Inmotion V14 Adventure: a new trail wheel from Inmotion

techyiam

100v with 1800 battery on 45kg that must be wrong...until they get high discharge rate cells there and its aggresivelly priced makes no sense in terms of the market right now...mini,patton,extreme even the s19 which is pretty flashy wheel...

Edited by FarkyJ

They claim 450 A phase current controller - you would need 50+ A on 100v continuous to feed that. With Samsung 50s theoretically possible - Really curious if they deliver. If yes it will smoke out extreme.

Really strong claims

1 hour ago, daniel1234 said:

They claim 450 A phase current controller - you would need 50+ A on 100v continuous to feed that. With Samsung 50s theoretically possible - Really curious if they deliver. If yes it will smoke out extreme.

How do you get 50amps 100v to get 450amps?

I thought amps don't change based on volts. If they say the controller supports 450amps then it would be 450amps at 10v, 52v or 100v. After reading a bit more, that isn't correct. Electronics limitations are based off current. So my new understanding is the 450amp figure is meaningless without the voltage, but assuming 100v, then the controller can push 45,000W through it. 

Also, they say the motor is 9000w which means the controller would only ever push 90 amps at 100v. 

I'm mainly curious. Not an expert so I'm probably misunderstanding something. 

Edited by Eyss

2 hours ago, Eyss said:

Also, they say the motor is 9000w which means the controller would only ever push 90 amps at 100v. 

The 450 amp is max current possible through that controller as i understand it. The wheel is not capable of that type of current so it's a safety margin.

The 9000w is probably more like 10,500w unlocked because @Forwardnbak demonstrated 12,500 w on the v13 and it's rated for 10,000w

I personally have pushed it over 90 amps on acceleration with no beeps so it's possible.

17 minutes ago, onewheelkoregro said:

To each their own. I prefer springs personally over air/oil shocks

Fair enough, I was merely pointing out that your quote air was 'not viable for EUCs' was incorrect. Further, someone who pays circa £565 for a Fox X2 is not going to be a newbie to suspension and could quite easily afford a coil yet X2's sell in vast numbers. And FWIW, I bet that the performance of an X2 would destroy any sort of spring shock that the layman fits to an EUC :) 

1195660885_FoxX2.thumb.jpg.bd55058fdd5841d2459dfc8fc6139cfe.jpg

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Eyss said:

How do you get 50amps 100v to get 450amps?

To be precise - exact correlation between battery amps and motor amp depends on motor and controller. It is just my estimation from vesc systems.

But motor amps are created by shorting battery voltage on one phase(coil), what drastically decrease voltage and increase current. Current in motor coils, makes force, what move you forward  - not battery voltage itself. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Planemo said:

Fair enough, I was merely pointing out that your quote air was 'not viable for EUCs' was incorrect. Further, someone who pays circa £565 for a Fox X2 is not going to be a newbie to suspension and could quite easily afford a coil yet X2's sell in vast numbers. And FWIW, I bet that the performance of an X2 would destroy any sort of spring shock that the layman fits to an EUC :) 

1195660885_FoxX2.thumb.jpg.bd55058fdd5841d2459dfc8fc6139cfe.jpg

To be fair the only suspension systems I deal with on a daily basis are tractor trailer Air suspension systems. Which is essentially a rubber sack that fills with air to keep a trailer stable over the road. I don't have much experience with motorcycle/over the road bike suspension systems. And mostly tractor suspension systems which are often just giant springs that you have to decompress, and if you don't you risk severe damage to yourself and the surrounding area.

On 8/28/2023 at 12:48 PM, onewheelkoregro said:

Maybe if they upgrade to a coil or shock suspension because Air suspension is only used on diesel trailers because of the incredible weight. I am familiar with air suspension and I really don't think it is viable for EUCs which is why it is only on the V11 and V13

Air suspension has been used on mountain bikes for years (including very high-end bikes), and it works very well.

There's no reason I wouldn't work just as well on ECUs.

28 minutes ago, NSFW said:

Air suspension has been used on mountain bikes for years (including very high-end bikes), and it works very well.

There's no reason I wouldn't work just as well on ECUs.

If you look at the post right above your comment it explains that I am an OTR diesel technician. I only see Air bag suspension and coil suspension on a daily basis

1 hour ago, NSFW said:

Air suspension is only used on diesel trailers because of the incredible weight

this is not the reason the use air bags on tractor trailer.  The use them so you can adjust your cushioning and height when you are loaded and when you are empty. Springs that can support a fully loaded tractor trailer combo would be to stiff when the rig is unloaded. Also truck air bags are in no way similar to an oil dampened air shock.

Edited by Punxatawneyjoe
  • Upvote 2

15 hours ago, Punxatawneyjoe said:

The 450 amp is max current possible through that controller as i understand it. The wheel is not capable of that type of current so it's a safety margin.

The 9000w is probably more like 10,500w unlocked because @Forwardnbak demonstrated 12,500 w on the v13 and it's rated for 10,000w

I personally have pushed it over 90 amps on acceleration with no beeps so it's possible.

Unless I’m mistaken, an EUC motor is only driven at the max battery voltage at max speed. Anything below that and the voltage across motor coils is lower than that. I don’t know the exact relations since they are a bit complex, but afaik if you do a hard acceleration from standstill, the motor current is the first one to rise while the motor voltage is still low. That’s where the high amperage is useful.

Back when Msuper V3 was still a thing, it tended to fry the board if you tried to start from behind a small rock or other small obstacle. That’s when the current rises so much that the board couldn’t handle it.

So what the 450A capability of the controller should get us is a magnificent climbing power at low speeds. As long as the firmware utilizes it well.

• Like 1

Extreme is 39kg(86lbs) and it is well build from what I’ve seen, so I’m not too surprised about that (Edit: and it’s the closest comparison to V14).

Edited by Paul g

6 minutes ago, EMA said:

i'm not against the 100v 1800wh platform but i bet it use same 126v system as v13, i hope it's not another 40kg wheel lol

To say it has 1800 Wh battery capacity, I would think 100 V or 134.4 V battery configuration is more likely.

Samsung 50E or 50S cells

(1) 126 V = 30 cells x 4.2 V.  

30 cells * 3.6 V nominal * 5 Ah * 3P = 1620 Wh

30 cells * 3.6 V nominal * 5 Ah * 4P = 2160 Wh

(2) 134.4 V = 32 cells * 4.2 V.

32 cells * 3.6 V nominal * 5 Ah * 3P = 1728 Wh

(3) 100.8 V = 24 cells * 4.2 V.

24 cells * 3.6 V nominal * 5 Ah * 4P = 1728 Wh