MCM5 V2 Beeps 411

Hello all, got a question or two about the MCM5 V2 and the beeps.  I just got this wheel and have owned a couple GotBegodeway wheels in the past but my knowledge of them as far as beeps, top speed, etc is pretty limited.

Parameters:

EUC World app

Speed limit: Set to 42km/h

Alarms: Disabled

Speed alerts: Disabled

Display: metric

Right around 22 km/h I get 2 beeps, 30ish is 3 beeps, etc.  Any time I hear beeps on a wheel it raises my eyebrow.  On my T3, (Tesla), I got no beeps at all until I got close to the speed limit which was also around 42km/h.  So just wondering if I should be concerned or if it's just a normal thing for this wheel.  Also is there a way to turn off the beeps.  Thx in advance.

Edited by M640

2 beeps is the first speed alarm, 3 beeps the 2nd. So these alarms are just not off. (The 80% alarm is 5/continuous beeps and cannot be disabled.)

Make sure you disable the wheel beeps and not any internal EUC World alarms (or that EUCW doesn't re-enable them secretly.)

Worst case: try this old ass Gotway app (or any other app) and see if it can disable the alarms: https://forum.electricunicycle.org/applications/core/interface/file/attachment.php?id=11932

The 1st thru 3rd alarms are usually the first item I turn off.  So I've turned on my 1st and 2nd alarms then back off again for the 6th time.  Turned the app and wheel off then on again.  Now it appears they're gone.  I had the same dilemma with my Tesla and I had to do that procedure 3 times to get the beeps to go away.  I guess 6 was the magic number.  Good to know you just have to keep fu#$%ng with it and eventually it'll work.  Thanks for the response.  I also gave up a while ago trying to get imperial to work correctly on the Gotbegodeway wheels.  Lol, I'm ok with metric.

Edited by M640
  • Haha 1

On 10/22/2022 at 6:38 AM, blox1130 said:

unfortunately you just unknowingly ruined the internal beeper. EUC world breaks the internal beeper, at least on the mcm. i don't trust that app.

Well that's easy to test, pick the wheel up and let it max out.

On 10/20/2022 at 5:47 PM, M640 said:

Hello all, got a question or two about the MCM5 V2 and the beeps.  I just got this wheel and have owned a couple GotBegodeway wheels in the past but my knowledge of them as far as beeps, top speed, etc is pretty limited.

Parameters:

EUC World app

Speed limit: Set to 42km/h

Alarms: Disabled

Speed alerts: Disabled

Display: metric

Right around 22 km/h I get 2 beeps, 30ish is 3 beeps, etc.  Any time I hear beeps on a wheel it raises my eyebrow.  On my T3, (Tesla), I got no beeps at all until I got close to the speed limit which was also around 42km/h.  So just wondering if I should be concerned or if it's just a normal thing for this wheel.  Also is there a way to turn off the beeps.  Thx in advance.

yes it's correct, if you close the 1st and 2nd alarm the wheel will beep only at 80% which is around 42kmh at full battery

On 10/22/2022 at 3:38 PM, blox1130 said:

unfortunately you just unknowingly ruined the internal beeper. EUC world breaks the internal beeper, at least on the mcm. i don't trust that app.

How comes? All apps just send commands to the firmware to set or read some values. Beside maybe ota firmware updates.

Would be strange if an app could ruin some wheels hardware components.

Would be imho strange if the wheels hardware could ruin the beeper at all!

Could your experience has been just some strange coincidence or do you have some more details to this?

Should be interesting for @Seba(and other developers) to prevent such flaws in the future!

Never heard of any such firmware flaws which could cause such nasty side effects...

• Like 1

I've had this issue on the Darknessbot app for my MCM5 v2.  The alarm disabled setting did not seem to take when I first turned it off in the app.  Eventually I got frustrated and absolutely spammed the button to disable it like 100 times and that did the trick :)

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

On 10/25/2022 at 4:09 PM, Chriull said:

Should be interesting for @Seba(and other developers) to prevent such flaws in the future!

There's no flaw. Sometimes people blame EUC World for their own faults, ignorance, lack of technical expertise or just bad Gotway/Begode quality. We both know that there's  no way to "ruin" the beeper by the app.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
6 minutes ago, blox1130 said:

@SebaPerhaps you are just ignorant and haven't actually the expertise to have tested it for yourself. Bit embarrassing really.

Do you realize that Seba is a very highly regarded, very highly respected member of this forum?

He is the creator of the EUC World app, which he provides free of charge to everyone in the community.

Financial contributions for his work is voluntary, not mandatory.

Regardless, perhaps your comments need to be polite in all circumstances.

@Paul A His app is faulty then resorts to a personal and underhanded statement. I do not apologize for sending his words back to him. "Very highly regarded and respected" mean nothing to me.

Wheel log has no such problems and neither does the Begode app. Only EUC world. Confirmed by tests.

@blox1130

Seba's comment was:

"Sometimes people blame EUC World for their own faults, ignorance, lack of technical expertise or just bad Gotway/Begode quality."

The word "people"

Dictionary
Definitions from Oxford Languages · Learn more
people
/ˈpiːp(ə)l/

human beings in general or considered collectively.
       "the earthquake killed 30,000 people"
the members of a particular nation, community, or ethnic group.
       "the native peoples of Canada"

It was not a personal and underhanded statement, because it was not in reference to one person.

@Paul A The fact that he made that statement while offering no other comments on my issue implies that I was one of those people. Ignorant and clueless.

My MCM had no internal wheel beeps after installing EUC world. The only way I could get alarms/beeps to work is to have the Wheel Log app running. Without Wheel log running and in the foreground no alarms would be triggered. Begode app made no difference and I couldn't reset any alarms.

Those are the facts. What else can I assume other than EUC World in some way has stopped my wheel from being able to trigger its alarms on its own?

I ran Begode app and Wheel log for months without problems and then I wanted to try EUC world because I thought it looked better. Even after uninstalling EUC world the problem persists. I asked for help here which is the reason I have an account on this forum in the first place. No one could help. No one cared.

To say that I am irritated about the issue is an understatement. Especially considering the creator himself lays the blame on my supposed "incompetence" rather than offering help.

And to further clarify, I am not an experienced programmer. However, I have experience with assembling, designing, and building several types of EVs including EUCs as well as electric motors. Hardly someone who is lacking in technical expertise I would assume?

Edited by blox1130

@Paul A It's ok man. I don't really use the MCM anymore. Had he not said anything provocative and wrong I wouldn't have even bothered to post.

EUC world seems to work fine for other people so maybe it's just specific. It seems to be working on my other wheel, so it's probably just something exclusive to the MCM5.

Edited by blox1130

On 10/22/2022 at 3:38 PM, blox1130 said:

55 minutes ago, blox1130 said:

My MCM had no internal wheel beeps after installing EUC world. The only way I could get alarms/beeps to work is to have the Wheel Log app running. Without Wheel log running and in the foreground no alarms would be triggered. Begode app made no difference and I couldn't reset any alarms.

So EUC World disables by some settings the internal beeper and does not ruin or break it irreversible?!

Installing another app brings the beeps back? So most likely just some settings "problem".

With, afaik some beeps with most wheels cannot be disabled at all.

46 minutes ago, blox1130 said:

My MCM had no internal wheel beeps after installing EUC world.

Coincidence. Have you heard about coincidences? This way I could say that EUC World updates cause weather to worsen. Here is the proof - when I released 2.20 update, rain has started to fall and outside temperature dropped.

47 minutes ago, blox1130 said:

And to further clarify, I am not an experienced programmer. However, I have experience with assembling, designing, and building several types of EVs including EUCs as well as electric motors. Hardly someone who is lacking in technical expertise I would assume?

Do you want to prove that I'm wrong and/or you're right? Provide us detailed explanation how EUC World caused the buzzer to fail. Because "My MCM had no internal wheel beeps after installing EUC world" is not an explanation and definitely doesn't prove anything. This is the common way uneducated people try to explain things they don't understand. If EUC World would cause buzzers to fail, lot of MCM5 users would report this issue. Issue that is impossible to cause by any app, as buzzer is controlled solely by mainboard. EUC World can only send a command to perform a "beep" in the same way Begode app does. It's a single command - "beep". No parameters that could change frequency, pattern, intensity or duration.

• Upvote 1

The only relevant thing that can be changed is volume.

A volume of 1 in mcm5 makes it very hard to hear (except from the PWM alarm that is forced played on full volume).

But that would require Euc world to auto-set the volume to 1 on startup and other apps to set it on 9 also on startup. Seems unlikely!