New version of EUC world, but...

Playing devil's advocate for a second - I liked the wheel beep whenever I changed light state, and (initially at least) missed it a bit now it's gone :)

I appreciate it doesn't matter most of the time, but there are situations where for example you are riding and want your light on whilst already hearing a lengthy report from EUCW, and in that case the voice confirmation of light function is inevitably delayed until end of current message, so it's nice to get the beep for instant confirmation that light is doing what I think it is without looking down to check. Also, and this may seem weird, but I feel comforted if my wheel beeps at me when I ask it to do something - makes me feel it's more 'on my side and willing to help', and inspires confidence that it has done as requested, something that is a long way from a given on Begode machines in particular, and in the knowledge that my spuriously 'touchpad-ready gloves' are distinctly flakey about whether changing light states at a button press has actually worked - because for me, 70% of the time it doesn't !!

To expound on that briefly, I get definite oddness with that light activation. It'll work 90% of the time if I do it whilst stationary, but if I try whilst riding, sometimes it can take up to 10 attempts to work, and I am damned if I can see what I am doing differently whilst in motion !! Perhaps I am not looking properly, and miss the hit area of the screen, or don't hold it long enough...

Edited by Cerbera

3 hours ago, Seba said:

If you have a Samsung phone, it might be that it is configured to use Samsung TTS engine which tends to be problematic. In this case it's best to switch to Google TTS by opening Android settings, navigating to "General management", "Text-to"speech" and setting "Preferred engine" to "Speech Recognition and Sytnhesis from Google" (or "Google TTS" etc.).

It's not a problem with Android 13, but more a problem with system overlay/launcher that usually is phone manufacturer specific. I have three Android 13 phones (Google Pixel 6, Samsung Galaxy A54 (both used specifically for EUCW development) and Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra (my personal phone). All three phones uses the same font face.

No Samsung phone here :-)  But i found the f****** culprit:  "Speech Recognition and Synthesis from Google" Step 1: Delete app cache an data 2: Stop app 3: Disable app 4: Re - enable app and update.  Now it works again.  Not sure what it was, but it all started after Android upgrade from 12 til 13.  There is something odd about this number: 13

:P

Edited by Robse
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Robse said:

There is something odd about this number: 13

:P

And it was Friday the 13th the other day !! And Halloween is coming ! Presumably all this conspires against us in a cumulative sort of way.. :)

Anyway - I'm off for a ride - I'm feeling 'lucky', though of course merely typing that has doomed it if sod's law has anything to say about it ! ;)

Edited by Cerbera
  • Haha 1

On 10/13/2023 at 4:22 PM, Chriull said:

You're welcome!

As it seems you have some own kind of "notification" (which by the way does not work - i got the notification just for you quoting my post) here a short guide:

I got it. Nice!

On 10/15/2023 at 11:23 AM, Seba said:

This is not a function of the wheel, but app. And this function still works properly, I just checked it :)

First, check that your phone does not have multimedia sounds output muted. Next, launch the app and see if you hear the "Welcome on board!" greeting when you launch the app. If not, go to the "Sounds & speech" menu and set the following options:

• "Voice prompts & messages" - enabled
  • "Volume" (in "Speech" section) - 100%
  • "Speech engine" - Google
  • "Welcome message" - enabled
  • "Speech & sounds over BT only" - disabled

If, after making the above changes to the settings and restarting the app, the greeting is audible, we can go to the settings for the so-called "quick actions" - in this case triggered by touching the main screen. Remember - touching another application screen (live data, statistics, etc.) does not trigger quick actions!

Turn on your wheel and connect it to the app. Make sure the bottom bar of the app is green or brown. Then open the app menu and go to "Gauge". Check that the "Light" action is assigned for the "Double tap action" option. Then you can exit the menu and double tap the speedometer on the main screen. A light bulb icon with the caption "Light" should appear for a while, and you should hear "Light is on/Light is flashing/Light is off" from the phone's speaker, depending on the state of the light. If you have a Bluetooth Audio device connected to your phone (such as speakers built into the wheel), make sure it is working properly (is connected, not muted etc.). For troubleshooting  purposes it's however best to use phone speaker so we can rule out BT problems.

Would be wonderful with a "speed trigger" for voice, example what I am asking for:

Voice that triggers at 55kmh (configurable) and then I want to set it to repeat every 5kmh (configurable) and tell me my current speed, so at 55kmh, 60kmh, 65kmh it will tell me my current speed when accelerating or slowing down, it would just need to say the numbers "55", "60", "65", "60", "55".

• Upvote 2

On 10/13/2023 at 10:26 AM, Seba said:

Bargraph and value turns red when safety margin alarm is active (you can configure it in "Alarms" menu), so yes, it already works this way.

I tested the safety margin alarm today using an S22 Pro. The indicator changed color (from blue to red) and there was a beep. Great. I didn't feel tilt back. Some pilots reported that they felt a slight tilt back on the Master. Is there really this difference in behavior between models? Or between brands? I have the paid version of the App and it works perfectly on the S22 Pro. However, two pilots noticed that the function does not appear on the InMotion V12. Is it also available in the free version of EUC? Thanks again for this important feature.

Edited by JPAndrade

On 10/23/2023 at 2:43 PM, skunkmonkey said:

quad lock arm band.

What's one of them then ? I have a simple velcro 'joggers' armband for my phone which holds it rigid as you like and that cost me about a tenner !

11 hours ago, JPAndrade said:

I tested the safety margin alarm today using an S22 Pro. The indicator changed color (from blue to red) and there was a beep. Great. I didn't feel tilt back. Some pilots reported that they felt a slight tilt back on the Master. Is there really this difference in behavior between models? Or between brands? Grateful!

Doesn't really belong to this thread, but S22 tiltback is based on speed not safety margin, that is why.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Rawnei said:

Doesn't really belong to this thread, but S22 tiltback is based on speed not safety margin, that is why.

Thanks!  Do you know if any model has tilt back when the safety margin is reached? Or are there always just beeps and a color change on the screen? Unfortunately my Master is under repair. I have no way of testing it at the moment.

3 hours ago, JPAndrade said:

Thanks!  Do you know if any model has tilt back when the safety margin is reached? Or are there always just beeps and a color change on the screen? Unfortunately my Master is under repair. I have no way of testing it at the moment.

Master with custom firmware has PWM tiltback, I think Begode finally implemented their own version but I sold my Master so can not confirm, I think most modern Begode wheels have it now also the Patton.

Edited by Rawnei
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, Cerbera said:

What's one of them then ? I have a simple velcro 'joggers' armband for my phone which holds it rigid as you like and that cost me about a tenner !

https://www.quadlockcase.com/collections/shop-run?utm_source=google&campaign_id=19673594103&ad_id=&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=PMax+|+US+|+All+Products&utm_content=&utm_term=&gclid=Cj0KCQjwqP2pBhDMARIsAJQ0CzqdLkP0X4knuFuAcE5wW1Mv88idFsNtRkTABfv-FVsydJREhC2n8CUaAoOxEALw_wcB

Quad locks require both a specialized case and a specialized mount, but they hold the phone very securely, and they facilitate rapid hooking / unhooking of the phone. They are great, and I've got them in my car, and on my scooter, but I don't yet have an arm band for when I'm on my EUC. I get paid in a couple of days, so I'll get one then.

The way that my wife and I have avoided financial fights is by having a family account, and then each of us have a personal account. Everything we earn goes into the family account, and each month we issue a small allowance to each of our personal accounts. We can spend the personal money on whatever we want, no questions asked, but the family account is untouchable. We use it to pay bills, save for retirement, etc. I'm a bit of a spend thrift, so I tend to blow through my personal money pretty quick lol. Fortunately my wife has a good head on her shoulders, and this arrangement has kept me from blowing through our family funds as well.

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, JPAndrade said:

Or are there always just beeps and a color change on the screen?

Color change on the screen is a EUC World feature. When you set safety margin alarm at certain threshold (in "Alarms" settings), safety margin bar and value will get red when the alarm is active (safety margin at or below alarm threshold). Same applies to speed, temperature, over/undervoltage etc.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
6 hours ago, JPAndrade said:

Hi, @Seba

I use EUC app Version 1.0.6 on a Galaxy Watch 3. However, the Safety Margin still doesn't appear on it, in blue. I know that it is now possible to see it on TicWatch.

Please, is there anything I can do to make it appear on the Galaxy Watch 3?

Unfortunately no :( Samsung has switched to Wear OS. As a result, they abandoned further development of Tizen OS and closed Galaxy store.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Seba said:

Unfortunately no :( Samsung has switched to Wear OS. As a result, they abandoned further development of Tizen OS and closed Galaxy store.

Thank you, Seba. I saw in the FAQs on your website that the Galaxy Watch 3 and Galaxy Watch 4 are compatible with the EUC World App. On Watch 3, however, you will not be able to see the Safety Margin, as you cannot download the EUC using the Play Store. I know that on the Galaxy Watch 4 it is possible to see the Safety Margin. The Galaxy Watch 5 and Galaxy Watch 6 are not even compatible with the EUC, or perhaps you haven't updated on the website yet? If 5 and 6 are compatible, is it possible to see the Margin of Safety in these two models? Thanks!

21 hours ago, JPAndrade said:

Thank you, Seba. I saw in the FAQs on your website that the Galaxy Watch 3 and Galaxy Watch 4 are compatible with the EUC World App. On Watch 3, however, you will not be able to see the Safety Margin, as you cannot download the EUC using the Play Store. I know that on the Galaxy Watch 4 it is possible to see the Safety Margin. The Galaxy Watch 5 and Galaxy Watch 6 are not even compatible with the EUC, or perhaps you haven't updated on the website yet? If 5 and 6 are compatible, is it possible to see the Margin of Safety in these two models? Thanks!

Basically all Wear OS based smartwatches are compatible. I only listed older Samsung watches, but all new watches are supported too. Recently also Garmin support has been added, so you may consider this watch.

• Like 1

What's the best companion smart watch nowadays in terms of battery capacity/runtime?

I have a Galaxy Watch 5 Pro which is decent but not great during winter.

If Ticwris MAX had better GPS signal it would be awesome but unfortunately the GPS on those type of watches suck not to mention dated android versions.

1 hour ago, Rawnei said:

What's the best companion smart watch nowadays in terms of battery capacity/runtime?

Motorola Razr+ is the best I have been using after trying all the other ones including Ticwris MAX. Razr+ battery last all day and beyond, big screen for viewing, can be used as a phone. wore on your wrist. great bluetooth connections. Highly and strongly recommended! All the others are whimpy!!!

46 minutes ago, Scubadragonsan said:

Motorola Razr+ is the best I have been using after trying all the other ones including Ticwris MAX. Razr+ battery last all day and beyond, big screen for viewing, can be used as a phone. wore on your wrist. great bluetooth connections. Highly and strongly recommended! All the others are whimpy!!!

That's a phone though... quite expensive for the use case plus a bit too big.

Guys it's great that you love your phones but that's not what I was asking for. 😅

1 hour ago, Robse said:

I don't understand the watch thing, because:

Annotation 2023-11-23 201353.jpg

Btw, a Motorola Razr is about $ 1000,- in Denmark ...  when it's on sale and cheap

I have something similar for longer tours where I would need to navigate, a watch just to show battery, speed and PWM at a quick glance very handy otherwise.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Rawnei said:

Guys it's great that you love your phones but that's not what I was asking for. 😅

I have something similar for longer tours where I would need to navigate, a watch just to show battery, speed and PWM at a quick glance very handy otherwise.

Please remember that there are a few or more of us who are a bit older (and white-haired and therefore wiser) and therefore no longer possess the best vision at short distances. Therefore, it is always welcome to have a display (on a phone) of a decent size :P

• Like 1