Inmotion V14 Adventure: a new trail wheel from Inmotion

techyiam

7 hours ago, eezo said:

There's nothing wrong with asking for a light wheel. I'm just making a humorous comment that it's almost all that user posts about in every comment and thread. Repeatedly.

It just looks like that, because i don't bother to comment more on those "big wheel" treads.. Firstly, because that wheel already have been put in my "dumpster" list of wheels. (It may be good wheel.. But because of the weight - i won't be getting it anyways.) Secondly - keep talking about it is pointless.. WoW it has amazing suspension, just amazing build "quality", such speed, much power are more or less the same thing other users have already said about that wheel. (Also most wheels are the same in that way.) So adding same thing again and again are also pointless.

More or less the same thing i'm doing about saying heavy wheel - bad wheel. I just don't bother to keep reading/commenting on those topics anymore after i have said "my line".

Soon as V14 real specs will be released i will be gone. Same as all other heavy wheel treads. Because i don't bother to keep reading/commenting on wheels that don't interest me at all.

1 hour ago, Robse said:

The best wheel is the wheel that meets the actual riders demand and expectations 100%

No, that would be the perfect wheel. ;) If there are only two wheels one of which meets 10% the other 20% of the rider’s expectations, the 20% one is the best one.

In the mentioned test, the riders chose Adveture as the best one from the available options. That doesn’t necessarily make it 100% perfect.

1 hour ago, Robse said:

but this don't make the wheel the best wheel for any other than this rider 😁

Absolutely true.

Can’t wait to see the specs and hear more about it though, since the odds are pretty good for this one. :)

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Funky said:

It just looks like that, because i don't bother to comment more on those "big wheel" treads.. Firstly, because that wheel already have been put in my "dumpster" list of wheels. (It may be good wheel.. But because of the weight - i won't be getting it anyways.) Secondly - keep talking about it is pointless.. WoW it has amazing suspension, just amazing build "quality", such speed, much power are more or less the same thing other users have already said about that wheel. (Also most wheels are the same in that way.) So adding same thing again and again are also pointless.

More or less the same thing i'm doing about saying heavy wheel - bad wheel. I just don't bother to keep reading/commenting on those topics anymore after i have said "my line".

Soon as V14 real specs will be released i will be gone. Same as all other heavy wheel treads. Because i don't bother to keep reading/commenting on wheels that don't interest me at all.

Funky, please have a little patience, I think this wheel is exactly what you want: it will have suspension, it will be light because you can custom the amount of batteries you need, it will be cheap because you can buy it with only one battery pack and it will be new, which is exactly what you want   🥳  🥳  

3 hours ago, Merk said:

I heard from a reliable source that riders tested Adventure with other wheels and the V14 was the best one. 

Let's wait a bit and we will see if that's true. 

I tested the Patton and I have some doubts the V14 will beat that in torque, but let’s wait. 

Edit: There was a torque test thread, but I can’t find it with the search option. Does anyone knows it Patton was put to test yet?

Edited by Paul g

And front light as well, all around proper lighting.  It’s what we’ve asked all this time (OK, it doesn’t have any left-right signalling, which is needed for a motor vehicle).

Edit: I hope it still has the cut-off (stvz compliant) light like V13

Edited by Paul g

Second thought: it looks like the back light is too close to the center of the wheel, might be hidden by user’s legs (when ridden on horizontal roads, not up a hill).  Edit: might still be one of the best back lights.

Edited by Paul g

if those are the pads that come with the wheel,  im actually pleasantly surprised and impressed !  i just hope the wheel kill switch is not in the front grab handle as it is in the KS S19....

those pads look like the pads for the V12... i have mounted those pads to my old tesla V2 and i like them...

image.png.cc58c85730a417fb7b50d954d7a070bc.png

i dont see where the KS and InMotion groupees would have a PR problem.

i prefer the V14 body over the S19 - there is frontal protection for the headlight and it also serves as a crash area.  the headlights on the S19 are unprotected.  plus the V14 pads (which are V12 pads) can be easily repositioned, judging from the photos.  i certainly hope the V14 front grab handle is metal - if its plastic,  it will be the first thing to crack and fly off in a spill.

and what is the V14 tire/rim size ?  it looks smaller than the tire on the S19 ...

Edited by bpong
adding comparison image...
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, meepmeepmayer said:

It is smaller. The V14 has a 12 inch rim with a "16 inch" (= almost 18'' real diameter) tire size, like the Patton/Extreme/Commander Mini/Nikola/16X etc. The S19 has a 14 inch rim for a "18/19/20 inch" (something like 21''+ in real diameter) tire size, like the S22/S18/V11/EX30/Sherman S etc.

i kno this is going against the general trend of things,  but im so used to riding a narrow tire that i would have preferred the same on the V14.  but then again,  one can experiment with tires sizes etc,...  if this is truly what we have in store for the V14,  my wallet is going to be abit lighter in the next several weeks...

Edited by bpong

1 hour ago, Mango said:

Good looking wheel!

IMG_1364.thumb.jpeg.e747d7d3d2b23654ea41034d8d4f7a94.jpeg

I personally don’t like the way they designed the front. If that is only plastic, it will break in a crash and as I can see those pieces are continuing to the back of the wheel so both sides will have to be replaced. But we don’t know exactly the construction to say much right now. I’m quite disappointed.

20 minutes ago, meepmeepmayer said:

Maybe the orange top shell is metal? It is quite simple shaped, so it doesn't have to be plastic.

I hope so, but I … kind of doubt  :efee96588e: ?

I mean, it doesn’t have the tough look, like Patton for example.

24 minutes ago, meepmeepmayer said:

And even plastic can be very sturdy.

Yeah, if they make it from a good plastic (20% fibre glass reinforced is the best, but expensive) like Patton ( oh god, I still can’t believe this is a wheel name ) it will probably resist well, but who knows. Inmotion didn’t quite impress when they tried something new. They’re more “nerdy”, at least that’s the impression they left me 🤓,  Begode is more “street wise” but reckless and despise safety. I love them, but they can also disappoint badly(cough:v12,13).

It looks like the cooling fins of the board closure are visible from the front and kind of stick out. That might be only some decorative adage- it is placed too high to be the real fins   :confused1: