Inmotion V14 Adventure: a new trail wheel from Inmotion

techyiam

20 minutes ago, InMoOnGoWa75012 said:

From my mind 100v and 1800wh cannot produce 9KW peak.

EX30 or EX.n can do this with standard battery pack, not Inmotion wheels, isn't it ? 

There is no way this is a 100V wheel. 

• Upvote 2

42 mosfets, 18 caps,  that should do the trick electronically...i just wonder how much this wheel really weighs...is it an offroad version of the V13, considering its using the same controller...

1 minute ago, bpong said:

is it an offroad version of the V13

The free spin speed of the Adventure is 110km/h. V13 has 140km/h. The tire size difference pretty much covers the difference, so the controller performance is indeed very similar.

7 minutes ago, mrelwood said:

The free spin speed of the Adventure is 110km/h. V13 has 140km/h. The tire size difference pretty much covers the difference, so the controller performance is indeed very similar.

it makes one wonder about just how fast it can go on an offroad trail... i also wonder what its going to be like if one swapped out the knobby and put on a street tire and used it primarily for street riding and commuting;  which is my intent albeit perhaps abit overkill for street but i do like the 14 over the 13.  at this point without seeing the actual wheel,  i think its a fair statement that the 14 could be a better all-round wheel than the 13...

but regarding the teaser for other important information - its lacking,...  i dont remember seeing any technical info on their proposed swappable batteries or interchangeable wheels.  yan did remark that the adventure would be capable of using different wheel sizes... may be they are saving this for the official launch ??? 

Edited by bpong

4 hours ago, mrelwood said:

If you do the V13 speed * 18/22 (or whatever), the Adventure would have to have a higher free spin speed. So the motor is different and seems to be geared more toward torque.

Comparing speeds doesn't really work then.

Never mind, I can't read.

Getting 100kph free-spin from a torque motor is another sign that the voltage is high (at least 126V), though.

Edited by meepmeepmayer

33 minutes ago, bpong said:

it makes one wonder about just how fast it can go on an offroad trail... i also wonder what its going to be like if one swapped out the knobby and put on a street tire and used it primarily for street riding and commuting;  which is my intent albeit perhaps abit overkill for street but i do like the 14 over the 13.  at this point without seeing the actual wheel,  i think its a fair statement that the 14 could be a better all-round wheel than the 13...

but regarding the teaser for other important information - its lacking,...  i dont remember seeing any technical info on their proposed swappable batteries or interchangeable wheels.  yan did remark that the adventure would be capable of using different wheel sizes... may be they are saving this for the official launch ??? 

The ex CEO of InMotion, “Bob” Yan, had some online interviews and is he that said the batteries will be swappable.  

@Forwardnbak video:

Edited by Paul g

Just now, Mango said:

Will be my next trail wheel, for sure! Adventure will replace my T4 when it craps out.

all i can imagine is you purposely riding the hell out of your T4 to justify the V14 purchase...

14 minutes ago, meepmeepmayer said:

Watched the video again.

There seem to be 16 of what I think are battery cell slots, so it would be 134V. See the picture. The rectangular "tabs" next to the numbers.

There are 15 spaces between the "tabs", so if the cells sit there, we have a 126V wheel.

Does anybody know more about how the battery cells sit in an Inmotion pack and can take a guess what this x-ray view shows? 16 or 15 battery cell places?

-

To me it looks like it might really be 134V. 16 "tabs" for the outer cell column, and the battery pack is higher at the top (extra height above the tab number 16) because the inner cell column is shifted up by one cell radius.

adv.thumb.jpg.f8d033d2b58c0ed9080309255ad5aae0.jpg

Thanks  @meepmeepmayer , sharp eye! It might really be 134V, just like our friend from China @WuQuanShan dropped it.

The video says the capacitors have "over 40% voltage margin" in the built-in subtitles, but the voice says "over 50% voltage margin". Is there any way to speculate from this whether it's 126V (+40% = 176.4V, +50% = 189V) or 134V (+40% = 188.16V, +50% = 201.60V)? Do any typical numbers match one or the other option?

LOL this wheel robs me of my peace of mind. I don't even care, I just want to know.

from what we see in the vid, its just another electric wheel.  IF the other innovations that inmotion discussed weeks ago come out in sept 1,  that will put the V14 into the category of innovative design.  that will attract buyers/shoppers such as myself... 

1 hour ago, meepmeepmayer said:

The video says the capacitors have "over 40% voltage margin" in the built-in subtitles, but the voice says "over 50% voltage margin". Is there any way to speculate from this whether it's 126V (+40% = 176.4V, +50% = 189V) or 134V (+40% = 188.16V, +50% = 201.60V)? Do any typical numbers match one or the other option?

LOL this wheel robs me of my peace of mind. I don't even care, I just want to know.

I said the Mosfets they use can go to max 150V, but I was wrong. The max is 200V. So yeah, that makes the wheel 134V. So the Raptor could theoretically go higher than 134V.

• Like 1

Not sure. I am just speculating from the video. But counting the turns of the shock's coil and its shape, it does resembles a lot to shocks compatible with  the Surron.
Perhaps the stock shock of V14 is a Fastace 53RC (550lb) ?

Edited by GPSchile
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Paul g said:

I have confirmation that V14 is a 134V.

The V14 is a 16” (so called, actually a 17.5” wheel, like Patton), but InMotion was planning (at least when Bob was still CEO) a Challenger Y which is a 20” and an Adventure P which is a 14”- all with 134V swappable battery packs: 1 to 4 packs.  They will have waterproof quick disconnect (probably outside the board closure, like Patton).

The user will be able to choose between Samsung 40T for instant power, or long range batteries (probably Samsung 50E).

Something I’m not clear on, is the upcoming 20” Challenger Y replacing the V13, or being released alongside an updated 22” V13?

If they’re releasing a new 22” V13 with the 4 modular batteries, fork suspension, and optional 40T cells, that sounds like my next wheel.

Edited by InfiniteWheelie
  • Like 1