6'3" 300lbs looking for somethjng to ride less than 6 miles twice a week

I'm also new, also around 300lbs, and also in Ohio. I bought my first two wheels this winter. I really like them both.

The first was a used V11. I like the suspension and it rides great. I did have a problem that I'm not sure was from being heavy or from being used, or from  being my learning wheel. Basically, the kickstand or the plastic near it was rubbing the wheel on my first long ride and I didn't notice until I got home. It softened the plastic and ruined the kickstand bracket.I removed the kickstand and it no longer rubs so no more problem. Sometimes, partly because of that, I wonder if I'm too heavy for it. But so far, so good.

The second was a used Monster Pro. It's much bigger, much heavier, and has a much bigger battery. No suspension though. That doesn't matter much if your pavement is pretty smooth. Just tonight, at around 100 miles, I hit my new speed record on it, of 46mph (according to EUCworld app). I really enjoy it for on-road riding. It's too big and heavy for most riders but those of us who have the mass and the muscle can ride it just fine.

I would feel fine suggesting either of those two wheels from my own experience as a 300lb rider newbie. I did learn on the V11 first, which kinda hurt because if you step off hard, the suspension jams the pedal into your leg just above your ankle with a pretty incredible power and can cause quite a bit of bruising and bleeding when you're learning. On my second day, I made a simple pad to wrap around my leg there to protect form that. It was a huge help. But it only took a few hours to be able to ride, and a few more to get the confidence to ride on my town streets (which are basically all 25mph zones), and then a few more hours to start riding on the busier, faster roads.

Just before I grabbed the Monster Pro, I made a small list of the most likely choices based on price, capabilities, and reviews. Basically tied for top pick was the EX30 and Commander Pro (there have been new candidates since then including the Lynx and ET Max). Another top contender was the Sherman Max (if I'm not mistaken, I just saw one on facebook for like $1k, with some kind of simple problem). I got the Monster Pro instead because I got a great deal on it. I'm not at all disappointed. I really enjoy riding both of my wheels, though I think the V11 is going to be my wife's first wheel when I get her to come out and learn to ride.

Hope that helps a little.

• Like 3

16 hours ago, TheBigBore said:

I'm also new, also around 300lbs, and also in Ohio. I bought my first two wheels this winter. I really like them both.

The first was a used V11. I like the suspension and it rides great. I did have a problem that I'm not sure was from being heavy or from being used, or from  being my learning wheel. Basically, the kickstand or the plastic near it was rubbing the wheel on my first long ride and I didn't notice until I got home. It softened the plastic and ruined the kickstand bracket.I removed the kickstand and it no longer rubs so no more problem. Sometimes, partly because of that, I wonder if I'm too heavy for it. But so far, so good.

The second was a used Monster Pro. It's much bigger, much heavier, and has a much bigger battery. No suspension though. That doesn't matter much if your pavement is pretty smooth. Just tonight, at around 100 miles, I hit my new speed record on it, of 46mph (according to EUCworld app). I really enjoy it for on-road riding. It's too big and heavy for most riders but those of us who have the mass and the muscle can ride it just fine.

I would feel fine suggesting either of those two wheels from my own experience as a 300lb rider newbie. I did learn on the V11 first, which kinda hurt because if you step off hard, the suspension jams the pedal into your leg just above your ankle with a pretty incredible power and can cause quite a bit of bruising and bleeding when you're learning. On my second day, I made a simple pad to wrap around my leg there to protect form that. It was a huge help. But it only took a few hours to be able to ride, and a few more to get the confidence to ride on my town streets (which are basically all 25mph zones), and then a few more hours to start riding on the busier, faster roads.

Just before I grabbed the Monster Pro, I made a small list of the most likely choices based on price, capabilities, and reviews. Basically tied for top pick was the EX30 and Commander Pro (there have been new candidates since then including the Lynx and ET Max). Another top contender was the Sherman Max (if I'm not mistaken, I just saw one on facebook for like $1k, with some kind of simple problem). I got the Monster Pro instead because I got a great deal on it. I'm not at all disappointed. I really enjoy riding both of my wheels, though I think the V11 is going to be my wife's first wheel when I get her to come out and learn to ride.

Hope that helps a little.

This helps tremendously thank you, I might pick up a used v11. Alot of ppl have suggested it as a starter for larger riders. Currently I'm the highest bidder on a ks16x for $750. If i lose the bid I have a lightly used v11 in my sights for under $1200. I plan on graduating to a Begode Falcon after this summer (work in food service and security at a local bar so I thrive on tips lol)

5 minutes ago, Steeleyedblue said:

This helps tremendously thank you, I might pick up a used v11. Alot of ppl have suggested it as a starter for larger riders. Currently I'm the highest bidder on a ks16x for $750. If i lose the bid I have a lightly used v11 in my sights for under $1200. I plan on graduating to a Begode Falcon after this summer (work in food service and security at a local bar so I thrive on tips lol)

Falcon will be a step down from V11. In all manner - tire size, power, battery, speed, everything. Can i ask why would you want it, if you would have V11 already? Simply for it's max carry capacity? (We don't know it's real carry capacity yet, as no real info has been shared yet.)

21 minutes ago, Steeleyedblue said:

Oh yeah man, I know how that goes. I am actually on the lookout for a better off-road wheel myself. Been looking at the used market, including the KS16X. I hadn't even noticed the Begode Falcon. It looks like it'll be available with a knobby tire. It may be a suitable first brand new wheel for me. That said, I haven't been around a lot but I hear a lot of complaining about both -- Begode in general, and the first batch of virtually any wheel. So I may rethink that but it looks good at first glance.

11 minutes ago, Funky said:

Falcon will be a step down from V11. In all manner - tire size, power, battery, speed, everything. Can i ask why would you want it, if you would have V11 already? Simply for it's max carry capacity? (We don't know it's real carry capacity yet, as no real info has been shared yet.)

ewheels has some info posted - but I don't know how reliable it is if it hasn't been finalized. The max capacity is nice and, in my case, it looks nice for grass and soft ground with a knobby tire. Or would I be better suited to just get a hybrid tire for my V11 for some reason?

20 minutes ago, TheBigBore said:

ewheels has some info posted - but I don't know how reliable it is if it hasn't been finalized. The max capacity is nice and, in my case, it looks nice for grass and soft ground with a knobby tire. Or would I be better suited to just get a hybrid tire for my V11 for some reason?

Can't say much as i ride 95% asphalt of times. But still use Heidenau K66 tire. (I don't like how slick tires look..) :D 

23 minutes ago, TheBigBore said:

Begode in general, and the first batch of virtually any wheel. So I may rethink that but it looks good at first glance.

They actually have gotten better.. As for first batch wheels, let's just say it's better to wait at least half a year, before buying said "new" wheel. It's safer to buy 3rd batch or so.. Most people who buy first batch wheels find out all the problems really fast. And later they get fixed. 

Starting from breaking motor screws. To slipping motors that tear off wiring altogether. :D I personally will never buy first batch. Worst case wheel catches fire and burns down a house.. Or cut's out mid ride, because of unseen "bug".

Edited by Funky

3 hours ago, Funky said:

Can't say much as i ride 95% asphalt of times. But still use Heidenau K66 tire. (I don't like how slick tires look..) :D 

They actually have gotten better.. As for first batch wheels, let's just say it's better to wait at least half a year, before buying said "new" wheel. It's safer to buy 3rd batch or so.. Most people who buy first batch wheels find out all the problems really fast. And later they get fixed. 

Starting from breaking motor screws. To slipping motors that tear off wiring altogether. :D I personally will never buy first batch. Worst case wheel catches fire and burns down a house.. Or cut's out mid ride, because of unseen "bug".

Yeah, both of my wheels, I bought used and they both have the PIlot Street or whatever. They look fine and ride great, but I don't have anything to compare them to. But not ideal for moist grass or soft ground -- in particular when pumped to 40psi or so and holding 300lbs.

I know there's wisdom in waiting but if I get it new, it's going to be soonish after it comes out because I want to use it for festivals this summer, which start in May or June. I will probably repeat the mantra "It's better to wait for third batch" to try to keep myself form doing it. If there is a problem though, I assume ewheels would make sure it's made right, right? I mean, they can't bring back a burned-down house but they can replace a bad wheel or whatever, I assume.

3 hours ago, Steeleyedblue said:

I just happened to see a V11 for sale in Hillsboro, OH right now for $1100 on facebook. Whereabouts in the state are you? I'm in Carroll County. If you're anywhere nearby or able to take a trip, I'd be happy to let you try mine out sometime.

Edited by TheBigBore

3 hours ago, Funky said:

For the max capacity, if you go to ewheels it lists it as 330lbs. Also idk i think it looks cooler tbh and the quality of parts seems better from what Ive read about Begode

9 minutes ago, TheBigBore said:

Yeah, both of my wheels, I bought used and they both have the PIlot Street or whatever. They look fine and ride great, but I don't have anything to compare them to. But not ideal for moist grass or soft ground -- in particular when pumped to 40psi or so and holding 300lbs.

I know there's wisdom in waiting but if I get it new, it's going to be soonish after it comes out because I want to use it for festivals this summer, which start in May or June. I will probably repeat the mantra "It's better to wait for third batch" to try to keep myself form doing it. If there is a problem though, I assume ewheels would make sure it's made right, right? I mean, they can't bring back a burned-down house but they can replace a bad wheel or whatever, I assume.

I just happened to see a V11 for sale in Hillsboro, OH right now for $1100 on facebook. Whereabouts in the state are you? I'm in Carroll County. If you're anywhere nearby or able to take a trip, I'd be happy to let you try mine out sometime.

Im in Dayton, I haven't been watching FB for them (im terrible at buying used things lol)

1 minute ago, Steeleyedblue said:

Im in Dayton, I haven't been watching FB for them (im terrible at buying used things lol)

Yeah, I was mostly looking at used when I started looking because it seemed like anything new and capable enough was going for closer to $3,000+ and I wasn't prepared for that investment out of the gate. The used market is hard to gauge and I personally wouldn't have bought one I didn't see personally. Thankfully, the ones I grabbed were right up in Cleveland, about an hour or so from me, so I got to see each one in action before I paid. Still not seeing a lot more info on the Falcon (including actual release date) but man, it's tempting from what I do see.

10 minutes ago, TheBigBore said:

Yeah, I was mostly looking at used when I started looking because it seemed like anything new and capable enough was going for closer to $3,000+ and I wasn't prepared for that investment out of the gate. The used market is hard to gauge and I personally wouldn't have bought one I didn't see personally. Thankfully, the ones I grabbed were right up in Cleveland, about an hour or so from me, so I got to see each one in action before I paid. Still not seeing a lot more info on the Falcon (including actual release date) but man, it's tempting from what I do see.

Im super pumped for the falcon, but I'm gonna wait a gen or two before buying. Hey maybe when I get a capable enough EUC we could do a ride together man!

28 minutes ago, BlueCrow said:

Not sure if this seller ships but he's trying to get rid off his V11 for $1200 with 610 miles on it and with a bunch of extras before trying to buy a used wheel from me.

I actually just pulled the trigger and bought it, says it should be shipped to me by the 22nd! Can't wait to put some hours in and learn to ride it!!!! I feel like im gonna be the coolest guy at work when I roll up on it hahaha

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Steeleyedblue said:

I actually just pulled the trigger and bought it, says it should be shipped to me by the 22nd! Can't wait to put some hours in and learn to ride it!!!! I feel like im gonna be the coolest guy at work when I roll up on it hahaha

Whoops. Forgot to add the link. https://www.facebook.com/share/xbJvXK2ETnv83qFr/?mibextid=kL3p88

It's on Facebook marketplace, not eBay.

Oh, well.

Edited by BlueCrow

7 minutes ago, Steeleyedblue said:

Yeah and that one had lots of extras, while yours doesn't even include a charger. Besides a charger of the right voltage (84v), you'll want to get some power pads eventually so you can make the wheel accelerate and brake on command. 

Keep us posted!

ur ride description and weight, i think this would be perfect.

https://www.newegg.com/ninebot-z10/p/03Z-0085-00005

here's one with best offer. probably buy it for $1000. if i lived in an urban environment, this would be my go to wheel. 

u can drop the tire pressure considerably and get shock absorption from the tire. great wheel, u just gotta keep up with the batteries.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/156086878645

Edited by novazeus

Posted (edited)
49 minutes ago, Esash said:

Actually you might want to message the seller and ask if the charger is included. It just might be included I suppose.

Well I have disappointing news. I may have gotten scammed. Seller tried to gouge me for additional money after the sale.

Screenshot_20240415-210357_Chrome.jpg

Edited by Steeleyedblue

Posted (edited)
1 minute ago, OldFartRides said:

Hope you *respectfully* (cough, cough) declined.

Yeah for sure. I said verbatim that I am not comfortable with paying additional cash after a completed sale and that its very inappropriate to offload your "cost" or unforeseen expenses on a customer after the sale. 

Ill keep an eye on things for the next few days and re-evaluate after I get my money deposited back.

Edited by Steeleyedblue