Leaperkim Lynx 2700wh: 151V, 20" tire, suspension, 89lb

RagingGrandpa

41 minutes ago, JZT-Colorado said:

curious, what will you do with THREE Lynx's?  two kids?

this first one is gonna stay with it's perfectly mounted knobby for now, one will probably get the michelin 90/80 city grip 2 and my racing lynx will get the pirelli angel 80/80. 

i think i can win in the over 70 age group, although there's quite a few of us older riders and i'm hoping to convert a bunch of q-tips in florida, i have the pefect location for wheel world!

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, novazeus said:

this first one is gonna stay with it's perfectly mounted knobby for now, one will probably get the michelin 90/80 city grip 2 and my racing lynx will get the pirelli angel 80/80. 

i think i can win in the over 70 age group, although there's quite a few of us older riders and i'm hoping to convert a bunch of q-tips in florida, i have the pefect location for wheel world!

Awesome!

• Thanks 1

my ranch is 325 acres. 

it's easy to find a wheel u dial in on pavement, on moonscape pasture i was beginning to feel like i'd never have that perfect dialed in, gnarly pasture/woods riding, until today.

victory!

• Like 1

now hou is building me backplates for the lynx so i can move the pedals 40mm forward. we are designing it so u can use the beidou drop pedal plate on top of it. 62F60734-8968-4479-BE71-73FF5C0FD08E.thumb.png.0e1b22f9e86ee41875cb6a986a0c359f.png

429ED37A-4CAD-41AA-B8BD-B045AC202B2F.thumb.jpeg.26f2c6364c4e817a5cc70557c72458f3.jpeg

Edited by novazeus
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, novazeus said:

this first one is gonna stay with it's perfectly mounted knobby for now

Thats one of the small things immediately,  thought it was by accident lol, the lynx was the first wheel for me, which came with a perfect true running mounted tire by factory 

• Upvote 1

On 3/5/2024 at 9:18 AM, onkeldanuel said:

Sadly i didnt measure the sag before my changes but i felt subjective to me and also seems to be that the changes in Oilweight and -amount increased my sag also....

On the last posts there were mentioned that riders within similar weight range got 15-18mm of sag on the 70lbs version without preload/comp...(but the 15mm with full slow rebound)

For me its now a little over 23mm with rebound in the middle (180lbs weight)

Edit: i measured again super accurate to be sure and it turnes out to be 23,5 mm sag with 180lbs weight on the 70lbs Suspension, 

So perfect 26% sag 

Regarding the softer and lower amount of oil i used:

Today i changed my tire and was able to check how much suspension travel is used now by the dust residue (did some jumps in the meantime)

It used max 86mm (4mm left), before it was way less (about 70-75mm) with 180lbs weight on the 70lb Suspension,  great

Edited by onkeldanuel
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, novazeus said:

now hou is building me backplates for the lynx so i can move the pedals 40mm forward. we are designing it so u can use the beidou drop pedal plate on top of it. 62F60734-8968-4479-BE71-73FF5C0FD08E.thumb.png.0e1b22f9e86ee41875cb6a986a0c359f.png

429ED37A-4CAD-41AA-B8BD-B045AC202B2F.thumb.jpeg.26f2c6364c4e817a5cc70557c72458f3.jpeg

Thats really great idea, even tho i dismounted the pedaldrops again , for me the pedals got to low then, stock they are perfect imo...i only noticed downsides...paradoxically it got unstable for me with the drops, dont know why but the lynx is perfectly balanced out of the box for me 

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, novazeus said:

now hou is building me backplates for the lynx so i can move the pedals 40mm forward. we are designing it so u can use the beidou drop pedal plate on top of it. 

Why forward? I personally have hard time to break with lynx, having pedals offseted forward would probably make breaking even harder for me personaly. Generally I would like to make my lynx break better, or maybe I just need to ride more than 500 km on it. 

the beidou drop have hole for shock cover - I ordered it myself - not sure how you want to move it forward. I really hope that having pedals lower will solve my comfort problem and I can make lynx my daily driver. Only then I can try play with vesc on s18.

23 hours ago, JackPeri646 said:

Anyone experience this issue during a firmware update? The update reached 100%, but the wheel and app got stuck on the restart phase. The wheel screen Is now stuck showing "UPd 0" and I can't get the app to initiate the update again. 

Any luck ? I can advise only to restart controler by unpluging battery.

I would check If I have latest app and try with diferent phone.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, daniel1234 said:

Why forward? I personally have hard time to break with lynx, having pedals offseted forward would probably make breaking even harder for me personaly. Generally I would like to make my lynx break better, or maybe I just need to ride more than 500 km on it. 

the beidou drop have hole for shock cover - I ordered it myself - not sure how you want to move it forward. I really hope that having pedals lower will solve my comfort problem and I can make lynx my daily driver. Only then I can try play with vesc on s18.

99.97% of my riding from now on will be doing surveillance on my cattle and my 325acres. 

if i only rode on pavement, i wouldn’t waste any money or thought or engineering backplates that allowed the original hangers to shift forward 40mm. but while i was designing it and since i have a black beidou drop hanger coming tmrw, i decided to make this backplate 17mm thick so even beidou’s hanger would clear the round thing.

i agree, i think the pedals are just fine and i have sheets of vicious tape sitting here i probably won’t use. my feet start out in one place, but at the end of an hour ride they have found exactly where they want to be and i like to take a picture with my phone and my mind because foot driving a wheel for me requires precise placement on the pedals, just like a golfers hands placed on a grip. only difference, feet vs hands.

and OMG, what a dream machine for any non-padless wheel driver.

yeah, this is far and away the best wheel ever.

kinda like years ago when calloway came out with their big bertha driver and all of a sudden ur getting outdriven by a guy u routinely outdrive.

so it doesn’t mean my other wheels are trash, but when money is on the line, i’m pulling out my big bertha, and in this case,

if i gotta go to my surveillance rounds(and btw, i love to work so the fun part is seeing my grass growing and my cows healthy and having healthy babies, it’s what i do, mostly to avoid outrageous real estate taxes). if i didn’t have to do this, i would have never started experimenting with wheels in 2017. they definitely weren’t ready for primetime back then, but with the s18, s22, v13 and now, purrfection, the lynx, eucs are at the genesis of their new age/acceptance/exposure!

haha, as far as braking goes, coming around a corner on my path, my two big breeding bulls were chatting and blocking the path, one was a bottle fed baby, the other not too sure of his personality, anyway, i had to slow down but i roll right past the nose of one, so he must have been Baby. 

being able to dig out of uneven terrain and handling is the most imlortant to me. i could care less if it goes 200mph like my corvette did, i’m never gonna get near that, still gonna drive responsibly. too many attys to be an idiot anymore if u don’t want ur wages garnished or worse. same for wheel riders. why i don’t think the govt needs more laws they pick and choose to endorse.

1 hour ago, novazeus said:

99.97% of my riding from now on will be doing surveillance on my cattle and my 325acres. 

if i only rode on pavement, i wouldn’t waste any money or thought or engineering backplates that allowed the original hangers to shift forward 40mm. but while i was designing it and since i have a black beidou drop hanger coming tmrw, i decided to make this backplate 17mm thick so even beidou’s hanger would clear the round thing.

i agree, i think the pedals are just fine and i have sheets of vicious tape sitting here i probably won’t use. my feet start out in one place, but at the end of an hour ride they have found exactly where they want to be and i like to take a picture with my phone and my mind because foot driving a wheel for me requires precise placement on the pedals, just like a golfers hands placed on a grip. only difference, feet vs hands.

and OMG, what a dream machine for any non-padless wheel driver.

yeah, this is far and away the best wheel ever.

kinda like years ago when calloway came out with their big bertha driver and all of a sudden ur getting outdriven by a guy u routinely outdrive.

so it doesn’t mean my other wheels are trash, but when money is on the line, i’m pulling out my big bertha, and in this case,

if i gotta go to my surveillance rounds(and btw, i love to work so the fun part is seeing my grass growing and my cows healthy and having healthy babies, it’s what i do, mostly to avoid outrageous real estate taxes). if i didn’t have to do this, i would have never started experimenting with wheels in 2017. they definitely weren’t ready for primetime back then, but with the s18, s22, v13 and now, purrfection, the lynx, eucs are at the genesis of their new age/acceptance/exposure!

haha, as far as braking goes, coming around a corner on my path, my two big breeding bulls were chatting and blocking the path, one was a bottle fed baby, the other not too sure of his personality, anyway, i had to slow down but i roll right past the nose of one, so he must have been Baby. 

being able to dig out of uneven terrain and handling is the most imlortant to me. i could care less if it goes 200mph like my corvette did, i’m never gonna get near that, still gonna drive responsibly. too many attys to be an idiot anymore if u don’t want ur wages garnished or worse. same for wheel riders. why i don’t think the govt needs more laws they pick and choose to endorse.

quick question:  Why avoid pads?  What's the advantage of riding a Lynx without pads?

One thing that struck me on the Lynx is that the footlocks are taller than on the Patton, i.e. the mechanism for moving them up and down, this makes pad placement a bit more difficult as I would like mine a bit lower but the footlocks are in the way, contemplating different solutions for that.

6 hours ago, JZT-Colorado said:

quick question:  Why avoid pads?  What's the advantage of riding a Lynx without pads?

my legs don't touch the wheel unless i'm bending it in a corner. my legs need to be free as my counterbalance. 

56FC4943-A6AB-42F1-BAD6-FDFCA96FCE35.jpeg.5dc8121ca9a5af468f83691d66a4bf36.jpeg

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Rawnei said:

One thing that struck me on the Lynx is that the footlocks are taller than on the Patton, i.e. the mechanism for moving them up and down, this makes pad placement a bit more difficult as I would like mine a bit lower but the footlocks are in the way, contemplating different solutions for that.

the hulaj.market legs and big pads will go lower that you need...

8 hours ago, Rawnei said:

I may be mis-interpreting what you're saying but in case it helps...

I've taken the stock rubber off mine so I can build a (much) wider pad that won't end up so "thick" I don't have any adjustment.

The stock pedal is hard plastic with a less hard (probably solid tpu) sleeve on it,  pretty much just like the printed addons.    So I've peeled off the TPU.    It should be able to easily put it back if my diy pad solution doesn't work out.image.thumb.jpeg.b7517a0e3d9f5eff5452a2c9e4b713ca.jpeg

Edited by t0me
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, JZT-Colorado said:

that's you??

no, but that's how i ride. legs not gripping the wheel body. all tilting, forwards, backwards, left, right, all magically done with the bottoms of my feet. 

just like in the olden days of 2017 when pads weren't invented.

5 hours ago, joyrider said:

the hulaj.market legs and big pads will go lower that you need...

Maybe you missed it but I'm designing and releasing 3D print designs for free. 😅

4 hours ago, t0me said:

I may be mis-interpreting what you're saying but in case it helps...

I've taken the stock rubber off mine so I can build a (much) wider pad that won't end up so "thick" I don't have any adjustment.

The stock pedal is hard plastic with a less hard (probably solid tpu) sleeve on it,  pretty much just like the printed addons.    So I've peeled off the TPU.    It should be able to easily put it back if my diy pad solution doesn't work out.image.thumb.jpeg.b7517a0e3d9f5eff5452a2c9e4b713ca.jpeg

I mean the part above that goes up towards the pad, it intrudes on the space where you place the pads.

I already have an idea how to fix it.

How big are your feet??? Or do you wear humongous shoes?

My feet are EU Size 46 and I have plenty of room there!

Edited by Rawnei

2 hours ago, Rawnei said:

Maybe you missed it but I'm designing and releasing 3D print designs for free. 😅

I mean the part above that goes up towards the pad, it intrudes on the space where you place the pads.

I already have an idea how to fix it.

How big are your feet??? Or do you wear humongous shoes?

My feet are EU Size 46 and I have plenty of room there!

Lol no my feet aren't big in that direction.    9US,  but 6E (xxx wide).    To cater to my width I've added plates on top of the stock pedals.   By doing so I've adjusted the angle some also - with about 10mm of spacer on the inside.   That's where the extra height's being taken up.
I understand what you're referring to now.     You're doing a sleeve/cover for the lower part that touches the feet right,  not a whole unit replacement?   I saw that someone has printed off alternative bigger ones of the whole piece.   If you can get that file,  let me know (and I you if I do) as I've got plans for that part myself if I can muddle through learning Fusion to get to the stage where I can adapt/remix files.   Even the simplest jobs are proving beyond me so far but I'll learn (I hope).  

4 hours ago, daniel1234 said:

I would love to see Lynx with less battery and weight, or a new lightweight patton.

I hope that's their next wheel. A mini lynx at 30kg to compete with s16 pro, t4 pro and Falcon.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2