Just got my pair of KS16 today

John Eucist

11 minutes ago, Gimlet said:

I'll be interested to hear what you think of them John.

Not keen on the Ninebot look myself and you know I've no use for the built in trolley! :)

It's fricking 17 kg though.  But I guess your Msuper is around that too.  Yeah I'll be testing it as soon as it stops raining.  :P

First thing I have noticed (without riding it yet), which I don't think anyone mentioned yet, is that when in the riding position the left channel audio comes out the left side while the right channel audio comes out the right side (as it should be).  On the KS14, however, the left channel comes out the back side and the right channel comes out the front side (not ideal).

Oh dear John! I don't like the idea of a channel coming out of my backside!! :)

Can't say I ever noticed it on my KS14 but I rarely bother playing music, probably only played it 2 or 3 times.

I can not imagine a bigger facility for a small startup company like KingSong. Most likely they just assemble quality parts there and make it  a final branded product. If they can produce 100 units a day, is that a good number?

Well my KS16 arrived today as well after a circutious route via Ireland of all places after the shipper added it to the address!!

Fully charged and ready to go.....tried to get the android app from Kingsong but can't read Chineese so got it from the dealer in France instead.

Its rock steady to ride and not as noisy as I had been led to believe....acceleration is very gentle indeed......not tried any tricks yet as its still pristine. I am going to enjoy this wheel a lot!

14 hours ago, John Eucist said:

It's fricking 17 kg though.  But I guess your Msuper is around that too.  Yeah I'll be testing it as soon as it stops raining.  :P

Wow, that's heavy for a 16 inch wheel! 

2 hours ago, Planetpapi said:

I can not imagine a bigger facility for a small startup company like KingSong. Most likely they just assemble quality parts there and make it  a final branded product. If they can produce 100 units a day, is that a good number?

Most "factories" for low-volume products aren't much more than a big room with folding tables, this one looks better than many I've seen. Given how many we see and people on the forum here, it seems unlikely that KS is selling a lot of units outside China. I would think that if they made 100 a day that would be a huge number and I doubt it's that big. They might have a bit of a surge to fill the backlog of KS16 orders but even then, how many of those do you think there are?

6 hours ago, OliverH said:

Is that the lab or production room? ;) I wasn't aware that Kingsong is so small. How many can they build a day?

It's their main production room.  There are two rows but the camera only captured one.  It's not small.  eucs are not mass consumer items.

3 hours ago, John Eucist said:

It's their main production room.  There are two rows but the camera only captured one.  It's not small.  eucs are not mass consumer items.

They're no volume products, because:

- no one has a real business plan

- no marketing plan

- no processes in place

- not sure if they've financial planing in place like we do it over here (must anyway be part of the business plan)

- no manufacturer makes lobbying to get the street legal status => mass volume 

- no manufacturer potentially can cope the standard requirements has the necessary ISO9001:2015 certification

With standards (basics for street legal) there will only be manufacturers left which aggressive design/ modify their products to cope with the requirements. With aggressive I mean instantly willing to do it. The calculation for the investment and ROI can and must be done by self.

If a standard is available and regulations are in place we talk about 5-6 manufacturer be able to deliver products the products. As there will be companies not following this route we can imagine that 3-4 will meet the requirements in the mid term and 1-2 in short term. The company being first will have the primeur factor and will benefit at least one sales season (expanding sales volume, establishing the brand, build up sales network and get cash in).

It's not about having the technology to join the game. It's the full package with company certification (quality/ service management)  and product certification. The current companies need to get more maturity and become a small size automotive manufacturer. And than a production room like at Kingsong will become a lab room and production needs to move in bigger facilities with much more production capabilities and automation.

Archived