Begode 134v Models (and possibly T4?) - Latest V4/C4 Charge Board drains battery packs for unknown reason

2 hours ago, null said:

Then you might be referring to the strange behavior KS firmwares for half recent wheels started doing around 2020 that would beep at the end of charge, then drain the battery if you did not turn it on and off manually. It does only apply for the 2200W motor 18XL, not the 2000W motor 18XL. It also is supposed to be fixed, though with mixed results.

While this is indeed a thing for certain KS EUC / FW combinations it does not reflect normal behavior for other EUCs or batteries, and can not be used to argue that any voltage drop is just normal, for example with a 2023 Begode charge board..

edit: can we just leave this here? Your statement had to be challenged because it was literally dangerous (like burn your house down) for 18XL owners that where not affected by that HW / FW combination. You have stated yours, I have stated mine, we could leave this conversation to go back to the Begode charge board. If you have the need to "have the last word" do whatever you like, I will not respond anymore.

I take part to topics in a public worldwide forum just to give others my experience but more than this to learn from others experience, not to "have the last word", I don't know why you're talking to me in this way.
I reported my ks18xl behavior and yes, it is a 2200W version, the same of my friend, at the time I was the owner I did't know about strange behavior KS firmwares so, thanks to let me know this.
I'm still in contact with the new owner, I'll take a look as soon as possible to fix it and avoid any trouble.

First time I haven't ridden for several days in a row, I took the opportunity to test my ex30

D0 134.4
12h 134
D1 133.6
D3 132.1
D4 131.8
D6 131.4
D7 131.3
D8 131.2
D9 131.1

As stated it seems to stabilize at around 4.1V per cell after a week

Edited by Bizra6ot
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Thanks for that info, I presume 'D' = days. if you ever get the chance to fill in the blanks (+24 hours and +48 hours) it would be appreciated. I would do it myself but my wheel stands for too long between rides to fully charge and then leave it.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Glad I came across this.   I have a master v4 and also noticed the voltage drop right away.   Charge up to 134.4 and within 15 min it's 133.8. soon after 133.2.    I thought I had a bad unit , been searching online for a week.  

7 minutes ago, imthatgeorge said:

Glad I came across this.   I have a master v4 and also noticed the voltage drop right away.   Charge up to 134.4 and within 15 min it's 133.8. soon after 133.2.    I thought I had a bad unit , been searching online for a week.  

Also to add.   I noticed the charger I got was only set to 133.8v.   I recalibrated it to 134.4.   I'm wondering if the newer boards are purposely draining to not be over 133.8.   I'm gonna set my charger back to 133.8 and see if it still drains.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, imthatgeorge said:

I'm gonna set my charger back to 133.8 and see if it still drains.  

Absolutely make sure the meter your using is 100% correct or you might be making a situation worse not better.