Sherman-S 3600wh: 100V, 20", suspension, 97lb

21 hours ago, Chester Copperpot said:

It’s strange how different peoples experiences can be. He doesn’t like the cornering and has no wobbles. Mine corners great but I’ve got tons of wobble above 20 mph. 

I think how you ride, your gear setup, and your brain make everything different for each rider.   I have a hard time going slow on mine because it’s so easy to go fast. 

lol, I crashed because of this. Irony. 

it’s a smooth stable ride for me. I need to get used to riding faster than my v11 takes me.

Edited by Paulyd75

6 hours ago, Poker said:

I'm curious as to how it holds up tumbling down the street.

I saw a french guy get hit by car(in video section). The truck stopped atop of the sherman-S. Lucky the guy had topnotch gear. So he was ok. But the truck still had its wheel over the sherman-S. Turns out he only changed one pedal. That is the hardest hit I seen so far to the wheel. If you have a hard crash, remember to take your wheel to inspection check-up.

I assume the scratch on metallic surface could be filed and painted if something happens to the wheel in crash. Lookin at the first batches, I would prolly take extra water protection service /inspection to first batch or early wheels from shop.

Some people don't like stock pedals too, but that is nothin new I gues. If you on safe side, just wait to see long term usage reviews. 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, vBlitz said:

The biggest crash is probably the 50mph one seen on telegram. Broken rear handle, but otherwise it doesn't seem to be too damaged.

The outcome of a crash can be very unpredictable and can cause varying degree of damage.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

38 minutes ago, novazeus said:

well, this saved me money.

i was tempted, but not now. 

Do we even know if this story is credible? Haven't heard of anything like this with the ss. It's been out there for a bit now and nobody has reported anything like this . I'm skeptical of stories like this with no real evidence or backstory. Maybe there is , maybe it's a credible person that everyone knows here, but until i read that. I'm remaining on the fence about this one also. He has it sitting next to him and doesn't even say" look, see what it does" and show us the error. If that's the item in question let's see it beep and say a sensor error, should only take a second to power it up and stand on it to show us.

• Upvote 1

55 minutes ago, novazeus said:

well, this saved me money.

i was tempted, but not now. 

I'm assuming that you have decided to never buy any EUC?  I doubt that there is any EUC made that didn't have one single unit fail, so you presumably would rule out buying any, at all, ever.

• Upvote 2

48 minutes ago, KiwiMark said:

I'm assuming that you have decided to never buy any EUC?  I doubt that there is any EUC made that didn't have one single unit fail, so you presumably would rule out buying any, at all, ever.

well, i've bought 11 wheels so far, so that would be an incorrect assumption.

i've seen the teardown videos, and the wiring and other parts seem to lack attention to detail.

and i don't like to say never, but i'll never buy a gotway/begode wheel because of shoddy workmanship, as least as far as i can tell from videos. 

and them winning the firestarter thing. 

ur money, u buy what u want. maybe if their attention to detail improves, i'll look again. 

fire safety is my number one concern. any of them will move me from point a to point b. maybe not in my pastures, but on pavement, any should work, if the wiring or electronics don't fail.

i'm trying not to buy wheels that need working on. i have enough mechanical ranch shit i have to keep running. if a wheel fails, i walk, nbd. if my tractor or backhoe fail, i have to wrench on them.

i know for lots of people on this forum, this is a hobby and they get great satisfaction out of playing/wrenching on wheels, i don't. 

and isn't the leaperkim veteran sherman s fairly new to the market? give it time and more problems may arise.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, novazeus said:

well, i've bought 11 wheels so far, so that would be an incorrect assumption.

Well, none of what you posted lines up with your previous post about a single Sherman S having some sort of hall sensor fault and you proclaiming that you were no longer tempted to buy a Sherman S. You certainly gave the impression that a single fault in a single unit was enough to make you decide that you wouldn't buy the wheel.  If that wasn't the point you were making on your post then I'm afraid your point eludes me.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, KiwiMark said:

Well, none of what you posted lines up with your previous post about a single Sherman S having some sort of hall sensor fault and you proclaiming that you were no longer tempted to buy a Sherman S. You certainly gave the impression that a single fault in a single unit was enough to make you decide that you wouldn't buy the wheel.  If that wasn't the point you were making on your post then I'm afraid your point eludes me.

i just told u i watched the teardown videos and the workmanship looks sloppy to me, the guy with the failed unit just confirmed what i've seen. maybe urs will not, lets hope so. 

i've never had a bad hall sensor in any previous wheel, so idk how to fix that. 

the only point i'm making is, this wheel won't get purchased by me. 

i hope urs is perfect!

4 hours ago, Punxatawneyjoe said:

Do we even know if this story is credible? Haven't heard of anything like this with the ss. It's been out there for a bit now and nobody has reported anything like this . I'm skeptical of stories like this with no real evidence or backstory. Maybe there is , maybe it's a credible person that everyone knows here, but until i read that. I'm remaining on the fence about this one also. He has it sitting next to him and doesn't even say" look, see what it does" and show us the error. If that's the item in question let's see it beep and say a sensor error, should only take a second to power it up and stand on it to show us.

Yes, it's credible. In the same post he provided picture with error hall message and  short footage of him performing a trail ride, during which Sherman just cut out from under his legs. Fortunately it happened on a very low speed.

In the comments someone else said, that he had the same thing with his Sherman S, and In his case it was because of the sloppy wiring In the motor. 

image.thumb.png.dbfc7c343d123a6057cfb45dc1a5307f.png

Edited by Xeranos
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, Xeranos said:

In the comments someone else said, that he had the same thing with his Sherman S, and In his case it was because of the sloppy wiring In the motor. 

Oh wow, 2 examples of a hall sensor issue, that is definitely a bit more concerning than only one instance.  Hopefully this doesn't happen with my Sherman S and also hopefully Leaper Kim will come up with a reliable fix for anyone that does have this issue.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Xeranos said:

Yes, it's credible. In the same post he provided picture with error hall message and  short footage of him performing a trail ride, during which Sherman just cut out from under his legs. Fortunately it happened on a very low speed.

image.thumb.png.dbfc7c343d123a6057cfb45dc1a5307f.png

..... so they guy commenting had opened up his motor?

16 minutes ago, KiwiMark said:

Oh wow, 2 examples of a hall sensor issue, that is definitely a bit more concerning than only one instance.  Hopefully this doesn't happen with my Sherman S and also hopefully Leaper Kim will come up with a reliable fix for anyone that does have this issue.

I agree....... 2 is concerning 

• Like 1

Oh boy, I hope it isn't going to be like the Abrams production release all over again.

The Abrams had hall sensors related issues that caused cutouts. 

It seems that only Veteran is cursed with hall sensor related issues with new motors.

Well it is still too early to tell how wide spread this issue potentially is.

Edited by techyiam

43 minutes ago, KiwiMark said:

I am in the same boat with you guys.... The Sherman S will be my 3rd wheel from the Leaperkim. I did about 10k km on OG Sherman and almost 8k on MAX. I have never had any problems with these wheels, so I hope that this hall error will not be my case as well. But it is still very worrisome, especially considering the fact that due to the snow in Poland I won't be able to  test this thing properly.

So if there are hall sensor issue(s) with the wheel will it manifest itself in the beginning or could it happen at any time? I think Eevees sold around 30 (I could be wrong) batch 1 wheels so I will inquire with them if any customers have had any hall sensor related errors.

21 minutes ago, UPONIT said:

Hopefully this is just a couple of coincidental failures, not a larger issue.

Yes I hope so because I'm going ahead with the Sherman S regardless. I doesn't bother me being a guinea pig for future Sherman S owners, I suppose someone has to.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1