Veteran Patton 16" 126v 2220wh

Mango

On 7/7/2024 at 12:17 PM, Spiwrs said:

PEDALS

Has anyone tried these pedals from AliExpress on their Patton?

I have them but did not buy them through Aliexpress.  I bought them from Ewheels website.  They are a great upgrade from the stock pedals.  Feel much more solid.

On 7/10/2024 at 9:32 PM, Bigkidneys said:

I have them but did not buy them through Aliexpress.  I bought them from Ewheels website.  They are a great upgrade from the stock pedals.  Feel much more solid.

Thanks.

i will purchase them today as AliExpress are reducing them from £164 to £139 due to some football tournament. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/7/2024 at 12:17 PM, Spiwrs said:

PEDALS

Has anyone tried these pedals from AliExpress on their Patton?

23 minutes ago, Spiwrs said:

The pedals arrived and look great. Worth considering if you want to save money. 

IMG_1020.jpeg

I installed mine about 2 months ago and well worth the money.  Feels much more solid and I don't get foot fatigue as quickly for some reason.

With the newest FW version can one set the button volume to zero - no beeps when powering on/off and when going through settings?

I am on the batch 1 original FW before the over voltage alarm and button volume features were added.  I removed the beeper long ago.  I love stealth mode, but I'm getting a new light and thinking it may be time to reconsider updating FW.  

Thanks!

@Rollin-on-1 Correct. You can lower or completely turn off all the regular beeps, the speed alarms still function as normal. Highly recommend. I used to shut off my wheel before opening my door so I wouldn’t wake up my girlfriend…….. Stealth mode for the win. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Hellkitten said:

@Rollin-on-1 Correct. You can lower or completely turn off all the regular beeps, the speed alarms still function as normal. Highly recommend. I used to shut off my wheel before opening my door so I wouldn’t wake up my girlfriend…….. Stealth mode for the win. 

Looks like I'll be updating FW when the new light arrives.  Thanks for confirming that buttom beeps can be turned off!

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Hi all,

First post for me. I post because I need your lights.

Today, I’ve joined the ranks of those who have experienced a cutout. Twice in the same day!

I’m not sure if it’s related to the gaming issue we discussed earlier in this thread, but my Patton definitely has something wrong with it.

So, I’m starting my investigation and will begin here. I’ve recorded a video of the abnormal behavior it’s displaying (in addition to the infamous issue, though I’m not sure if they’re connected).

Could you tell me if you’ve seen this before? Do you have any idea where the problem might be coming from?

As background, I can say that I recently did an update (the issue was already present, but this shaking/vibrating behavior, I’m not certain—I don’t recall it being as bad or as frequent, but it’s very recent and getting worse).

I can also mention that a few days ago, there was a pseudo cutout where it suddenly jerked forward before immediately returning to position.

And I also have the impression that there’s this forward jerking phenomenon when it cuts out. But I can’t figure out if it’s just the effect of the gyro cutting out or if there’s actually something wrong (I remember seeing a video where this phenomenon was shown, by the way).

I should add that these cutouts occurred at low speed (thankfully!).

Let me know if you need more information or if I’m not being clear.

Thank you in advance for your feedback.

P.S.: I found the video of the "forward jerking," which is exactly the impression I had each time as well.

P.S.2: After checking the logs, I’m seeing errors related to the Hall effect sensor. I’m not sure if this is common or if it’s proof that the sensor is malfunctioning.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Leapat said:

Hi all,

First post for me. I post because I need your lights.

Today, I’ve joined the ranks of those who have experienced a cutout. Twice in the same day!

I’m not sure if it’s related to the gaming issue we discussed earlier in this thread, but my Patton definitely has something wrong with it.

So, I’m starting my investigation and will begin here. I’ve recorded a video of the abnormal behavior it’s displaying (in addition to the infamous issue, though I’m not sure if they’re connected).

Could you tell me if you’ve seen this before? Do you have any idea where the problem might be coming from?

As background, I can say that I recently did an update (the issue was already present, but this shaking/vibrating behavior, I’m not certain—I don’t recall it being as bad or as frequent, but it’s very recent and getting worse).

I can also mention that a few days ago, there was a pseudo cutout where it suddenly jerked forward before immediately returning to position.

And I also have the impression that there’s this forward jerking phenomenon when it cuts out. But I can’t figure out if it’s just the effect of the gyro cutting out or if there’s actually something wrong (I remember seeing a video where this phenomenon was shown, by the way).

I should add that these cutouts occurred at low speed (thankfully!).

Let me know if you need more information or if I’m not being clear.

Thank you in advance for your feedback.

P.S.: I found the video of the "forward jerking," which is exactly the impression I had each time as well.

P.S.2: After checking the logs, I’m seeing errors related to the Hall effect sensor. I’m not sure if this is common or if it’s proof that the sensor is malfunctioning.

Might be two different issues you are describing.

What firmware version are you on?

In the video you posted with the wheel vibrating back and forth that is a strong indicator of loose or broken motor bolts.

The second video it's difficult to draw conclusions but for all accounts it looks like he has a hard landing and lands with a forward posture right into his powerpads (which he has angled pretty far back which is not optimal), that will make the wheel tilt forward and since it's a very strong wheel it then recovers and keep going, a weaker wheel would just fall forward and not recover in the same situation, so I would guess that it's user error in that video both in terms of jumping technique and power pad setup.

Thanks for your answer.

I'll look inside for loose motor bolts and let you know if that's it.

I have the last firmware, 004.0.17.

The second video is because I felt the same behavior but it's maybe not that at all.

• Like 1

After disassembling it I was able to spot slightly loose screws on the engine/suspension parts.
I tightened everything and reassembled the wheel and the problem completely disappeared.

Thanks for your help.

image.png.48347fc7de564d93281258c2164e7cab.png

image.webp.c4fabd2c05c639d33d1179ad8905a2c8.webp

image.webp.5075ee7a55d18ade35f47655126a88fc.webp

image.webp.12bb9d71beb76869c471c7840f9906a2.webp

image.webp

image.webp.8e5cf961dfa52e9a7ddfc5bcbdc83cbe.webp

image.webp.a87392b8272c48d889f0b417e6696478.webp

image.webp.d5b38da3a9dd1f134ffc183e704b309d.webp

image.webp.c026628005bb5fbe531775285f0c0f1a.webp

image.webp.27d577df858e1f88c12d7169431aec6e.webp

image.webp.7205a18c89d89f150296da6110528834.webp

1716056853054.thumb.jpg.82088f88d185903ffa17dbf95af2b5d2.jpg

Edited by Leapat
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Leapat said:

After disassembling it I was able to spot slightly loose screws on the engine/suspension parts.
I tightened everything and reassembled the wheel and the problem completely disappeared.

Thanks for your help.

Awesome, did you also use loctite and a torque wrench? If not I recommend doing that next time which will prevent it from happening again.

• 2 weeks later...

I have finally had the loose motor bolts as there is a very slight clunking when moving it back and forth quickly. 

Upon looking on AliExpress I noticed there is a new Patton motor and motor bolt connector available.  When did this update happen and does it solve the motor bolt issue?

image.thumb.png.deca832348066400beca35ffc8950a1f.png

image.thumb.png.374fde6c4c4045c53e4fc40f20e96cda.png

6 hours ago, Spiwrs said:

I have finally had the loose motor bolts as there is a very slight clunking when moving it back and forth quickly. 

Upon looking on AliExpress I noticed there is a new Patton motor and motor bolt connector available.  When did this update happen and does it solve the motor bolt issue?

image.thumb.png.deca832348066400beca35ffc8950a1f.png

image.thumb.png.374fde6c4c4045c53e4fc40f20e96cda.png

That was early batch I believe, but don't know exactly when.

Is your old ones damaged?

Mine isn’t damaged but I was looking as I remember seeing a CNC version but I doubt that would make any difference to the regular one. 

I will have to order a torque digital meter so that I don’t tighten them up too much and strip them.  Is there a chart with all the torque rating for the bolts?

And I watched Kevin from erides fix a Patton with loose motor bolts and he poured the blue locktite into the holes and not on the bolts.  Is this the suggested way to make sure the bolts don’t ever come loose again?

22 minutes ago, Spiwrs said:

Mine isn’t damaged but I was looking as I remember seeing a CNC version but I doubt that would make any difference to the regular one. 

I will have to order a torque digital meter so that I don’t tighten them up too much and strip them.  Is there a chart with all the torque rating for the bolts?

And I watched Kevin from erides fix a Patton with loose motor bolts and he poured the blue locktite into the holes and not on the bolts.  Is this the suggested way to make sure the bolts don’t ever come loose again?

Patton: Motor Screws M6x20 18Nm
Patton: Battery to Suspension Screws M6x12mm 11Nm
Patton: Top to Battery Screws M5x14mm 7Nm
Patton: Clamp Screws M5x14mm 8Nm.

A dab of loctite on the bolts is enough really.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Can anyone tell me what I am doing wrong as I am having trouble reassembling the Patton. 

When I tighten up the 4 bolts on the clamp holding the suspension the tire starts to rub and I can’t spin it freely.

I have checked the gap is exactly the same between both sides of the clamp and have attempted it a few times but with the same effect of the tire rubbing against the other side battery box. 

Is there something I am missing as everything seems to be aligned?

Update:-  I found that the wheel rotates on the axis of the other suspension rod.  Placed a thin sheet of material in between the wheel and the other battery pack and that stopped the movement while tightening the bolts. 

Edited by Spiwrs

Someone told me they have rolled out a FW update to add accelleration assist to Patton.  Can anyone confirm this?  I am still on the OG batch 1 FW and have been happy to stay with it so far.  I may consider updating FW if accelleration assit is available and the FW ver is stable w/ no "unintended features" added.

12 minutes ago, Rollin-on-1 said:

Someone told me they have rolled out a FW update to add accelleration assist to Patton.  Can anyone confirm this?  I am still on the OG batch 1 FW and have been happy to stay with it so far.  I may consider updating FW if accelleration assit is available and the FW ver is stable w/ no "unintended features" added.

I just checked. So far no firmware update. I will check again later.

• Thanks 1