Inmotion V14 Adventure: a new trail wheel from Inmotion

techyiam

9 minutes ago, meepmeepmayer said:

Just guessing. The light might sit on a metal cooling body behind it, and the fins are what you see of this body.

But yeah, the lights on this seem to be great!

In about 24h we'll know more hopefully.

It is a bit annoying that we have to wait for a first view of this wheel. I doubt they gonna change anything major in the design, unless is something really bad ( in this “testing” period ).

Edited by Paul g

this was posted on facebook inmotion electric unicycle group a few days ago.  it shows a different color config but does show a glimpse at the rear coil and linkage.  plus there are some battery pack end bumpers that are orange in this wheel that i guess act as low bumpers for the battery packs.  they look abit vulnerable and fragile... the black shroud that covers the both battery packs - i wonder if that is covering just the battery connectors or also covering the battery exchange mechanism...?

image.png.f2eb85430ef3653d587688448c0cbb4a.png

Edited by bpong
  • Like 2

28 minutes ago, bpong said:

this was posted on facebook inmotion electric unicycle group a few days ago.  it shows a different color config but does show a glimpse at the rear coil and linkage.  plus there are some battery pack end bumpers that are orange in this wheel that i guess act as low bumpers for the battery packs.  they look abit vulnerable and fragile... the black shroud that covers the both battery packs - i wonder if that is covering just the battery connectors or also covering the battery exchange mechanism...?

image.png.f2eb85430ef3653d587688448c0cbb4a.png

As I know InMotion, they put another click-in foam side-panel like on the V12  -_-  .  I know it’s horrible for them to keep doing that, but it’s the bad habit they’re addicted to it seems (not a killer mistake though).

In this close up it’s clear that those orange side panels look more like made out of plastic: lower sunk in screw hole is plastic casing regular feature (though not exclusive to plastic, rarely seen on metal casings). And those orange strips on the most forward part of the casing seem strangely similar to the metal strips on the lower corners of the V13 ?? What do you think 🤔 

Edited by Paul g

Paulg;

not familiar with V13 but i do see those small angled strips on the front mid apex of the mild point of the side casing.  what the heck are they covering ?  or are they meant to be sacrificial pieces....we'll know soon enuf...

I’m amazed they went for a luggage type of handle, but it makes sense for the type of suspension construction, and it’s really nice to trolley around :efeeec645d: , I hope is not Begode quality though 🤣

1 minute ago, bpong said:

Paulg;

not familiar with V13 but i do see those small angled strips on the front mid apex of the mild point of the side casing.  what the heck are they covering ?  or are they meant to be sacrificial pieces....we'll know soon enuf...

The V13 had some steel plates on the plastic casing to give it rigidity and protect it from impacts. These ones look very similar.

• Like 1

On 8/11/2023 at 2:15 PM, Mango said:

It weighs the same as the Extreme.

Knowing Inmotion, their wheel is going to be 100v and 1800wh.

Sigh....

the specs leaked in early spring are true.

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, meepmeepmayer said:

It has a proper, truly usable, bright backlight!

For once I don't agree with you. 

That shot is without any other lighting source. So it is very difficult to judge the link lighting at the time this is filmed and how much the camera is "adjusting" to the light as a camera work very different to human eyes. Also it is difficult to evaluate if any HDR settings are used. If they used HDR the image will not be equlliant to any visual we see with naked eye. 

But I do hope Inmotion has listen to feedback from rider that lights is a feature that can be improved upon. We have seen a very positive trend. So I would expect it to continue. Just thinking to compare V8 vs V10f and V11 as wheels I own or owned. 

2 hours ago, Mango said:

Sigh....

the specs leaked in early spring are true.

2 hours ago, onewheelkoregro said:

you don't think they are going to up the voltage to at least match Begode and their whole line of 134v wheels?

Compare the sizes (specifically the height) of the battery packs. Each pack will have 24 cells for 100V, 30 for 126V, and 32 for 134V. So higher voltage = taller pack. Use the tire (should be always pretty much the same size) as a point of comparison.

Begode T4 (100V) - a pack is about as tall as the diameter of the metal rim, but definitely not as tall as the outer diameter of the tire.

Spoiler

begode-t4-metal-cases-1080x1440.jpg

Begode Extreme 134.4V - a pack is pretty much as tall as the tire (a little less, but not much).

Spoiler

begode-extreme-1080x1440.jpg

begode-extreme-front-1080x1440.jpg

begode-extreme-batteries-1080x1440.jpg

And finally the V14/Adventure with unknown voltage - what do you think it looks closer to?

Spoiler

IMG_1364.jpeg.64e92547b5a3b4a9e38b052bea

My guess:

Spoiler

I changed my mind 3 times, but before I go crazy and start pixel counting, I'll just guess that it's a 126V pack - looks bigger than the one on the T4, and maybe a little smaller than the one on the Extreme. Good night:whistling:

Edited by meepmeepmayer
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

23 minutes ago, meepmeepmayer said:

I still have hope that the Adventure is 134V or at least 126V (maybe more likely as the V13 is 126V), and not 100V.

The reasoning: compare the sizes (specifically the height) of the battery packs. Each pack will have 24 cells for 100V, 30 for 126V, and 32 for 134V. So higher voltage = taller pack.

Now compare the pack heights for these different wheels, using the tire (should be always pretty much the same size) as a point of comparison:

Begode T4 (100V) - a pack is about as tall as the diameter of the metal rim, but definitely not as tall as the outer diameter of the tire.

Reveal hidden contents

begode-t4-metal-cases-1080x1440.jpg

Begode Extreme 134.4V - a pack is pretty much as tall as the tire (maybe a little less, but not much).

Reveal hidden contents

begode-extreme-1080x1440.jpg

begode-extreme-front-1080x1440.jpg

begode-extreme-batteries-1080x1440.jpg

And finally the V14/Adventure with unknown voltage - what do you think it looks closer to?

Reveal hidden contents

IMG_1364.jpeg.64e92547b5a3b4a9e38b052bea

For me, the Inmotion pack is definitely bigger than the one on the T4, and I wouldn't know how they could have it so tall if it's only a 100V pack. It looks maybe a little less tall than the one on the Extreme, but not much.

So my bet is that it is a 126V 2220Wh wheel like the Patton.

Make of that leaf reading what you will. Might be just wishful thinking on my part, given that the one leak we have says 100V.

That makes complete sense. I think Begode currently and for the forseeable future will continue to have the highest voltage wheel and be the preferred "racing wheel"

2 hours ago, meepmeepmayer said:
  Hide contents

I changed my mind 3 times, but before I go crazy and start pixel counting, I'll just guess that it's a 126V pack - looks bigger than the one on the T4, and maybe a little smaller than the one on the Extreme. Good night:whistling:

+1

I also think it could reasonably be 126 V, based on visual estimation of the images below:

Not sure if 134 V is that critical to have. According to Hsiang, he didn't feel that the Commander Mini was that superior in motor performance. Although, the Extreme could be a different story. But we don't have the data to know one way or the other yet.

If the motor performance of the Adventure is comparable, that is what really counts.

commanderminiREAL_1024x1024.png?v=169119

IMG_1364.thumb.jpeg.e747d7d3d2b23654ea41

Monokoleso-Begode-T4-37.jpg

Edited by techyiam
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1