2024 New EUCs - V13Pro, V12Pro, E20S, V18, E25, P6

Merkyu Kyu Kyu

34 minutes ago, macgyvercanada said:

The carry handle with integrated lift button is such an underrated feature!  

Yup - that alone steered me away from Falcon. (Spec wise it would have been fine for me - same speed as my 18xl and i don't need big battery.)

But not having handle with integrated lift button, or even same design like A2.. That is deal breaker for me.

I don't wanna break my back leaning down under wheel to turn off motor. Each time i need to lift it over door way, carry it in train and to seat, etc.. :D (I personally need to lift/put down wheel MANY times over daily commute.)

Such amazing wheel ruined for me, because of not having handle and button in right position. Makes me wanna cry. :cry2:

I also need waterproofing.. That alone where selling point for me.

Edited by Funky

17 hours ago, macgyvercanada said:

It's a sad state of affairs that the V11Y is the most attractive option out there for me right now.  The Falcon is interesting but the wheel diameter is too small. 

14- or 16-inch rim with a 2.5" knobby, progressive suspension, 2200 Wh, < 70 lbs.  Can it be done?

The T4 is really close to that.

2 hours ago, onewheelkoregro said:

The T4 is really close to that.

Yeah I did just take another look at it now that you've mentioned it, but 88 lbs. is on the high end of things and I think more than I'm willing to schlep around. 

• Sad 1

5 minutes ago, macgyvercanada said:

Yeah I did just take another look at it now that you've mentioned it, but 88 lbs. is on the high end of things and I think more than I'm willing to schlep around. 

the v11y may be cheaper and may be able to match the top speed of the t4 pro now. But if you live on top of a hill and you go down it on a full charge you risk overcharging it as I believe it is only 84 volts. The t4 on the other is 100 volts, is infinitely easier to work on and the pro version has fixed all the problems of the previous iterations. It is far easier to customize the suspension on the t4 as well versus being stuck with the v11y stock suspension. But it is your money and your unicycle so choose wisely!

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, meepmeepmayer said:

Why wouldn't other similar wheels be mentioned in a discussion about existing EUCs and those that might come?

Dude sounds like a hater anyway. Probably yells at the kids at the playground for using the equipment "inappropriately"

23 hours ago, Hsiang said:

V11 was a great wheel, and I rode the heck out of it. its more ergonomically comfortable, head light is great, I feel like its about 90% of an EUC that anyone would need. I am not sure if I feel the same for the Falcon, it is cheaper and more compact, however its also slower and less stable. if I had to pick one I'll go with the V11Y also.

I still have my V11 and it still impresses me after all the wheels I’ve tried I still like it as a whole package, the small, light, good trolley handle, lights are all good, and it took a heap of beating and still rolls great. 

• Like 1

They are making awesome wheels like V11/12/13/14 and then there's the E20...

Why can't we get something like V11/12/13/14 but in lighter version? ~1000Wh battery, 1500-2000W motor, top speed around 30-35mph. and weight around ~55lbs or less..

Why anything in lighter weight is made for beginners, or like a toy...

Because there are few people interested in this, so we don't make something for three people but better for three thousand. This is commerce. There will always be dreamers. The possibility of waiting for the dream is to order a prototype from the stupid manufacturer who would agree to produce without gaining customers, good luck to those who always hope for the inconceivable. You can pay an independent engineer who is capable of creating a unique copy that will never be marketed, that's still stupid.

5 hours ago, varamontelo said:

Because there are few people interested in this, so we don't make something for three people but better for three thousand. This is commerce. There will always be dreamers. The possibility of waiting for the dream is to order a prototype from the stupid manufacturer who would agree to produce without gaining customers, good luck to those who always hope for the inconceivable. You can pay an independent engineer who is capable of creating a unique copy that will never be marketed, that's still stupid.

"Few".. Countries where speed law is 25kph and pev's aren't allowed on street would say otherwise.

Also people who ride maybe 5 miles a day won't need those big/heavy euc's. Same for people who need to carry their wheel often.

Saying few is stupid. If manufacturers stop making idiotic toys like E20, Mten4, Mten4mini, but actually usable and good wheels. People would buy them. Market is full of 70lbs+ wheels. And 60lbs under almost nothing new.

Sorry, but how do you know that few people are interested in this? I bet most people who owns weaker/slower wheels don't join forums and talk about wheels in first place. They bought it and simply use them. You only hear voice of a hobbyist.. Same on YouTube. Fast and furious is the only way to make a content. No one wants to watch small/weak/slow wheels. But they still are needed for daily users.. We are only getting motorcycle level of eucs. Where are NEW bicycle level eucs??? No where in sight.

By not making anything new in bicycle level - manufacturers will lose those users also. Their only option is to buy 201* year wheel or nothing. By selling only oranges you will lose costumers who wanna buy apples.. (Orange - heavy/powerful wheels. Apples - lightweight wheels.) They need to sell both. To fill any void in market.

One could also argue that by making cheaper, smaller wheels - they would hook new costumers.. And those new costumers over time would buy a bigger more expensive wheel.

• Upvote 1

Looks like InMotion announced that there will be a seat available for the E20 in July. I am now thinking the "S" in the E20S is for a seat. What do you think?

Now if the V18 is a true product it is going to be interesting to see how that fit into the line-up of Inmotion wheels.

That said I have a hard time seeing me swapping out my V14. That orange thingy has grown a lot on me. 

And the cool part is I got an Hyundai Ioniq 5. That has a function called V2L, where I can plug in a EUC charger and pull out 3k watt to charge an EUC 😁

So range isn't that big an issue as I see it. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Unventor said:

Now if the V18 is a true product it is going to be interesting to see how that fit into the line-up of Inmotion wheels.

That said I have a hard time seeing me swapping out my V14. That orange thingy has grown a lot on me. 

And the cool part is I got an Hyundai Ioniq 5. That has a function called V2L, where I can plug in a EUC charger and pull out 3k watt to charge an EUC 😁

So range isn't that big an issue as I see it. 

Have they teased specs on the V18? Or anything else about it? Like tire size? And is inmotion moving away from their air suspension system and going over to rear shocks? The V13 suspension wasn't that bad but I don't think air suspension is that practical for EUCs. It would be nice if they went to an oil suspension similar to EB Commander line up or even mimic Veteran's suspension. Kingsong is already going that route. I believe the internal suspension is superior than rear mounted suspension. Less likely to get damaged in a crash

27 minutes ago, onewheelkoregro said:

Have they teased specs on the V18? Or anything else about it? Like tire size? And is inmotion moving away from their air suspension system and going over to rear shocks? The V13 suspension wasn't that bad but I don't think air suspension is that practical for EUCs. It would be nice if they went to an oil suspension similar to EB Commander line up or even mimic Veteran's suspension. Kingsong is already going that route. I believe the internal suspension is superior than rear mounted suspension. Less likely to get damaged in a crash

The title is a rumor that to some extent have had some models showing up. But not really officially being confirmed.

57 minutes ago, onewheelkoregro said:

It would be nice if they went to an oil suspension similar to EB Commander line up or even mimic Veteran's suspension.

I think you mean coil suspension. The v13 dampers are oil filled , the only difference between a coil over suspension like the v14 and the veteran's is the coil is inside on the Veterans.  All 3 use oil for dampening.

I could be off based, but it almost seems like to me that the manufacturers are waiting for Leaper Kim to release their new wheel first. I would. Leaper Kim got it right so many times. The exception being the F22, but that model is more of a delayed debut. Mind you, I gotta give Kingsong credit for being innovative. Kingsong already has the class-leading linkage design, and they still spend the time and effort to come up with another totally different suspension design.

1 hour ago, Punxatawneyjoe said:

I think you mean coil suspension. The v13 dampers are oil filled , the only difference between a coil over suspension like the v14 and the veteran's is the coil is inside on the Veterans.  All 3 use oil for dampening.

Air suspension implies that an air spring is used, not air is used as the damping fluid.

For euc's, some people are using the term "hydraulic suspension" for euc's that utilizes fork-style hydraulic struts to form the suspension. The slider, spring and damper are contained in a sealed unit in an oil bath.

I suspect by "oil suspension", he was referring to "hydraulic suspension" as the term which is becoming more widely used, to reference a fork-style suspension used in euc's.

Edited by techyiam
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, techyiam said:

I suspect by "oil suspension", he was referring to "hydraulic suspension" as the term which is becoming more widely used, to reference a fork-style suspension used in euc's.

I know what he meant and they are all "Hydraulic"  dampening so the term is misused.   "fork style" would be a better term IMO.

• Like 1

Just now, Punxatawneyjoe said:

I know what he meant and they are all "Hydraulic"  dampening so the term is misused.   "fork style" would be a better term IMO.

But not everyone thinks like you. People still call some suspensions air suspension even though air is not used as the damping fluid. Let face it, hydraulic dampers are the only type being used in motor vehicles. So when people use the term air suspension, we know that air is not used as the damping fluid. So it must be something else, like the springs.

Euc's don't use forks. I rather move on then rely on terminology borrow from older type of motor vehicles.

I think we are going off a tangent from the topic indicated by this thread's title, so I will stop here.

• Like 2

20 hours ago, Punxatawneyjoe said:

I apologize for not being up to date with the correct terminology. I just meant having the suspension inside of the unit is better imo than on the rear of the unit. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

According to the admin comments on the Inmotion Facebook Group, the V18 gonna compete with Leaperkim Lynx, Begode ET Max, and Kingsong F22.  However, Leaperkim is also working on a new wheel that will be considerably more powerful than Lynx. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

11 hours ago, Merkyu Kyu Kyu said:

According to the admin comments on the Inmotion Facebook Group, the V18 gonna compete with Leaperkim Lynx, Begode ET Max, and Kingsong F22.  However, Leaperkim is also working on a new wheel that will be considerably more powerful than Lynx. 

Awesome, hopefully it's 18" (V18"). Having a high performance wheel with smaller wheel diameter will be neato!

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, Frolic0415 said:

Awesome, hopefully it's 18" (V18"). Having a high performance wheel with smaller wheel diameter will be neato!

All these "new" wheels are 18" wheels.... Marketing just makes them 20". Rim still is 14".

I won't lie - it made me laugh when i read the comment wanting another 18" wheel. :D When all of these wheels mostly are 18".

You would want a 16" then, with 12" rim. And marketing making them 18". :D Or did you mean 18" by marketing standards? Then it would be smaller. :D 

Edited by Funky
  • Upvote 1