New version of EUC world, but...

12 hours ago, Rawnei said:

Guys it's great that you love your phones but that's not what I was asking for. 😅

Personally, I recommend Garmin watches. Especially if you don't want to charge your watch every single night (unless I go for a ride or use the GPS I charge mine every 5-6 days) and you still want a capable watch with a good build quality. You should aim for a model that supports BLE so that you can use it with your EUC. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Blkfri said:

Personally, I recommend Garmin watches. Especially if you don't want to charge your watch every single night (unless I go for a ride or use the GPS I charge mine every 5-6 days) and you still want a capable watch with a good build quality. You should aim for a model that supports BLE so that you can use it with your EUC. 

They have a bunch, which ones specifically? Are they all compatible with EUC World? Is it similar to galaxy watch where you use a companion app or do you have to run EUC World on the watch and connect the watch to the wheel?

1 hour ago, Rawnei said:

They have a bunch, which ones specifically?

Depends on what features you want/need. If you want a cheap model with a 'nice' high resolution screen I suggest the Venu 2 or 3 even the Venu is fine but it's a bit outdated. Usually on the low end models you don't have any map related features, if you absolutely need navigation you should go for one of the Fenix, but usually the screen resolution is limited. Epix has a better screen resolution and supports navigation but it comes with a high price tag.

You have a nice summary here : https://developer.garmin.com/connect-iq/compatible-devices/

Seba released two days ago a Garmin companion similar to the one on galaxy watch (meaning you will need to run EUC world on your phone to get it work). 

The other solution is WheelDash (I feel obligated to mention it as I am the developer of this app :D), the app connects directly to your EUC (currently working for Leaperkim, Begode/Gotway/Extreme Bull, Kingsong, Inmotion support is currently under development) without needing a dedicated app on your phone.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Blkfri said:

Depends on what features you want/need. If you want a cheap model with a 'nice' high resolution screen I suggest the Venu 2 or 3 even the Venu is fine but it's a bit outdated. Usually on the low end models you don't have any map related features, if you absolutely need navigation you should go for one of the Fenix, but usually the screen resolution is limited. Epix has a better screen resolution and supports navigation but it comes with a high price tag.

You have a nice summary here : https://developer.garmin.com/connect-iq/compatible-devices/

Seba released two days ago a Garmin companion similar to the one on galaxy watch (meaning you will need to run EUC world on your phone to get it work). 

The other solution is WheelDash (I feel obligated to mention it as I am the developer of this app :D), the app connects directly to your EUC (currently working for Leaperkim, Begode/Gotway/Extreme Bull, Kingsong, Inmotion support is currently under development) without needing a dedicated app on your phone.

Ok but with these 2 requirements 1) Run EUC World as companion app and 2) Highest battery life, which ones would you pick? 😁

9 minutes ago, Rawnei said:

Ok but with these 2 requirements 1) Run EUC World as companion app and 2) Highest battery life, which ones would you pick? 😁

Cost aside the garmin epix pro gen2 51mm is very nice.  Enduro model has also a great battery life. I would also avoid semi-octogon shaped screen and stick with the traditionnal rounded screen. 

Generally speaking : if you have a high resolution screen and a small diameter watch (around 42mm) you won't have the highest battery life.

This page is a bit outdated but it gives an idea of the battery life of the whole garmin lineup : https://hikeheaven.com/garmin-watches-battery-life/

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Blkfri said:

Cost aside the garmin epix pro gen2 51mm is very nice.  Enduro model has also a great battery life. I would also avoid semi-octogon shaped screen and stick with the traditionnal rounded screen. 

Generally speaking : if you have a high resolution screen and a small diameter watch (around 42mm) you won't have the highest battery life.

This page is a bit outdated but it gives an idea of the battery life of the whole garmin lineup : https://hikeheaven.com/garmin-watches-battery-life/

They just released One UI 5 for Galaxy Watch 5 Pro, will see if battery life improves now in our cold weather, if not I might look into garmin option instead, thanks.

Good news re: Galaxy Watch 5 Pro, just went for a 3h 30m ride in 0c to -1c snowy weather, watch had 70% battery left when I got home, that is good enough for me! 😁

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

My ticwatch pro(wear os) 2018 model still work fine and batery degradtion is around 20% i compesate this manualy just push one button and watch switch to liquid crystal mode(if i no need eucworld info) and when i need info just push(euc shortcut) button again.

Vibration on on max intensity and brigitnes on 80% of max 100% only for summer sunny days. 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
2 hours ago, ava11 said:

You mentioned Garmin watches are great for long battery life and EUC compatibility. Can you recommend a specific model for someone who rides regularly and values durability?

Can you tell us more about yourself? What and how do you ride?

@ava11 as @null said it depends on what's important to you. Like do you absolutely want an AMOLED screen, how long you usually ride, do you need navigation features, do you need specific features (related to the sport you practice, want the highest location precision possible, etc...) ? 

• 1 month later...

Quick question, just noticed that my old CSV log filenames used to be something like 'EUC data 2024-03-24 204211.csv' but now they are simply numbered like 'newcsv1.csv' which obviously isn't much help when you are trying to search for one.

Anyone got any ideas if this is a problem my end or whether it's a change at @Seba's end?

10 hours ago, Planemo said:

Quick question, just noticed that my old CSV log filenames used to be something like 'EUC data 2024-03-24 204211.csv' but now they are simply numbered like 'newcsv1.csv' which obviously isn't much help when you are trying to search for one.

Anyone got any ideas if this is a problem my end or whether it's a change at @Seba's end?

I don't think this is in any way related to EUC World. Rather, it looks to me like a default file name created by some other application. CSV is a standard file format, very many applications use it to save data. Do these files contain EUC World data at all? Where are these files located? In the Downloads/EUC World folder of your phone? Or in some other place?

14 hours ago, Seba said:

Do these files contain EUC World data at all?

Yes, if I click on the filename on EUCW internet app it downloads a CSV and when opening in Excel the data is there.

14 hours ago, Seba said:

Where are these files located? In the Downloads/EUC World folder of your phone? Or in some other place?

Not sure I understand, these files are within the internet EUCW website. Screenshot below:

EDIT: just checked my phone by going to Internal Storage>Download>EUC World and the latest 'newcsv' files are not there, the other dated ones are. I also searched my internal drive for 'newcsv' and there was no return?! So even more confused now!

EDIT2: Ok I just opened both the 'newcsv' logs in Excel and they are both dated back to May 2020! So the last ride I did was indeed the correctly dated 2024-03-24. Where the 2 'newcsv' logs came from I have no idea but because they were at the top of my log list I mistakenly thought they were my latest rides. It doesn't answer the question of where the 2 odd files came from but at least it doesn't seem to be an ongoing issue!

EUCWscreenshot.jpg.e068d8517992f9d1644bdceaf79de798.jpg

Edited by Planemo

On 3/27/2024 at 10:29 PM, Planemo said:

Yes, if I click on the filename on EUCW internet app it downloads a CSV and when opening in Excel the data is there.

Not sure I understand, these files are within the internet EUCW website. Screenshot below:

EDIT: just checked my phone by going to Internal Storage>Download>EUC World and the latest 'newcsv' files are not there, the other dated ones are. I also searched my internal drive for 'newcsv' and there was no return?! So even more confused now!

EDIT2: Ok I just opened both the 'newcsv' logs in Excel and they are both dated back to May 2020! So the last ride I did was indeed the correctly dated 2024-03-24. Where the 2 'newcsv' logs came from I have no idea but because they were at the top of my log list I mistakenly thought they were my latest rides. It doesn't answer the question of where the 2 odd files came from but at least it doesn't seem to be an ongoing issue!

EUCWscreenshot.jpg.e068d8517992f9d1644bdceaf79de798.jpg

Yes, years ago EUC World app worked differently. It uploaded any CSV file that was located in CSV logs folder, including CSV logs that was not originally created by EUC World or was edited to create a tour from original CSV log. I bet this is your case, as there's an icon showing that there's a public tour related to this log.