Kingsong S16 coming...

Mango

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Magovec said:

Could you please elaborate what do you mean by "planks"? I will check mine wheel, but do not know where to look at ;)

The thing that holds all small wheels - suspension.. (The sliders..) Those "planks" where loose. :D (I guess the center screws around axle is the "loose" part? Maybe the rollers themselves where loose, if they got screws?)

image.jpeg.eee5641991c96c4dee4a173c09eac

Edited by Funky

Posted (edited)

Aha! I would need to disassemble it to check it out. I will not do it now because I do not want to mess with it if not necessary and currently I have no squeaks but good to know that this should be checked in the future.

Edited by Magovec

Posted (edited)

Some rollers are already removed.

"Slider" is the whole mechanism with slots in the wheel. On video it's pretty easy to understand what was loose:)

Edited by padluka
  • Like 3

5 minutes ago, padluka said:

"Slider" is the whole mechanism with slots in the wheel. On video it's pretty easy to understand what was loose:)

On my S22, I deliberately had those screws slightly loose so that better alignment can be obtained, in order to minimize stiction.

I used proper thread locker to ensure those screws don't get undone on its own.

The problem lies with the design. There is no provisions in the slider design to have the four tracks perfectly aligned and tightened.

Posted (edited)
18 hours ago, eucandoit said:

2.46 beta released. Fix the max speed from 50 to 60 kmph on the official KingSong app. 

This is a strange bug, because I also noticed that the app shows the 50 limit on the main screen but it was possible to set the pedals tilt back above 50 kph and also it was normally possible to ride above 50 kph. So this fix is probably only in the app GUI...

Edited by Magovec

While driving on asphalt today, the tire deflated very quickly. The tire itself is intact, but it deflates rapidly at the junction of the valve and the rim. I think I'll have to return it to the store under warranty.

20 hours ago, Serg3y said:

While driving on asphalt today, the tire deflated very quickly. The tire itself is intact, but it deflates rapidly at the junction of the valve and the rim. I think I'll have to return it to the store under warranty.

Torn valve stem?

7 hours ago, kreed said:

Adding 3oz of Slime (tube repair fluid) fixed that for me.

If the valve stem is torn.. Slime wont fix that. :D 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, onewheelkoregro said:

Armor-dilloz.com will fix it. As long as it is not completely separated 

Even half torn off? Stem literally dangling.. It wont fix that. Especially if one needs to "pray" their valve stem one way, or another to pump up the tire.

• Like 1

On 6/1/2024 at 12:33 PM, Serg3y said:

While driving on asphalt today, the tire deflated very quickly. The tire itself is intact, but it deflates rapidly at the junction of the valve and the rim.

What pressure do you run?

22 hours ago, Funky said:

Torn valve stem?

If the valve stem is torn.. Slime wont fix that. :D 

The leak was at the stem, but I guess it was small enough the slime took care of it. 

• Like 2

21 hours ago, padluka said:

What pressure do you run?

The tire pressure was quite low, I think less than 2 atmospheres. tried pouring sealant into the tire, but it didn't help...

I do not have S22 to check it but I have EU 44 shoes size and for me the S16 pedals are just ok. If you have bigger size then yes, the pedals will be small for you.

14 hours ago, Serg3y said:

The tire pressure was quite low, I think less than 2 atmospheres. tried pouring sealant into the tire, but it didn't help...

If you torn off the valve - sealant won't help.

Do not run such low pressures. You will eventually torn the valve off the tube:)

Run at least 2 bar(atm, 30psi), if you are heavy - more.
I currently run 3.5(50psi) with my weight.

19 hours ago, Serg3y said:

Yeah I got lucky with my leak, not too big. I was at 25psi now I run it at 35psi.

7 hours ago, padluka said:

Do not run such low pressures. You will eventually torn the valve off the tube:)

I didn't know that. For the past five years, I've been riding a Gotway MSX with a tube tire, and everything was fine. At the moment, I had to send it to the service center.

9 hours ago, padluka said:

I'm 280lbs and ride 30psi.. 50psi is crazy high. How do you like your "rock" solid tire?

20 hours ago, Funky said:

I'm 280lbs and ride 30psi.. 50psi is crazy high. How do you like your "rock" solid tire?

Don't you think that we have different tires?:)

Do not have any issues with it. It makes tire not so flat. Also no issues with drops.
Pretty much anyone in our S16 chat rides it with pretty high pressure.

Posted (edited)
14 minutes ago, padluka said:

Don't you think that we have different tires?:)

Do not have any issues with it. It makes tire not so flat. Also no issues with drops.
Pretty much anyone in our S16 chat rides it with pretty high pressure.

Different tires makes no difference. :D Psi will be the same. (Sure softer, harder rubber, profile, etc.. But still minor differences.)

Even when i rode that flimsy CST-1488 and now M/C K66 tire - no difference, same psi.

Yeah having suspension and drops, there won't be big difference. Where riding non-suspension at something like 35psi vs 50psi is day and night difference.

Each like their own psi. Some like to ride lower to get extra smooth ride. Some like to ride solid as rock and feel all the bumps. :D 

Edited by Funky