Inmotion V14 Adventure: a new trail wheel from Inmotion

techyiam

It is not uncommon for the producer to use the old models firmware for a new model. Just as they use the same hardware/controller. 

I was just thinking about all the Hall sensors thing, is it better to have double redundancy or opt for software redundancy? I mean what if a chunk of magnet flakes off inside the motor at high speeds and breaks both Hall sensors, what then? While if you have software redundancy then no matter what happens inside the motor you will be ok (maybe the best solution would be to have both double physical redundancy and software one, for me safety would be number one on the list on a thing that has only one wheel 😬). It would be interesting to find out what it your opinion on this.

I mean, let’s think of a scenario where you are riding a wheel that has only software Hall sensor redundancy and you are riding through the woods in a remote area, like Marty does, for example. The Hall sensor fails but the software saves you from a crush (check out Jack/Electric Dreams test of the Lynx) but then you are in the middle of nowhere, by foot, trying to get back home. That is not a nice scenario, nor is it safe. So a physical double Hall sensor makes sense even when you have the luxury of having a software one on top. 

My Ninebot Z10 has Hall sensor redundancy, yet this Inmotion Adventure doesn't and it costs nearly 3X more. I am so disappointed about how Inmotion is failing to produce safe wheels that work. I am cringing when I watch Marty taking apart this $3500 wheel because his main board failed after only 100km. Nobody has even answered my question about what a normal customer would have to do. Marty can work on wheels because he has the shop and the expertise, but if I bought the V14 and my main board failed, then I would be faced with doing the repair job myself. That's just horrible.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, earthtwin said:

My Ninebot Z10 has Hall sensor redundancy, yet this Inmotion Adventure doesn't and it costs nearly 3X more. I am so disappointed about how Inmotion is failing to produce safe wheels that work. I am cringing when I watch Marty taking apart this $3500 wheel because his main board failed after only 100km. Nobody has even answered my question about what a normal customer would have to do. Marty can work on wheels because he has the shop and the expertise, but if I bought the V14 and my main board failed, then I would be faced with doing the repair job myself. That's just horrible.

Hopefully this helps: Marty's experience is not typical. He is an outlier. He tests dozens of EUCs. Many of them early or pre-production versions. He rides a zillion more miles than most. That almost guarantees he is going to experience more flaws and errors than the typical buyer. The manufacturers don't publish data, so we don't know exact numbers. But if the percentage of major flaws were high enough, the industry would die quickly. Remember: a person is many times more likely to post about complaints than compliments.

About repairs... if your main board failed, you would have to ship it back to the dealer or manufacturer. That does suck. But it is the nature of this being such a niche market. There aren't thousands of service stations (or bike shops, or appliance repair shops, etc.) to do the work for you. But if you buy one of the latest InMotion (or maybe other) wheels and are at all able to follow mechanical instructions, you can do the work yourself. Helping you do that, giving advice and cheering you on, are some of the things this forum is so great at!

The situation may be horrible, but it isn't fixable until the number of EUC enthusiasts grows by an enormous number. 

Good luck! 

PS - I'm gonna guess that pretty much any current EUC will be infinitely more enjoyable than the wheel you have now?

PPS - My experience is also just a single anecdotal data point. But... I have purchased 4 wheels and only one has had a failed component. It was a faulty charging board and it took 20 minutes to repair. It couldn't have been simpler. 

Edited by UPONIT
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, earthtwin said:

the modern euc, at least my modern euc's, have a huge debt to pay to 9bot. they were the first to produce a wheel with a tire actually rated to carry the weight of the wheel and more than an 100 pound rider. this is just indisputable history because i think i effected it in 2017.:

i called 9bot headquarters in 2017 inquiring about the load capacity of their tire on the 9bots2, because the tire had no sidewall markings, and from a litigious point of view, how could they sell such a product in the usa with all our ambulance chasing attys. they were gone in a month. suspended usa operations with wheels. came back with a 460 pound capacity tire on the z10, if my memory is correct.

this is from my king song 16s and 18s. if these were adequate tires, why aren't they still using them? thankfully mostly all manufacturers followed 9bot, whose fit and finish and overall quality sb goals of all of the wheel manufacturers. if 9bot made a suspension wheel. it probably be stunning.

so yeah, do the math, and forum moderators and "experts" were telling noobs to run the tires deflated to make learning easier, except when wheels got faster, they never inflated their tires and had many many wobble induced crashes. 

i've been talking to inmotion about future plans, and yes, service centers are in the works. i plan on building one here and maybe a jump track and racetrack. u have to have riders to support these services, and i'm like u, at this stage of my life, i didn't want to be a hobbyist anymore, haha, but here i am in this novelty blossoming world of wheels. kinda like rc helis in 1999.

plus, might be a requirement in my mpud zoning to build a neighborhood park, so why not jam the world of euc's in the govt face with the future of pev's, and build stuff here that i like. my place.

to get riders on wheels, there needs to be an inmotion v13 and leaperkim lynx stable here. think like a horse stable where children and adults can come learn how to ride without getting hurt. i plan on doing training on golf course type turf, rough height, nice and fluffy. wheels all padded up. my first pupils will be two gfs, both about 34 now, 4'10" and about 100 pounds. if euc girl can ride her euc effortlessly i know my athletic girls can. one was state champion acrobatics. 

i know marketing, and if i get these two on v13's cruising this super regional shopping center next door, and the interested parties can make an appt and go next door to the "wheel ranch"TM, and learn all about it and demo rides for free, 

haha, they won't be able to keep up with demand. i have to work out stuff with my attorneys on liability and shit. i'm very litigious shy because i despise attys even though they are my best friends, haha.

be patient, it's coming, idk about gotway/begode, king song, or others, but inmotion does want to move more into that inperson merchandising/service/marketing.

i see where they are at a big show in italy, ha, if they were next door, they would be swamped. forget these trade shows, get hot, intelligent, fit, women riding around a super regional shopping center. men love attractive fit women, women love attractive fit women, maybe for other reasons. i see these as being super fitness tools for mind and body!

i trust inmotion will figure it out. i'm impressed with their attitude and vision. the v14 will be great  and i'm sure i'll get one sooner or later. trying to make space. 3rd v13 arriving soon. i'm on a mission that involves wheels and walkable communities or mini cities. multifamily and parks and multiuse paths everywhere, so i can go everywhere without interacting with cars and trucks. goes the same for wildlife that is always overlooked. 

D9ABA859-4F4E-45E1-B5B7-93834C9C7509.png.2218ec36911412620c3ab855ad3b56ea.png47426DCE-0FF8-4C55-920A-5BD8E69FDFF1.png.9188e83917524bb7a94f59e1e220e63b.png

515EF799-84C7-422E-8329-99BF780BC242.png

• Like 1

On 11/7/2023 at 7:30 AM, Unventor said:

Some might have posted this before but I might have missed it. 

It is possible to add English CC. 

I wamere tired watching this but it seems to have a fair bit of details on ride sensation and quality evaluation. 

But the CC text was a bit too fast for me to catch all details on first view. 

It kept my interest triggered despite @mtl I am on your page on a street/computer biased V14 version.

I am 7nlikely to do anything as I. Ordering right now but in spring things might look different and early iteration fixes should be in place if launch is like any major EUC launches the past few years from any brands. 

I've ordered my v14 from these guys. Didn't know they have a youtube channel. Are they affiliated with ewheels.com ?

A little hard to see videos popping up all over the Adventure, when I'm supposed to receive it in February, and I pre-ordered it in September, the first day of pre-orders...
Well, you have to look on the bright side, I imagine I will have the S50 cells.

I believe that Denis sells both Inmotion and Leaperkim, but who knows what his margins are on one vs the other. Jack of Electric Dreams ranked the Adventure over the Patton for acceleration, so there’s one opinion.

For those that didn't watch Denis’ whole review, my take is that he states that the Patton has a significant advantage in starting torque, controllability, crashability, predictability, high speed stability, and comfort. The Adventure, in his opinion, has a significant advantage in suspension performance on big drops, jumps, and he predicts that the suspension will endure repeated big hits better than the Patton. 

It’s apples vs oranges, with the decision depending on your use case. With myself being a rider that mostly rides tech-ey trails with lots of tricky climbs, I’m feeling pretty good about the Patton after watching that, but I’m interested in hearing more riders’ opinions. 

Edited by stizl
  • Like 3

Here is a lighter guy praising inmotion for torque. He actually says that Adventure has more torque than Patton. He doesn't really say on which speed does he feel it has more torque, so it is possible that he is referring to higher speeds and that doesn't contradict to what Denis was saying. 

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

On 11/19/2023 at 7:22 PM, Ro.man said:

Here is a lighter guy praising inmotion for torque

We will see when i get one. I just want to be able to do burn outs from a dead stop...:D The suspension looks stiff, IDK if an adjustment would help it but it's small bump compliance doesn't look that great. Maybe a different/softer spring/shock would help.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Punxatawneyjoe said:

When you mention the veteran lynxx 3 times  in the first minute and 10 seconds of the video, you might be biased.

I'm kind of thinking they might have had it in Comfort mode, which is less responsive in the low end from what I've seen in other videos. In other videos, people say that if you put it in Sport mode it really rips. It will be interesting to see what actual riders that use it on a daily basis, and experiment with different modes think.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Punxatawneyjoe said:

When you mention the veteran lynxx 3 times  in the first minute and 10 seconds of the video, you might be biased.

Also, the last two riders didn't sound like "first impressions." They sounded like "final decisions." LIke "I wouldn't buy it," etc.

If it's a first impression, have you really ridden/adjusted/experimented enough to rank it already? Or did you just get on a new wheel for 5 minutes and ride around without adapting. For instance, those wobbles probably would go away after a few miles, no?

Nothing major, I guess... It's just that viewers can be so easily influenced by YouToobers. Seems like not the best idea for a retailer to sabotage their own sales like that? Unless they already know it's gonna get trashed in the longer review?

:D

4 hours ago, Punxatawneyjoe said:

Hmmmmmm...

Isn't EEVEEs the exclusive N. American dealer for LK?

BUSTED!

:roflmao:

Totally joking.