Who has new roller sliders?!?

MetricUSA

First, has anyone bought and installed the roller slides, yet???

Second, when is kingsong be responsible and replace all our badly design slides!!! I sure in hell didn't pay a $3,000 for crappy design and they didn't show the suspension design when they were pushing how great there wheel was for the last year... 

Edited by MetricUSA

1 hour ago, MetricUSA said:

Second, when is kingsong be responsible and replace all our badly design slides!!!

I wouldn't hold my breath waiting for KS to step up to that plate. IMO, it'd be excellent if they made a new design that could be retrofitted, but doubt they'd provide such a thing for free. I could well be wrong, but that's the kind of design improvement we see in v3 or v4 or never. I mean, if aftermarket has it covered, why take bread out of their mouths especially if it increases the MSRP? (yes, weak justification but when you need an excuse...)

Edited by Tawpie

4 hours ago, MetricUSA said:

First, has anyone bought and installed the roller slides, yet???

Second, when is kingsong be responsible and replace all our badly design slides!!! I sure in hell didn't pay a $3,000 for crappy design and they didn't show the suspension design when they were pushing how great there wheel was for the last year... 

Did you see the reviews mentioning the S22 sliders exhibiting a lot of friction, getting stuck, working only on big drops - any of that before buying?

Genuine question - a good amount of of the feedback described in depth the suspension shortcomings, but some focused more on hyping the wheel for affiliate sales - not mentioning much if anything negative.
So I imagine that being prepared or not for the actual suspension performance (which is lacking) depends a lot on which sources were trusted before buying.

Edited by supercurio
  • Like 2

Oh please I am not talking about 3d printed crap that will not last, and was only made as a prototype!!! The Russian made metal/with shower rollers, for $100, that KINGSONG should have been doing in the first place!!! 

Edited by MetricUSA

I see another satisfied customer of S20/22. :) Everyone who buys a new wheel should watch disassemble video of said wheel..

When i saw those "sliders" i automatically said: Duck that wheel - it's piece of trash. And have never taught about S20/22 again. Simply because of said sliders.. That suspension will be nightmare over time.

• Like 1

The 3D printed ones are pretty great actually when made with the correct materials in the correct way, several people with a few hundred miles on those already. People are just getting the first batch of CNC aluminum ones from MyEWheel and installing those now I'd imagine.

Edited by chanman

On 10/29/2022 at 1:52 PM, supercurio said:

Genuine question - a good amount of of the feedback described in depth the suspension shortcomings, but some focused more on hyping the wheel for affiliate sales - not mentioning much if anything negative.
So I imagine that being prepared or not for the actual suspension performance (which is lacking) depends a lot on which sources were trusted before buying.

What are you talking about?

Look no further than the posts of your riding buddy. Right there is the biggest source of hype. 🙂

There are a few sets of the myewheels CNC sliders now installed locally, we'll see how their owners feel about them fairly soon I would imagine.

According to myewheels they sold their first 90 sets almost immediately, so there are a reasonable number out in the field now. Not big numbers, but a decent sample. More due in stock this month if I understood correctly.

Edited by Tawpie
  • Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/8/2022 at 11:13 PM, Tawpie said:

There are a few sets of the myewheels CNC sliders now installed locally, we'll see how their owners feel about them fairly soon I would imagine.

I got to spend a few minutes on two wheels with the myewheels sliders today... very nice, very nice indeed. Both wheels are ridden hard with a lot of trail work and one gets jumped a lot so they do last a little while anyway! Things are looking up.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

I have the myewheels kit. It is very smooth, basically friction free. Compared to the sticky mess that was in there before, it's night and day.

The only drawback is that if you keep the rubber bottom-out stoppers / dust boots, you lose a bit of suspension travel. Removing the rubber bits will probably get full travel again, but I didn't notice the issue until I'd already fully reassembled everything, and I don't look forward to doing that job again. (Especially since I won't be riding much for the next few months anyway.)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MetricUSA said:

Holy cow, sadly I forgot to get a bloody link... But I just saw 2023 eagle update for the roller slides, and kingsong had an eight, yes EIGHT rollers per slide... Now I can't find what platform I saw the 'update'.... 

This? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1876404869187267/posts/2229136423914108

Can someone think of a reason beyond wear where having so many rollers would be beneficial? Unless the system has a noticeable amount of flex, the middle ones shouldn’t even be touching. Or am I missing something?

On 12/2/2022 at 10:02 PM, mrelwood said:

Can someone think of a reason beyond wear where having so many rollers would be beneficial?

You will notice in the video that a 4 roller version of this system is lying on the floor, possibly used in earlier testing before moving on to this 8 roller version (which we are now led to believe from this video announcement will become the New fitment.)

My take on the increase in rollers, is in order to extend the slider rails themselves up past the mudguard to help reduce the open area where dust/debris can easily be thrown into the channels from the tyre. The "T" shaped flange (or now more like "H" shape) appears to help enclose the slot in the channel from the tyre side somewhat.

At this stage we also do not know what other measures King Song will be taking to protect against dirt ingress (If Any)!

Edited by fbhb
  • Like 1

24 minutes ago, fbhb said:

You will notice in the video that a 4 roller version of this system is lying on the floor, possibly used in earlier testing before moving on to this 8 roller version (which we are now led to believe from this video announcement will become the New fitment.)

My take on the increase in rollers, is in order to extend the slider rails themselves up past the mudguard to help reduce the open area where dust/debris can easily be thrown into the channels from the tyre. The "T" shaped flange (or now more like "H" shape) appears to help enclose the slot in the channel from the tyre side somewhat.

At this stage we also do not know what other measures King Song will be taking to protect against dirt ingress!

For the CNC-Roller Bearing type sliders it seems dirt isnt that of a problem if at all (+absolutely no oil or grease needed)

Edited by onkeldanuel
  • Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

The benefit would be redundance, because the rollers were originally designed for shower doors, not side movement, holding two parts together...so more would spread the pressure across multiple rollers.... And as mentioned above the lower rollers can be seen coming out of the t-slot....

The only problem now is how to get my hands on these slides.... 

Edited by MetricUSA

The slider wheels may break.

Kingsong s22 cnc slider. Can you reuse them after a broken wheel?

343 subscribers

Nov 24, 2022

I'm trying it out for you so you can learn from my mistakes.

Can you reuse the cnc slider after a broken wheel?

Yes it is possible, but do not use a pulley puller.

*YouTuber not allowing video to be embedded. 

Need to view video in YouTube via link below,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dNds_HpVJbY&t=7s