14" Suspension

gon2fast

To me it seems like adding suspension to 14" wheel would be a good way to increase weight capacity for smaller EUCs. I weigh 260lbs so riding smaller wheels is an issue, though I own a handful LOL.

I want something that I can bring on the bus/train and still ride comfortably in city terrains. I do not see anything on the market that addresses that currently. Maybe the S16 will fill that void, but I do not want speakers and LEDs... I am a adult. Solid color with adequate lighting is all that is required.

• Upvote 1

i'll add that i love my s18, except for that piece of crap jiluer calls a tire. if i take the time to fit a michelin pilot street 2 on it, it will be great. 57 pounds. i wouldn't want to carry it far but definitely the most portable and a good trolley handle. i see alien has the s22 pro at $2599, at 77 pounds and a short carry, i'd get it over the s18.

idk if lynx at $4200 can be $1600 better than the s22, but i ordered one anyway just so i wouldn't be ignorant of the fastace suspension.(haha, and in the review jack says he doesn't like it as much as say the kingsong).

I do not want speakers and LEDs... I am a adult. 

I get that.  S16 is pretty high on my list of options right now but I def want the ability to turn off or modify the LED pattern... maybe solid red light or something would be a nice safety feature without being obnoxious.  Speakers though... now that I have a Bluetooth speaker in my pack I have really been enjoying having music; it adds some vibe to the ride and helps to alert pedestrians to my presence.  

On 11/11/2023 at 7:51 AM, gon2fast said:

I want something that I can bring on the bus/train and still ride comfortably in city terrains. I do not see anything on the market that addresses that currently. Maybe the S16 will fill that void, but I do not want speakers and LEDs... I am a adult. Solid color with adequate lighting is all that is required.

Same here.. Don't care much about lights as i ride on sidewalks. Also take train daily..

I hate every new wheel that is heavier than 60lbs. I simply have no need of any of these "new" 70lbs++ wheels. And mostly the hate is towards that there isn't any lightweight wheels being released. In past 3 years we have gotten only 2 models (Mten4 and A2.) While some of these new "heavier" wheels have 2-3 versions made of same model! But we - who want lightweight have to choose from ~2018 year wheels.

I'm waiting for something in 45lbs class. Till then i'm not buying anything. Maybe Kingsong S14 will be the chosen one. (Btw i'm 280lbs.)

3 hours ago, eezo said:

Kingsong is supposed to be releasing an S14 at some point.

Yup, there where rumors.. But lately nothing new has been said. I would love S16 type of wheel, but little bit smaller/lighter. I would be happy with 40km/h top speed and 800Wh battery. At 45-50lbs weight. I would love if the wheel had strong axle and real smart BMS and be waterproof. As for price - i don't care about price.

1 hour ago, macgyvercanada said:

Speakers though... now that I have a Bluetooth speaker in my pack I have really been enjoying having music; it adds some vibe to the ride and helps to alert pedestrians to my presence.  

From my experience most people can hear you coming anyways (Tire noise). But that mostly because my city, places where i ride are very quiet..

Edited by Funky

7 minutes ago, gon2fast said:

S18 owners - would you consider the S18 a narrow EUC? I really want something with suspension that can fit under a train seat. 

You can simply place it against train "wall" and sit right next to it.. At least that's how i ride on train. Or when train is empty - i place my wheel right if front my (against the seat that is in front of me.) And place my feet against tire, one feet one side, other - other side. That way wheel doesn't fall over while being turned off.. Sometimes i simply place the euc between my legs while sitting and "hug" it with legs.. :D When train is very full.

I would never place euc sideways.. (As i ride often in rain.)

Edited by Funky

1 hour ago, Murdomeek said:

the A2 with the hou ningning aftermarket suspension mod is exactly what you describe

Are you considering replacing your MCM with an A2? I haven't paid much attention to it and don't remember any mention of the hou ningning suspension mod. Do you have a link?

The MCM5v2 has better specs all around. To me, the A2 is an unattractive Minion wheel; it fails my aesthetics test.

There are reports that the 16" x 3.25" tubeless knobby tire is squirrely and hard to control.

@Marty Backe didn't like riding it and broke his ankle on it, which says a lot since he is such a Begode fanboy.

Edit: I just noticed that the A2 is available from eWheels with a street tire, which might solve some of its issues. 

Edit2: Found @techyiam's post about the aftermarket suspension. 

Edited by litewave
  • Like 1

On 11/15/2023 at 10:19 AM, Funky said:

You can simply place it against train "wall" and sit right next to it.. At least that's how i ride on train. Or when train is empty - i place my wheel right if front my (against the seat that is in front of me.) And place my feet against tire, one feet one side, other - other side. That way wheel doesn't fall over while being turned off.. Sometimes i simply place the euc between my legs while sitting and "hug" it with legs.. :D When train is very full.

I usually sit in a single jump seat that is next to the bicycle parking area on the train. I have found it best to tuck my not so huge wheels under the seat because I can lock the wheel in with my heels. I suppose I could hold the wheel while sitting, but I am generally working on my laptop during the trip so I would have to do one or the other.

A suspended InMotion V8 would do the trick as well... 

train-seat.jpg

Edited by gon2fast
  • Like 1

59 minutes ago, litewave said:

Are you considering replacing your MCM with an A2? I haven't paid much attention to it and don't remember any mention of the hou ningning suspension mod. Do you have a link?

The MCM5v2 has better specs all around. To me, the A2 is an unattractive Minion wheel; it fails my aesthetics test.

There are reports that the 16" x 3.25" tubeless knobby tire is squirrely and hard to control.

@Marty Backe didn't like riding it and broke his ankle on it, which says a lot since he is such a Begode fanboy.

Edit: I just noticed that the A2 is available from eWheels with a street tire, which might solve some of its issues. 

I actually broke my ankle on the street tire version of the A2, which Begode kindly sent me since I complained about the knobby. The street tire is awesome on the A2 if you don't mind breaking your ankle ;)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1