106 KPH (60+MPH) Set by Elunipyscho

mangorides

53 minutes ago, novazeus said:

my thoughts. we don't stand a chance. one oops, and it's all over.

https://www.wesh.com/article/lake-county-motorcycle-accident/46162985

I'm not sure what the circumstances were, but I do believe this provides a strong case for wearing high vis gear all over the body including lights. Sometimes, drivers can swerve around a body, but usually not at night when the person is wearing all black like some riders do. 

That said, you won't find me on the freeway any time soon.

1 hour ago, InfiniteWheelie said:

Riding an electric wheel on the freeway is basically a death wish.

Well it would be for sure around here. If you are doing 65mph, you are in peoples way and would be honked at. Everyone is traveling at 75/80 mph. people do 60 mph on most back roads.

On 12/23/2023 at 12:14 PM, mangorides said:

What is everyone's thought on this, will it be beaten anytime soon?

I believe this is part of the evolution  of our wheels. When battery tech allows (and hence lighter batteries) we will see an EUC with double redundancy motherboards, battery packs and big range. We will have 2 types; our current traditional naked wheels and new ones with fairings or wind deflectors, or both that will allow us to go at 70-80Mph easily or faster.

Braking might still be an issue though. But at those speeds we can flyyyyyy.... so maybe 100 Mph won't be as impossible as folk think, just the stopping will.

1 hour ago, The Brahan Seer said:

new ones with fairings or wind deflectors, or both that will allow us to go at 70-80Mph easily or faster.

I can't believe any level of fairing short of completely enclosing rider would allow us to stand up on a wheel at 70/80 mph +, although it seems more feasible for seated riding. Standing up, the angle of forward lean to avoid being blown off backwards would have to be pretty extreme I reckon, and would take some intense levels of concentration not to lose control of, which doesn't strike me as much fun for prolonged periods. I guess we haven't really got the roads for it over here so wheels that can do these speeds don't madly excite me, but it's certainly interesting to see how far and fast people who do can push these things and to see just how far manufacturers will go in the quest for 'higher, faster, bigger, better' etc...

Edited by Cerbera
  • Like 2

23 hours ago, Bizra6ot said:

World record *on a production model

This guy reached a speed of 111 kph 104 gps on his Master with a rewinded motor
I don't know the correction to match the gps on the Master Pro but if it's -9% the result is "only" 96 gps

WOW! This guy has titanium balls! If you look at the left side of the screen, his GPS speed was about 104 kph, which is still insane. Looks like the wheels are already faster than absolute majority of the riders will ever need. On the other hand, if the wheel can go 100, you can be much more confident going 80-90, if that is your fetish. 

1 hour ago, Cerbera said:

would allow us to stand up on a wheel at 70/80 mph +

Olympian downhill skiers travel at 80-100 Mph. Not sure if deflectors would be better on the person or on the wheel. Thats something inventors will look into. Some lightweight plastics. Motorcycle riders don't need to be fully enclosed so I don't believe we would need to be. But its something to work out for sure. I agree although it will be easy to hit these fast levels,  It will be hard to maintain and ride at but that is what racing is always about. Its never a leisurely cruise.

On 12/24/2023 at 10:02 PM, The Brahan Seer said:

Here I had some inspiration...

image.jpeg.719f3e1c9521eade06ee2a1830bd22fe.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.171f475964efc5736dfda63e4343f4a5.jpeg

taken from one of these...

image.jpeg.b605382cb47ab86a83d942af1b327663.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.e01ed6cd453a3e0df716ff062adf9603.jpeg

What a joke.  Electric chain drive? Waste of tourqe and power.  The noise is terrible.  No proper seat.  Design by the joker.   OMG !  The best part is 4:13 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Who cares that EUC can go 100km/h... Cars and Motorcycles can go way faster. :rolleyes: Heck Elon Musk's tesla rocket can go way faster.

Euc's should not go that fast in first place.. Ofc there will some (most) who will say the faster - the better. BUT at some point we need to stop with the speed! Thankfully wind will not allow to go that much faster anyways.

Also if one has smooth/perfect straight roads/highways like in those videos - no problem going at that speed or even higher. Only difference/problem is the wind. Heck when bigger/faster euc's will be made, we will see someone going 120km/h pretty soon. Big Wuff..

Edited by Funky

I care, personally. Because I think the technology is still so new and that it's possible people will begin adopting it at greater rates in the future. It's fascinating to see people pushing the limits, as I also enjoy speed but I'm not going for any records myself. That said, hopefully it can be done in a controlled environment that doesn't put other people at risk. 

2 hours ago, Funky said:

Who cares that EUC can go 100km/h... Cars and Motorcycles can go way faster. :rolleyes: Heck Elon Musk's tesla rocket can go way faster.

Euc's should not go that fast in first place.. Ofc there will some (most) who will say the faster - the better. BUT at some point we need to stop with the speed! Thankfully wind will not allow to go that much faster anyways.

Also if one has smooth/perfect straight roads/highways like in those videos - no problem going at that speed or even higher. Only difference/problem is the wind. Heck when bigger/faster euc's will be made, we will see someone going 120km/h pretty soon. Big Wuff..

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Funky said:

Thankfully wind will not allow to go that much faster anyways.

I'm really curios to see how true this is. A lot of people have said that, myself included, but maybe it turns out to be wrong and we can achieve extremely high speeds. It reminds me of hearing that before cars and fast trains, people use to think you'd suffocate above a certain speed (something really slow like 30 km/h).

• Like 1

4 hours ago, InfiniteWheelie said:

I'm really curios to see how true this is. A lot of people have said that, myself included, but maybe it turns out to be wrong and we can achieve extremely high speeds. It reminds me of hearing that before cars and fast trains, people use to think you'd suffocate above a certain speed (something really slow like 30 km/h).

Hey if they invent some kind "locking" mechanism for legs and the rider have enough strength to go against the wind. They can easily go 200km/h or even more. :D 

Some string bean back/legs will be broken at ~150km/h speeds. Body builder with enough strength/power could ride 200km/h++ (Numbers given just as example.)

As we get bigger diameter wheels - we will get more speed. They could easily make/build a 200km/h wheel if they wanted. 24-28" wheel with 10.000Wh battery. Only thing - it will weight around ~200-250lbs. Sure some people would even dream about wheel like that. They could ride whole day without worry. Going what ever speeds they wanted.. But for most "normal" people - we don't need anything close to that powerful.

I personally hate every single new wheel made in last 4 years. Simply for their weight..

Edited by Funky