Most ignored and reported users

Hey mods, would you please consider posting a (monthly?) list of

1. the top 3 most ignored users?

2. the top 3 most reported users?

This would be an effective way for the community to better manage itself.

• Haha 1

Also add:

top 3 user's who ignorers others.

top 3 user's who reports others.

So we can see which ones are the biggest Cry Babies. :D For them that would be a reality check.. As they now would know there's something wrong with themselves. Not others..

I can happily say i have never ignore/reported anyone. Because i give zero ducks about some no-face spitting words/names on online forum. :P

But at lass.. It would look like a "attack", "zeroing out", "online bullying" and we can't have that now can we. Snowflakes <3

Edited by Funky
  • Upvote 2

57 minutes ago, litewave said:

This would be an effective way for the community to better manage itself.Call out certain individuals that some people don't agree with like a regime government would in order to push a certain agenda.

FTFY

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

I can easily say i'm one of those.. (At least i like to think i am.) And i'm proud to be one of them. Why? Because i made someone little bit salty over some black/white/colorful words.. :D 

Also if he/she ignored/reported me - it just shows. You lost an online "word war". Or your feelings got hurt by some words.. Grow some, snowflake! :efeeb35c09:

Honestly makes me laugh. Most people like to think that world is White & Black. Right & Wrong. The thing is - in each individual mind they have their own Right/Wrong. As saying goes: Walk a mile in someone else's shoes. And only then judge.

But nah, i don't agree with you, i don't like you - ignored/reported - Bye-Bye. :D If only real world would work like that. That would be dream come true. :efefd8a002:

Edited by Funky
  • Like 1

55 minutes ago, litewave said:

Hey mods, would you please consider posting a (monthly?) list of

1. the top 3 most ignored users?

We as moderators don't habe any access to who is ignored by other members.

55 minutes ago, litewave said:

2. the top 3 most reported users?

Thanks god there are not too many. Reports are seldom and just in coincidence with escalations.

Sometimes such escalations end with the ban of the member, sometimes the members realize what happened and than start to accept the rules of this forum.

Unfortionatly the report system of this forum gives no feedback to the member who reported - just tried this today. The member does not see if any moderator saw this report, is following it or if it was completed :(

Imho we moderators should start sending pm's to reporters in cases the completion is not to be seen publicly. 

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

In one job setting in the past, we gave away a rubber fish every quarter to someone in our work group who did something stupid we could make fun about. The fish had to be prominently displayed on a wall or on their desk. Anyone in the group was eligible to win. We had lots of fun making jokes about the award, and it improved morale and cohesion. It was also an effective tool to help people moderate their actions and words. In another location, it was a toilet seat that was awarded to the distinguished winner. This was too tacky for my taste but was similarly effective.

I am sure that the dev for this site can write a script to calculate the most ignored user(s) and run it as a scheduled task or chron job at the end of the month. I would also filter on the rank of the users-ignoring to tweak the output. As for most reported users, if no one is nominated, that would be positive news for everyone.

As this forum has grown over the past decade, its popularity has been eclipsed by social media. This, along with other changes, could be a fun way to revitalize the community and diversify from the main topics of "I'm a noob please help me decide," "let's drool over the latest and greatest wheel," and "I crashed and am blaming the hardware."

Thank you all for your consideration.

Edited by litewave
  • Haha 1

13 hours ago, Punxatawneyjoe said:

I understand what you are trying to accomplish after reading your post, however i think it doesn't happen often enough to be a statistic.

I agree, this forum is very polite and tolerant relative to many others that I have frequented over the years. It's very refreshing I have to say. Oddly, the FaceAche version is awful, virtually every post turns into a row of some sort which is why I never take much notice of it. It's a shame because amongst the nonsense there is some good info that sometimes doesn't make it onto this one. I'm also surprised how many users aren't on both forums, it's almost like one side doesn't know the other exists, which could be a good thing I guess...

• Like 3

On 1/27/2024 at 1:16 AM, Planemo said:

I agree, this forum is very polite and tolerant relative to many others ....

... most of the time. 

Edited by litewave

3 hours ago, UPONIT said:

FYI:

But alas... It

----------------

Side rant on the dumbest attempted put down term of the 21st century: snowflake.

1. It is useless as a pejorative. While its intent is to deride others as overly fragile and sensitive to criticism, unfortunately it applies to almost every human being, (except sociopaths, who are unable to care about the opinions of others) usually even more so to people who use it a lot. If a word applies to everyone, it loses specificity. You can hurt anyone's feelings with enough knowledge about them. BUT WHY TRY TO DO THAT? See "sociopath" above...

2. Everything depends on a shared set of definitions for the vocabulary of the subject under discussion. Is every criticism "online bullying?" No. Are some things online bullying? Yes. Which are which? There can be no hard and fast universal rule. 

3. "I get to say whatever the hell I want in whatever way I want to say it. Anybody who doesn't like it is a snowflake." People who think like that are usually not a lot of fun at parties.

Did you get little bit.. Emm.. What's the right word? Mad? No, not mad.. Salty? No salty isn't right one also. Oh yes! Triggered. Did you get triggered Snowflake? :D 

My job is done here. Have a wonderful day snowflake. <3

Good thing i don't like parties.. I see them as dumb way to pass time. Also socializing with other people? :barf: No thanks. I would be much happier if everyone would simply disappear. :) 

1 hour ago, Funky said:

Did you get little bit.. Emm.. What's the right word? Mad? No, not mad.. Salty? No salty isn't right one also. Oh yes! Triggered. Did you get triggered Snowflake? :D 

Good thing i don't like parties.. I see them as dumb way to pass time. Also socializing with other people? :barf: No thanks. I would be much happier if everyone would simply disappear. :) 

Did you think this comment made the forum better place for all EUC enthusiasts out there? 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, UniVehje said:

Did you think this comment made the forum better place for all EUC enthusiasts out there? 

Ofc not.. Just having fun. :D Because that one word "snowflake" triggered him so much, that he felt the need to type out that paragraph.

World is full of different people - each having their own sense.. Be humor, political views, ideologies, likes and dislikes, list goes on.. Will you now say to stop being "my self"? 

On 1/29/2024 at 12:42 AM, Funky said:

Triggered? Alas, no.

• Haha 1

On 1/29/2024 at 5:33 AM, UPONIT said:

If a word applies to everyone, it loses specificity.

Very true. On the other hand, a charitable reading of the word "snowflake" would be as characterization of a behavior in a specific context/situation where not everyone behaves identical. The same is true for any pejorative term like idiot, looser, liar...where it is always advisable to interpret the word as pointing out a specific behavior in a specific context and not as a character trait of a person. This general advice remains true even for reading "murderer" or "rapist" (whereas "psychopath" is an actual word for a personal trait or a behavioral pattern). Having said all that, I personally find the "snowflake" characterization pretty pointless too.

• Like 1