Charger enhancer for PEV

Forwardnbak

3 hours ago, GPSchile said:

BTW I noticed PIDZOOM is standing at their word in listening to the community. They updated their website with more descriptions etc and more products.

I believe in Bob Yan and know he has committed to this brand to make dedicated EUC gear, he has some good plans.

I have some of the other items on the way and will test them on the channel. 

Bob is great at communication with the community and I like he puts his face to the brand. 

1 hour ago, Forwardnbak said:

Bob is great at communication with the community

On 12/29/2023 at 7:36 AM, Forwardnbak said:

I have asked Bob to come along and chat here to answer questions he said he would come chat soon. 

This would be good so you aren't left here alone to defend/explain a product that makes certain claims about safety. It would be good to hear from the developer about this products claims/uses.

• Like 1

Oh it is good that pizdoom ceo will be here, just wanted to ask this genius man, that on interview said "he  invented unique fingerhorn"?

What else he had also invented except logo engraving on 10$ generic chinese fingerhorn from aliexpress and selling it for 40$ ?

55.jpg

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Bob_Yan said:

You're right. The horn is nothing new, and we never claimed that we invent this horn. 

The existing controller is like a car key, not good for hand free PEV riders. So what we've done is to design a new controller that can be easily worn onto fingers with adjustable band. This is actually why I decided to create this startup, there're lots of accessories out there in the market, which are not designed for the unique use cases of our PEVs. Riders need to try different ways to figure out what can really work for them.  PIDZOOM is a dedicated producer for PEV riders, so lots of times we may not be able to invent things from ground up, instead we may just make some market proven items tailored for our unique use cases. 

I believe you can not find our finger controller anywhere else. 😄 More items coming soon, stay tuned. 

PIDZOOMfingerhorn_remoteonhands.jpg?v=17

He's right -  having tried a hell of a lot of hand-held remotes for all sorts of things, all of which have been angular, uncomfortable, too big and unwieldy and if this solves those, then its a worthy step forward. Only a couple of days ago I was trying a remote for my helmet indicators, which looked like this...

LULUWAremote.thumb.jpg.47f61f0f78febd885e9a8c42c220296e.jpg

...which was designed to be mounted via a thick, stiff rubber strap to handlebars or whatever, but on these gloves it cut off circulation to the finger in question, so I improvised with a thick hair band, and promptly lost the remote at some point in the ensuing ride ! So I am not short on examples why this might be a good idea, and hopefully this provides inspiration for a future layout ! 

It's not obvious in the pic above, but actually the 'finger bell' also isn't mounted very well, also not being designed for this, and the retaining screw fell out ages ago, but friction seems to hold that on OK, in that it hasn't fallen off in some 6 months or so. The free-deforming plastic band there is helpful to get it on and off over big bulky gloves but of course I am aware it must get weaker every time it flexes. There must be a better way ! :)

There's more to think about here than meets the eye I reckon. For example, on a typical EUC rider's glove we might find various remotes, bells and (not whistles!) mirrors and whatnot, and that hand usually has to do some trolleying action, or 'securely-holding-onto-roadside-posts' type things at some point during rides, so if we use rubber straps that is very hard to rotate remote controls and accoutrements around the fingers to the back of the hand, leaving it free to grip stuff, whereas plastic bands, or hair tie type bands make that very easy, at the cost of less overall grip. 

Anyway, glad to see people giving this some thought !

Edited by Cerbera
  • Like 2

12 hours ago, ORDO NOVUS said:

Oh it is good that pizdoom ceo will be here, just wanted to ask this genius man, that on interview said "he  invented unique fingerhorn"?

What else he had also invented except logo engraving on 10$ generic chinese fingerhorn from aliexpress and selling it for 40$ ?

$3.55 here not the same but the remote control is not shaped like a car key , just add a diy finger strap or 3d print a more ergonomic case https://www.aliexpress.us/item/3256806177089587.html

@Bob_Yan I get the idea of adapting products to the PEV market but it's far too expensive, I mean if you'd sold it for $20 why not a few dollars more for the R&D but $40 + shipping :wacko:

Even the charger carrying case is cheaper on amazon than on Pidzoom not to mention aliexpress

13 hours ago, ORDO NOVUS said:

55.jpg

To be fair that is a VERY good alarm, original or not (although I don't think he claims it is!) - I have one myself, and it is very loud and clear.

However, in this country at least, pedestrians don't know what to do with that sound, and don't associate it with moving vehicles in my experience - they mainly look around ( a lot of them at the sky of all places!), confused about where the noise is coming from, and trying to work out what could have made it, so I went back to the less high-tech but more accepted finger bell, where everyone instinctively just moves over to let stuff pass when they hear it. I wish that wasn't the case, but it is.

Edited by Cerbera
  • Like 2
  • Confused 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Cerbera said:

I went back to the less high-tech but more accepted finger bell, where everyone instinctively just moves over to let stuff pass when they hear it. I wish that wasn't the case, but it is.

In accordance with your experience, I think a bell is in most cases a much better notifier for pedestrians than a horn is. In Paris, even trams and buses use bell-like sounds to shoo pedestrians out of the way. It's just so much better.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

49 minutes ago, Mono said:

In accordance with your experience, I think a bell is in most cases a much better notifier for pedestrians than a horn is. In Paris, even trams and buses use bell-like sounds to shoo pedestrians out of the way. It's just so much better.

more than that - button is awfull for finger in glove

5 hours ago, Bob_Yan said:

so lots of times we may not be able to invent things from ground up, instead we may just make some market proven items tailored for our unique use cases

is it about your permanent failcascade with wheels that you had no courage to respond for

or about v14 design theft from begode

or about attempts of reselling bike accessories at 10x price pretending you care about riders?

Edited by ORDO NOVUS
  • Confused 1

3 minutes ago, ORDO NOVUS said:

is it about your permanent failcascade with wheels that you had no courage to respond for or about v14 design theft

Please respect the forum rules and the other members of this forum.

• Upvote 3

On 1/18/2024 at 5:52 AM, Punxatawneyjoe said:

Thank you for coming onto these forums to engage with the forum community. I realize it's not the easiest thing to do. So i and many others appreciate being able to speak to you directly about your products. Some people , including myself can be combative at times and i feel like that is why most business owners and you tube reviewers steer clear of the forums. Being one of the first critics on this thread, i will reserve any future judgement until all the facts are in. I wish you success with you new company and although i have no need for any of your current products, i look forward to seeing what you come up with next to help the community.

Appreciate your understanding.  I'll keep updated. 

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1