Inmotion V14 Adventure: a new trail wheel from Inmotion

techyiam

Just now, Forwardnbak said:

who even watches boobtube anymore???

its all a bunch of boobs with 360's

TiK tokking is the future :) 

Watch it (not literally), EUCers are an older crowd and not hip to the newfangled TikTok phenomenon. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, Forwardnbak said:

Well i would have to disagree with you there, maybe if i was 12 again

As you know i do watch the boobtube and enjoy "some" peoples reviews. I just don't need their endorsement to decide whether or not i like a wheel.

as far as Tik tokk is concerned, you wouldn't catch me dead on that idiot laden form of social media, i honestly think it should be banned here in the states. Never seen such buffoonery in my life than the coverage of that one...:wacko:

4 hours ago, Ro.man said:

Tire change on V14. Not bad at all

This is probably a little misleading. There still is the main wire connected to the board up top which will have to be removed in order to get the tire off. We know it screws down on the top of the raptor controller so it's fairly easy to remove. We just don't know what has to come apart to get to it. I would imagine its just another cover on top with 6 or so screws. So probably another 6-7 minutes for that process. Overall pretty quick.

On 10/12/2023 at 3:22 AM, Forwardnbak said:

who even watches boobtube anymore???

Tiktok is like....  what the animals in zoo see when they look out through the bars at all those who pass by and peer in.

23 minutes ago, Punxatawneyjoe said:

This is probably a little misleading. There still is the main wire connected to the board up top which will have to be removed in order to get the tire off. We know it screws down on the top of the raptor controller so it's fairly easy to remove. We just don't know what has to come apart to get to it. I would imagine its just another cover on top with 6 or so screws. So probably another 6-7 minutes for that process. Overall pretty quick.

+ The real work:  The tire change in itself, which can be something the devil has created due to the design of rims versus very tight tires.

It seems long enough to if carefully not needing to disconnect the motor wire. 

But like many other EUC services the first time is the most difficult and time consuming. 

But compared to a V11 the initial impression I get is the 14V is a more easy product to service. 

The reason for this is now items seems to be much more modular and a good step in the right direction. 

From a service point of view I would have loved if they had similar motor wire disconnection as for battery packs. But I guess there is a reason for Inmotion not to do this (yet). 

55 minutes ago, fl105kg said:

Are the pedals the same as on the v13? They appear to be very similar. Anyone know if the pedals are compatible between v12 v13 and v14?

I don't recall this being talked about in a way it is confirmed. But it seems V14 and V11Y pedals are very similar. I recall it being said they are not adjustable so I doubt they are V12 compatible. 

I don't recall how V13 pedals are mounted. 

2 hours ago, fl105kg said:

Are the pedals the same as on the v13? They appear to be very similar. Anyone know if the pedals are compatible between v12 v13 and v14?

between V11, V12 and V13 all the pedals (sandpaper, honeycomb and challenger (?)) are interchangeable.

1 hour ago, Unventor said:

I don't recall this being talked about in a way it is confirmed. But it seems V14 and V11Y pedals are very similar. I recall it being said they are not adjustable so I doubt they are V12 compatible. 

I don't recall how V13 pedals are mounted. 

If the "adjustment" mentioned refers to pedal height adjustability, the V12 and V13 both can have whichever pedals are installed set at 4 different heights.  it isn't the pedals that adjust, it is the pedal hangers bolting into different sets of holes.

the V13 pedal hangers adjust the same way as the V12 (four different sets of holes) with some additional options:

1) Removing the suspension gives you an additional 4 (even lower) pedal hanger heights. This does require the removal of whichever pedal are installed, because the pedal hanger mounting plate gets an overlay plate that keeps the wheel from riding up the suspensionless sliders. For this plate, a different set of pedal hangers is used. 

it took longer to figure out how to describe that than it does to actually do it.

2) The accessory package includes two tiny plates and 4 tiny screws that allow the dihedral angle of the pedals to be adjusted from maybe 85 degrees to maybe 80 degrees? Those are just wild guesses at the actual angles. But it's a useful and easy adjustment. 

Also, the challenger(?) pedals are great IMHO. The 2 endcaps for each pedal's support rod tunnels (?) with 2 screws each, look clean and seal out debris. They also automatically self-center the support rod in the pedal, and retain the rubber inserts that provide friction to keep the pedals up when they are stowed. The pedals themselves are extra large, with a massive amount of open space in the deck.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Rfail1988 said:

Thanks for your feedback. All thumbnails and titles should be designed to catch a viewer's attention and make them want to click on it. I always fully intend to deliver on whatever they tease, because if not, Then the viewer is left wanting and feels a bit tricked.

In this case, I truly believe that this V14 update is a big one. Switching battery cells to 50S on a 4p machine is a very smart move that dramatically increases safety and performance. On top of that, in motion doing in-house IP certification is a pretty big deal, but then a few days later, they posted the IP certification sheet for the V14 which was conducted by an independent third party. That IS huge! Whether or not it gets UL certified is still up in the air, but big kudos are in order on the grounds that it is even under consideration.

My integrity is one of the most important things that I strive to maintain, and I've seen how some reviewers get heavily criticized for misrepresenting facts just for views. I take full responsibility if any information is misrepresented or overly sensationalized. In this case, I accidentally stated that the V14 originally would be coming with 50E cells, But as you are probably aware, it was announced with GB's. I issued a correction on the pinned comment on YouTube.

Kudos for replying, personally I would be more interested to watch if it didn't seem sensational, it's something about those sort of thumbnails and titles which doesn't feel professional to me and I think that the 168v rumor thing just made me even more not interested because there's way too much rumor spreading in this community, there are some trusted sources but also a lot of wishful thinking.

If integrity is important to you and you want to spread information as accurately as possible that sounds great and I hope you reach your audience.

Re: 50S cells on the V14 nothing is finalized from what I know, it started with eWheels asking for them and now others sellers are already marketing the V14 with those cells which is confusing, it feels like a De Ja Vu from when eWheels was pushing for 40T cells on (was it the Master?) then every other reseller jumped on that and marketed it with those cells then it turned out it was an eWheels exclusive thing and pre-orders that was made for the 40T version from other places couldn't be honored, it was a mess.

This community is pretty fast at taking misinformation or unconfirmed information and spreading it around as facts. 😅

• Upvote 3

On 10/12/2023 at 2:41 AM, Robse said:

Just because there has never been an burst tire, would you jump out with a parachute marked "for people up to 80 kg" if you yourself weighed 95 ? :cheers:

If I’d know how the weight ratings are decided on, and that the materials and the thickness were the same than on a 120kg version, I think I would. ;)

On 10/13/2023 at 7:08 PM, UPONIT said:

4 tiny screws that allow the dihedral angle of the pedals to be adjusted from maybe 85 degrees to maybe 80 degrees?

Commonly the angle is 11-13 degrees from horizontal, so I’d imagine then to follow suit.

3 hours ago, Rfail1988 said:

If I could, I would skip all the work involved with creating thumbnails and catchy-sounding titles and do a "just the facts, ma'am" approach, but in the end that results in very low viewership.

I also respect for you to respond here in a civil manner. I was also very disappointed with one of your earlier videos and ain’t looking forward to watching another.

But the above quote indeed makes it sound like “click-baity titles bring in more views/money”. If you do important decisions in hopes to get more views, that’s exactly what me and seemingly others too are criticizing. And isn’t that exactly what “click-baity” means?

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, mrelwood said:

I also respect for you to respond here in a civil manner. I was also very disappointed with one of your earlier videos and ain’t looking forward to watching another.

But the above quote indeed makes it sound like “click-baity titles bring in more views/money”. If you do important decisions in hopes to get more views, that’s exactly what me and seemingly others too are criticizing. And isn’t that exactly what “click-baity” means?

"Clickbait typically refers to the practice of writing sensationalized or misleading headlines in order to attract clicks on a piece of content. It often relies on exaggerating claims or leaving out key information in order to encourage traffic." (Google)

In order to avoid the perception of it being true clickbait, I have to create something worth watching, and actually delivers on what's promised, in order to draw the potential viewer in and keep them from being left wanting. I try not to overly sensationalize things or leave out any information - I apologize if I have done so and continue to strive to make the best, most accurate, honest, entertaining and informative content possible.

Edited by Rfail1988
Typos
  • Like 2

On 10/12/2023 at 10:41 AM, Robse said:

Just because there has never been an burst tire, would you jump out with a parachute marked "for people up to 80 kg" if you yourself weighed 95 ? :cheers:

it used to be a cheap way of getting a high performance chute - much greater air speed and maneuverability :laughbounce2:. But, that's detracting from your point.

• Haha 1