EUC's being illegal there - makes sense why he dipped the fk out. Riding illegally and causing an accident would certainly rack up a nice fine on top with the removal of the wheel. Although if he gets caught.. it's even worse..

I guess you might expect a new wheel+gear bundle selling in UK? :D 

Just now, Phonoman said:

I guess you might expect a new wheel+gear bundle selling in UK? :D 

Lol i thought about the same.. He may be better of trying to sell the wheel now. - Get new wheel/gear. Different colors.. 

23 minutes ago, GothamMike said:

Throw away the helmet pads, and clothes, too.  In someone else’s dustbin. 

Or simply use bleach and make them white.. :D Recolor them afterwards. (Repaint helmet..)

Or even better - make new life in different country. (Aka fresh start..) :whistling: No need to sell or throw away anything.

Edited by Funky
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, atdlzpae said:

"Running around in an unpredictable way" = you slow down. Even to a walking speed if necessary.
"Small hidden gap" = you slow down. Even to a walking speed if necessary.

Defensive driving is even more important on an EUC.

I believe I did specifically mention walking speed as being ideal for the area. That still doesn't preclude someone small you didn't even see suddenly running into your path - that was my only point - that these things can happen even if the rider IS very careful, just as they can with e-bikes and scooters and other 'pavement stuff' - even other pedestrians ! It's rare that humans moving at speed actually knock over other people, but it does happen, and sometimes with similarly tragic results...

Edited by Cerbera
  • Like 1

30 minutes ago, atdlzpae said:

"Running around in an unpredictable way" = you slow down. Even to a walking speed if necessary.
"Small hidden gap" = you slow down. Even to a walking speed if necessary.

Defensive driving is even more important on an EUC.

These guys somehow are able to evade even the "almost no gap" camera coverage. :thumbup:

G:cheers:d job !

Yes I hit (ran into) a pedestrian on the sidewalk...I was following the guy that was on the left side and then the bloody fool suddenly turned 90° right, right in front of a store door, in front of me....I would have hit him on a bike if I was on that....WTF MAN....

Edited by MetricUSA

In the UK, regardless of circumstances or fault, he could have his $4,000 EUC permanently confiscated, 6 points on his licence with the knock on effect of increased future premiums for the car, plus a fine guaranteed. Not condoning his action but I could see in a panic why he did it. Glad he did turn himself in eventually though.

• RagingGrandpa changed the title to London EUC rider made the news for committing hit-and-run