146V already!

RagingGrandpa

Gotway / Begod / Extremebull seem to have a 146V system working already. Wow.

https://www.facebook.com/feichebiao/posts/pfbid0FYE9rTMGB3HsZfCPUjRPs1Mi32XYs7SUsP7SWMXiyPtFKiGqiiwJvtpne1vV5d4kl
This is an exciting moment, and it is also the first time for me to reach the speed of 100kmh+  on a PEV ! 
Because the new design of #K6 has incomparable stability, I can safely unscrew the limit of the switch handle, which is great!
K6:
3500WH / 146v ,Lithium iron phosphate safety explosion-proof Battery
3500wh *2  Motor

Edited by RagingGrandpa
  • Like 1

This is with LFP cells. 146V is 40s, so for EUCs this would be 168V.

Or if we go by voltage, even 36s is already way more than 146V and we already have 134.4V at 32s. There's no nice number in between.

So not sure this translates to any EUC/4.2V Li-Ion cell vehicles in a meaningful way. Unless they want to switch to LFP.

Or we really get 168V - a simple 4p battery is 2960Wh already, yes please:dribble:And they could use their old 84V stuff and just serialize it.

168V or bust!

Edited by meepmeepmayer
s, not p :-/

It's easy to stick more batteries together and make a 600V pack... but it's hard to make a controller survive 600V. 

I'm just encouraged that they've managed an electronic design that withstands 146V. 

For our (more hazardous) NCM cells, we could envision 34s "142V" (142.8V) or even 35s "147V" with such components. Exciting!

Edited by RagingGrandpa
  • Like 1

More batteries,more weight,less manouvreable and a pain in the ass to lug around.I want speed, safety and distance in a portable wheel,not something the size of a couch and the weight of a 49rs linebacker!

1 hour ago, alcatraz said:

146V isn't divisible by 4.2v or 3.7v so it's hard to confirm the chemistry.

liFePo4 is 3.2 nominal 3.65 charging end, so this looks like 40S

I cannot see the point in all of this, near 100kph requires a battery technology breakthrough.

on the plus side, we do not have any over 100kph face plants on YT yet, so there is room for greatness. 

on a more serious note, 146V on liFepo4 is not a new board, it is the master board with  lifepo4, ~130 volt system, a master with no voltage drop but sudden death. 

Edited by enaon
  • Like 2

59 minutes ago, enaon said:

liFePo4 is 3.2 nominal 3.65 charging end, so this looks like 40S

I cannot see the point in all of this, near 100kph requires a battery technology breakthrough.

on the plus side, we do not have any over 100kph face plants on YT yet, so there is room for greatness. 

on a more serious note, 146V on liFepo4 is not a new board, it is the master board with  lifepo4, ~130 volt system, a master with no voltage drop but sudden death. 

Thanks. Aha, so they charge to 3.65v. Then it comes out to a perfect 40S. Cool.

On 9/16/2022 at 9:14 PM, RagingGrandpa said:

Gotway / Begod / Extremebull seem to have a 146V system working already. Wow.

Thats a scooter though, not an EUC... I dont even want to know what a 3.5kWh lifepo battery weighs.

On 9/17/2022 at 6:16 AM, alcatraz said:

A 3500Wh Lifepo battery must weigh a ton.

7 hours ago, mhpr262 said:

I dont even want to know what a 3.5kWh lifepo battery weighs.

I was tempted to answer that it would not be prohibitively heavy to use LFP, because battery weight isn't even half of EUC weight, so how bad can it be.

But then I did the math, and.. ouch! You're right!

Assuming 3000mAh 3.2V per cell and 70g for a 21700 cell, the closest number is 360 cells (9*40, 3456Wh) which alone would weigh 25.2kg (55.6lbs). No thanks!!

For comparison, 3600Wh with our Li-Ion cells is 192 cells and 13.4kg (30lbs). Nearly double the weight for LFP!

On 9/17/2022 at 1:22 AM, enaon said:

146V on liFepo4 is not a new board, it is the master board with  lifepo4, ~130 volt system

Hmm, could you help me understand why?

I think the control board does not care what battery chemistry supplies it... 142V from a NMC pack or 142V from a LFP pack put the same demands on the control board.

And the Master controller design uses FETs with a withstand of just 150V, therefore it's unlikely to be used in K06 @ 146V and very little headroom...
and it's certainly not 'the same exact controller as Master' since K06 has two motors.

32 minutes ago, RagingGrandpa said:

Hmm, could you help me understand why?

due to the discharge characteristics on the lifepo4, they go near 3.2 and stay there if load is applied, they do not have a voltage drop curve like the lion, so this is a 3.2 X40 system when working. 

sure it will not be the excact same, but it is like 116 lifepo4 and 100 lion, same board tech, different battery chemistry. 

Edited by enaon

22 minutes ago, RagingGrandpa said:

Ok, I remember that trend... RS Resolute with 116V working on standard RS controllers with 125V ratings. So perhaps this K6 is just a 150V-rated controller, not some new design.

yes, the real problem with lifepo4 and unicycles is that a new, very good, algorithm must be applied to the the wheel to get the capacity state, voltage will not provide this info. So I think lifepo4 is far from really being an option on gotway.

Edited by enaon