Stolen EUC database

Has someone stolen the EUC database?? Damn!! :P

Seriously though, haven’t seen one. Locally so far the few stolen wheels have only been discussed in local WhatsApp groups and such.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

9 minutes ago, winterwheel said:

I had one stolen a few weeks ago. It was an older begode wheel so I'm watching the news looking for reports of unexpected house fires. Then I'll know where to look for its charred remains.:)

My condolences, but nice that you seem light hearted about it all ! - may I ask,  under what circumstances was it nicked ?

• Like 1

I like the air tag idea. We could go FBI style on them and set up a theft situation, then follow them around and see what they do with it. Even if the stolen EUC just sit's in the thiefs closet, we can still make a documentary about the thief until he finally sells it, or learns to ride it. Make a documentary about it, and eventually interact with the new owner of the stolen EUC, probably somebody who bought cheap. Instead of "bicycle thief" it would be "EUC Thief" It would go viral for sure ;-) The movie and the experience would be more fun than riding the EUC anyway, most of us have an extra electric unicycle about. We could ride our unicycles around the thief and watch him squirm, lol.

Edited by earthtwin
more ideas
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

My wheel was dropped at my house on Tuesday. I put my AirTag on it this morning before heading out.

I purchased these on Amazon. Not expensive, feel solid. It/they come with adhesive but I used Velcro.

2 Pack Waterproof AirTag Holder,Hidden Design Apple Air Tag Case Mount with 3M Adhesive Sticker,Discreet Airtag Sticker Mount…

https://a.co/d/9Lc1JEN

IMG_6886.jpeg

Edited by TheNotoriousEUC
  • Like 3

• 1 month later...

My Veteran Sherman-S was taken from the intersection of Palomar St & Fredrick St in Wildomar, CA. Its battery was dead at the time.

I'm thinking sticking an airtag or some kind of tracking in my wheels in the future.

• Like 1
  • Sad 5

19 hours ago, Uno Solo said:

My Veteran Sherman-S was taken from the intersection of Palomar St & Fredrick St in Wildomar, CA. Its battery was dead at the time.

I'm thinking sticking an airtag or some kind of tracking in my wheels in the future.

Post your serial number here!

On 7/23/2023 at 1:23 PM, unicycle bunny said:

Post your serial number here!

Veteran Sherman-S

Motor code: 23010697

Serial number: LKDB14065 M (also LKDB14065M)

Sherman-S_Serial#s.jpg

Edited by Uno Solo
Added serial number with no spaces
  • Like 1

Too bad you couldn't track it. Could they put some kind of module in our wheels to broadcast its location to euc world so that if you log in you can find it location when the wheel is turned on?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, goatman said:

Too bad you couldn't track it. Could they put some kind of module in our wheels to broadcast its location to euc world so that if you log in you can find it location when the wheel is turned on?

Can only imagine just how silent politicians would be when they learn there is tracking installed on Chinese made wheels. 🤪

I like the idea in theory but that kind of attention wouldn’t be fun.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/8/2023 at 7:55 AM, earthtwin said:

I like the air tag idea. We could go FBI style on them and set up a theft situation, then follow them around and see what they do with it. Even if the stolen EUC just sit's in the thiefs closet, we can still make a documentary about the thief until he finally sells it, or learns to ride it. Make a documentary about it, and eventually interact with the new owner of the stolen EUC, probably somebody who bought cheap. Instead of "bicycle thief" it would be "EUC Thief" It would go viral for sure ;-) The movie and the experience would be more fun than riding the EUC anyway, most of us have an extra electric unicycle about. We could ride our unicycles around the thief and watch him squirm, lol.

Contact the local police about the location.

On 6/22/2023 at 6:57 PM, winterwheel said:

We've had our second theft

In this case some dudes brazenly hopped out of a truck at an intersection, roughed up the rider, tossed his Master Pro into the truck and drove away.

I'd call this robbery.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

• 6 months later...

I lost my KS16X a couple of days ago. Someone got into the courtyard (through locked gates), got on to the back patio of my unit and nicked the wheel and charger, I kept it outdoors while charging usually. It was not visible unless you would be on the patio, so I suspect someone had an eye on it for some time.

Serial: KS16X2B201121F017
Bluetooth address: 64:69:4E:71:29:B2
Mileage: around 3000 km
Bluetooth name: KS-16X4513

It has Inmotion v12 pads on it and the stock side padding is separating a bit.
There is also a volume knob for the beeper mounted in front of the handle.

• Sad 2

1 hour ago, Pickelhaupt said:

I lost my KS16X a couple of days ago. Someone got into the courtyard (through locked gates), got on to the back patio of my unit and nicked the wheel and charger, I kept it outdoors while charging usually. It was not visible unless you would be on the patio, so I suspect someone had an eye on it for some time.

Dark. Sorry to hear it dude. I would setup a google alert on the term KS16S +your locality - might give you a chance of being notified where / when it goes on sale.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Pickelhaupt said:

Some years ago Kingsong remotely bricked Chinese market wheels sold internationally.  I guess if you contact them they can make it unusable to the thief but of course that doesn't get your wheel back and may lead to it being trashed. 

16 minutes ago, DavidB said:

Some years ago Kingsong remotely bricked Chinese market wheels sold internationally.  I guess if you contact them they can make it unusable to the thief but of course that doesn't get your wheel back and may lead to it being trashed. 

Immediately a good idea, but still not. If only KS has a little sense, then of course they will not offer to block a wheel on a "customer's" request. If it were to be done correctly, the customer should be able to prove that the wheel is stolen and not just sold to a person who forgot to pay... or something similar, someone you got mad at.  It doesn't work at all.   Furthermore, I don't think that KS should try to block wheels again if they want to remain as a worthy supplier in the market....

7 hours ago, DavidB said:

Besides the problems already stated, It would have to be connected to the KS app for that to happen.  Not likely to happen while the thief has it.

Some(all? most?) wheels can have a password set.  This would be a pain in the ass, but if you were in a high crime area, might be worth doing.

It also helps if we are careful to not buy used wheels that have a price that is too good to be true.  Or don't come with the stock charger or box.

If word gets out that they have no re-sale value, it will reduce the incentive to steal them.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 1 month later...

Maybe the euc applications like euc world or the manufacture apps of each brand would have a section where you could advise them if your wheel was stolen. If the thief stole it would use the app the wheel would get lock out .

Also buyers of used euc could ask the seller for the serial number and check if it's stolen. 

I would not buy a used euc without seeing the orignal purchase document .

When I sold mine I had the document and give it to the person so if they resell it they can prove it did not fall off a truck .

• Like 3