Leaperkim Sherman L 151V 4000wh 20" 102lbs

38 minutes ago, Jono said:

excellent addition to the lineup. 
I wonder if these large wheels will do away with trolley handles. how many use them instead of pushing the top of the wheel?

I have an Abrams, and I prefer to use the trolley handle. However, because the trolley handle is so flimsy, I sometimes just grab the rear handle and use that to push the wheel around while I am walking it.

My preference is for the manufacturers to make sturdier trolley handles.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
11 hours ago, WheelGoodTime said:

it's 3200. early reports showed 5000w but that appears to have been in error.

3200W? That is barely more powerful than my old 100V EX20?! How is that supposed to suffice for 100km/h?

Edited by mhpr262
  • Like 1

On 7/4/2024 at 10:29 PM, meepmeepmayer said:

Try another Abrams! I never understood why there wasn't an Abrams-S, for example.

The original Abrams was already inferior to the Sherman in every aspect, the only thing it had was its bigger wheel. And now, with the trend moving towards 16'' and 20'' wheels I dont know what such wheel would really be good for. 24'' wheels are so huge that the niche is only big enough for the Master Pro, if that. A lightweight, 24'' or 26'' wheel driven by a small, geared, high-rpm electric motor like what the e-skate people use would be pretty cool though.

It's going to cost more than the Lynx or the Sherman-S. And with how popular the few LeaperKim models are, I'm not expecting any price decreases for the existing wheels.

So... 4700? 4999?:efee96588e:

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, meepmeepmayer said:

It's going to cost more than the Lynx or the Sherman-S. And with how popular the few LeaperKim models are, I'm not expecting any price decreases for the existing wheels.

So... 4700? 4999?:efee96588e:

It's going to cost a lot no matter where you get it (outside of China), which was the case with my S. But given how great my Sherman S has been for 2 years, 3 months, and 19,694km's into ownership  I'm hoping the L will be just as great, despite the cost.

Edited by Clem604
  • Like 1

On 7/4/2024 at 2:39 PM, squirrel said:

Exciting. That name is one letter away from being the right choice. Sherman XL baby

Likely the next upgrade. 

7 hours ago, techyiam said:

If you don't mind my asking, are you find that your Patton is significantly more stable than your V12 at speeds between 30 mph to 40 mph? It sounded like you don't feel like you are looking for more stability with your 16" Patton.

Jimjam may have a different opinion, but I have zero stability issues on the Patton unless it is gusty windy conditions.  Low 40's mph frequently and it just goes.  Peopke that aren't used to smaler diameter tires may find it unstable in comparison...but I call it lively and nimble.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Rollin-on-1 said:

Jimjam may have a different opinion, but I have zero stability issues on the Patton unless it is gusty windy conditions.  Low 40's mph frequently and it just goes.  Peopke that aren't used to smaler diameter tires may find it unstable in comparison...but I call it lively and nimble.

I ride a V12 with tire pumped at max pressure and for a long period I was riding with the leg pads quite loose and had frequent wobbles at high speeds when hitting bumps in the road or braking. As soon as I tightened the pads around the legs most wobbles disappeared. Of course you have to learn how to avoid creating wobbles yourself when braking or changing direction and how to let them clear away if they appear, but this simple move matters a lot. Shout out to @WheelGoodTime for the tip👍 in one of his vids !

• Like 3

8 hours ago, techyiam said:

If you don't mind my asking, are you find that your Patton is significantly more stable than your V12 at speeds between 30 mph to 40 mph? It sounded like you don't feel like you are looking for more stability with your 16" Patton.

Way more stable than my v12. I am honestly not looking for much more than the Patton offers. But would love the smart BMS, and other enhancements. I am quite paranoid about battery fires, etc. all tho LK has a great record even on older non smart BMS wheels.

Also, I am really a small person and light, so the thought of a bigger wheel while not something I am against, is not really a need for me. 

Plus the suspension on the Patton for me is quite perfect. But I do understand why people need better.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Rollin-on-1 said:

My opinion is pretty much in line with yours. I have very little stability issues. I also ride with no pads. 

The only one point to note is I have a pedal lowering kit. Which made a slight difference, but mostly in mounting and unmounting. Which as a short guy was always a bit of sour point for me lol. I sometimes stumble and it's probably funny to watch. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jimjam.nyc said:

My opinion is pretty much in line with yours. I have very little stability issues. I also ride with no pads. 

The only one point to note is I have a pedal lowering kit. Which made a slight difference, but mostly in mounting and unmounting. Which as a short guy was always a bit of sour point for me lol. I sometimes stumble and it's probably funny to watch. 

I put a pedal lowering kit on mine too.  Interestingly, I feel like it made the Patton more lively and responsiv when accelerating.  It did not seem to make things any more stable at top speed.  

But enough about Patton...this is a Sherman L thread. 

• Like 2

14 hours ago, TwilightLord said:

Max speed doesn’t have to do with the motor power.

It absolutely does have to do with motor power, at least as long was we are talking about an ordinary shaped wheel with an 80kg adult riding it. 3.200W is just not enough for 100km/h, certainly not if you're standing on the wheel and almost certainly not when sitting  down either. It doesnt matter how much you fiddle around with the voltage and back EMF and field weakening or whatever, at the end of the day it is raw power that is needed to overcome the air and rolling resistance.

It would easily be enough with the rider planking on top of the wheel and everything encased in an aerodynamic teardrop shape, but not with wheels as we know them.

3 hours ago, mhpr262 said:

It absolutely does have to do with motor power, at least as long was we are talking about an ordinary shaped wheel with an 80kg adult riding it. 3.200W is just not enough for 100km/h, certainly not if you're standing on the wheel and almost certainly not when sitting  down either. It doesnt matter how much you fiddle around with the voltage and back EMF and field weakening or whatever, at the end of the day it is raw power that is needed to overcome the air and rolling resistance.

It would easily be enough with the rider planking on top of the wheel and everything encased in an aerodynamic teardrop shape, but not with wheels as we know them.

Is like saying a sports car speed doesn’t have anything to do with its motor power. Of course it has. What he is actually trying to say is that voltage plays a limiting role  in a non-geared, direct transmission permanent motor.

Posted (edited)

I just briefly went over the specs, this is almost ideal to what I'd want in a wheel. A long-range, powerful, suspension, WITH STRONG TROLLEY HANDLE LIKE THE CP (EDIT: plastic handle it looks like [cries inside]), light weight for its specs, 20 inch wheel. I don't know enough about the safety stuff so I won't comment on that.. if this wheel had a strong waterproof rating this would be my ideal wheel. As it stands, considering I do food delivery, this would be on the top of my list for my next pick, especially since it's coming from leaperkim and their reliability/durability. The V13 has always been something I've been interested in due to its waterproof rating and package..

I'm assuming the pedals are much improved from the Sherman-S? Also, the ergonomics look good too, and I'm sure it's pretty rugged to boot, which is always a consideration of mine since the parts are always freakin' expensive

Edited by BKW
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Jason McNeil said:

Finally have permission to share... there will be more details in the next hour.

Sherman-LFrontObliqueRight.jpg.e46cd7a4bdb6b1000ad57016daf4d18e.jpg

Sherman-LTopFront.jpg.40760974980d458654ef9ff661fd3270.jpg

Sherman-LFrontObliqueRightHandle.jpg.cff0800a42b37ea66e78e8896acc6044.jpg

Sherman-LFront.jpg.8ce6d5b1d707cb36abeba75544717e4e.jpg

Sherman-LSideRight.jpg.492ad196caa478fc6083832064864bcd.jpg

Sherman-LRearObliqueLeft.jpg.412272d11b7f5da22e7a958d554aa0ec.jpg

Sherman-LSideLeftKickstand.jpg.cb21a048fde821c96fce8caea99883ab.jpg

Sherman-LRear.jpg.f3e74e3497e24afb39501c60d0c539ae.jpg

Looks nice and solid. I wonder how much weight could they shave off if the cases were made of plastic, maybe another few kg? And how much would that really compromise the durability/stiffness?

Posted (edited)

All in all, this wheel I think is gonna be another popular EUC from the LP lineup.

Edited by BKW
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, Jason McNeil said:

Finally have permission to share... there will be more details in the next hour.

Sherman-LFrontObliqueRight.jpg.e46cd7a4bdb6b1000ad57016daf4d18e.jpg

Sherman-LTopFront.jpg.40760974980d458654ef9ff661fd3270.jpg

Sherman-LFrontObliqueRightHandle.jpg.cff0800a42b37ea66e78e8896acc6044.jpg

Sherman-LFront.jpg.8ce6d5b1d707cb36abeba75544717e4e.jpg

Sherman-LSideRight.jpg.492ad196caa478fc6083832064864bcd.jpg

Sherman-LRearObliqueLeft.jpg.412272d11b7f5da22e7a958d554aa0ec.jpg

Sherman-LSideLeftKickstand.jpg.cb21a048fde821c96fce8caea99883ab.jpg

Sherman-LRear.jpg.f3e74e3497e24afb39501c60d0c539ae.jpg

:barf::barf::barf:  What an ugly design! Does curves 🤢 🤮🫤

Just now, Jason McNeil said:

It's not possible: the Lynx @ 88lb/40kg is as light as a Wheel can be with those specs (with current tech), the Sherman-L is just 6.5kg more. The additional 72x cells x  ~72g/cell = is 5.184kg, this exclude additional packaging, BMS surface area, casing, etc. By way of perspective, the EB GT PRO+ weighs 10kg more than the Sherman-L! 

I mean, even though the magnesium chassis is already very light, and it's amazing what LeaperKim achieved with the Lynx and the Sherman L - magnesium's density is still 1.7 g/cm3. Plastics, like CF-nylon, can be around 1.2 g/cm3. But I guess with large wheels the metal casing just makes more sense, I was just theorizing of what would be possible in the future / on different, possibly smaller and cheaper offerings from Veteran

• Like 3