Sherman-S 3600wh: 100V, 20", suspension, 97lb

10 hours ago, MrMonoWheel said:

Just saw these on AliExpress, looks real nice for less than 200 USD. 

https://a.aliexpress.com/_mOPFmUE

I ordered a set.  The dihedral angle angle on the stock pedals bothers me so much, I couldnr wait.  

Ive never ordered from aliexpress so have a few wonderings:

1. Do you think these are actually in stock or am I gonna have to wait 3 months before these get produced and ship?

2. Are these an official Leaperkim product?  If so, I wonder if these are the pedals that would be coming on batch 3 wheels...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, superox said:

I'm considering upgrading to a big suspension wheel come springtime, but worry because I live on the second floor in a house without an elevator. Sherman and similar wheels with handles at both ends and not in the center are also notoriously hard to carry up stairs. So I wonder: could I trolley or push a Sherman S up stairs to my apartment?

Each step is 14 cm in height and 30 cm in depth, so about 25 degree angle. The steps are made of somewhat worn concrete.

If you're able to push your wheel up and down stairs instead of carrying, then could you measure how tall and wide the steps on it are?

What do you mean? Two handles make them much easier to carry, you also use your leg for leverage.

Personally I would never go above 40kg though, carrying up to my home being one of the reasons, SherMax is heavy enough.

Trolley up stairs wheel it can slip and you gonna do a burnout in the stairs of your building possibly disturbing neighbors and leaving a smell of burnt rubber.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, wstuart said:

I ordered a set.  The dihedral angle angle on the stock pedals bothers me so much, I couldnr wait.  

Ive never ordered from aliexpress so have a few wonderings:

1. Do you think these are actually in stock or am I gonna have to wait 3 months before these get produced and ship?

2. Are these an official Leaperkim product?  If so, I wonder if these are the pedals that would be coming on batch 3 wheels...

Oh yeah they are definitely in stock, I'd expect shipping to be anywhere between 2-6 weeks depending on where you are located. Sometimes it goes much faster, others slower. I'm not sure if they are an official LK product but it would make sense as GTKing seems to be getting new official LK parts in every day.

5 minutes ago, Rawnei said:

Two handles make them much easier to carry, ...

+1

I rarely use the trolley handle on my Abrams. 

I roll my Abrams up stairs by pushing on the rear handle.

I roll my Abrams down by holding on both front and rear handles. 

Edited by techyiam

1 minute ago, MrMonoWheel said:

Oh yeah they are definitely in stock, I'd expect shipping to be anywhere between 2-6 weeks depending on where you are located. Sometimes it goes much faster, others slower. I'm not sure if they are an official LK product but it would make sense as GTKing seems to be getting new official LK parts in every day.

I'm in San Diego.  Can't wait to get these!

22 minutes ago, techyiam said:

+1

I rarely use the trolley handle on my Abrams. 

I roll my Abrams up stairs by pushing on the rear handle.

I roll my Abrams down by holding on both front and rear handles. 

Fun fact with suspension you just walk it down by with the trolley handle, makes things much easier. 😁

10 minutes ago, Rawnei said:

Fun fact with suspension you just walk it down by with the trolley handle, makes things much easier. 😁

Perhaps with suspension, and if the trolley handle is strong enough. Otherwise, the trolley handle can fail in fatigue with use.

If your trolley handles on your S22 and Master are holding up, that is good to know.

I know Kevin at e-rides talk about frequent fatigue failure of the plastic clamps that hold the trolley handle telescoping tubing in the Sherman, Sherman Max, and the Abrams.

I tried not to use the trolley handle on my Abrams because it feels way too flimsy, regardless of suspension. 

5 minutes ago, techyiam said:

Perhaps with suspension, and if the trolley handle is strong enough. Otherwise, the trolley handle can fail in fatigue with use.

If your trolley handles on your S22 and Master are holding up, that is good to know.

I know Kevin at e-rides talk about frequent fatigue failure of the plastic clamps that hold the trolley handle telescoping tubing in the Sherman, Sherman Max, and the Abrams.

I tried not to use the trolley handle on my Abrams because it feels way too flimsy, regardless of suspension. 

There is no stress as the suspension is dampening it, it goes down smoothly.

2 hours ago, superox said:

I'm considering upgrading to a big suspension wheel come springtime, but worry because I live on the second floor in a house without an elevator. Sherman and similar wheels with handles at both ends and not in the center are also notoriously hard to carry up stairs. So I wonder: could I trolley or push a Sherman S up stairs to my apartment?

Each step is 14 cm in height and 30 cm in depth, so about 25 degree angle. The steps are made of somewhat worn concrete.

If you're able to push your wheel up and down stairs instead of carrying, then could you measure how tall and wide the steps on it are?

In general sounds like something you could work with. But like others said there is a real risk of accident too. The wheel is heavy and there is risk movin it in tight stairways. The wheel will roll up but it wont get up steady on the step cause it is rather small, 30cm only has room for feet. When you go downward with the wheel, the trolly handle are _very_ common thing to break, over period of time not the first try.. If you carry it, that would take all your effort and you might end up with backpains if nothing else.

I think in long term this could be risky move, and I am sure there are people who have stairs (prolly with more space on steps) and they cope with it but you only need to fall once and it could be real bad. Could you look for some space elsewhere, and maybe mount hinges and box, then use lock? Usually people get permits to do these kind of modifications pretty easy if you make you case well. Maybe some solution that you could keep it where bicycles are? 

8 minutes ago, Rawnei said:

There is no stress as the suspension is dampening it, it goes down smoothly.

Interesting. How fast are you rolling down?

I have only five steps to go down and then I will hit a door. So, I lower the wheel one step at a time. That is why I need to hold onto the front and rear bars.

9 minutes ago, techyiam said:

Interesting. How fast are you rolling down?

I have only five steps to go down and then I will hit a door. So, I lower the wheel one step at a time. That is why I need to hold onto the front and rear bars.

You just go down normal walking speed, without the suspension wheel bounces so you can't do that, with suspension it just smoothly rolls each step so you just push it down at normal pace.

15 minutes ago, Rawnei said:

You just go down normal walking speed, without the suspension wheel bounces so you can't do that, with suspension it just smoothly rolls each step so you just push it down at normal pace.

Wow that is pretty good.

That implies that the wheel can brake almost continuously as gravity pulls on it.

Suspension is working well then.

from Ewheels:

Hello and good evening, 

The Sherman-S batch 2 [improved bearings] container has made landfall last Friday, we're expecting to have these orders shipped out by mid-week. 

If you're in a position to settle the remaining balance, and have not already paid, here is a link for the balance paymentIf your current order has more than the $1k deposit, we can invoice the adjusted balance on an individualized basis. 
  • Like 3

On 12/29/2022 at 9:07 AM, wstuart said:

...I know I am just a half turn with a screw driver away from lowering it to the perfect height for me.   My experience with suspension wheels has always been that I think they feel too high at first so I lower the suspension and as I get used to the wheel I raise the suspension higher and run it stiffer.  The same will happen here.

How do you intent to change the ride height with a screwdriver?

Preload, compression nor rebound will affect the ride height, unless you intend to "preload" well beyond your normal static load – which really wouldn't be advised.

On 12/29/2022 at 9:41 AM, wstuart said:

The EX is about as bottom heavy as you can get...

Bar-har-har!

Yup, I feel ya. I had the exact same experience my self... Oh wait, that's not what you meant: 😅

On 1/2/2023 at 5:27 AM, MrMonoWheel said:

Honestly they are in such a spot that you would be hard pressed to damage them. The only way I can see anything happening is if you are doing some extremely gnarly offroading with massive rocks that can stab up and shatter the (admittedly durable) plastic cover. Normal crashes and drops won't make contact with this area as the tire and battery housing form a triangle that protects this area.

Just out of curiosity, what would you say is the most likely part of an ECU to be struck?
I would have said the bottom part of the shell, right below where the peddles attach, pretty much exactly where those wires are myself: 🤷‍♂️

6 hours ago, superox said:

could I trolley or push a Sherman S up stairs to my apartment?
The steps are made of somewhat worn concrete.

Honestly, you'll be fine.

The wheel more or less walks itself up steps perfectly easy. My only concern would be potentially burning carpet if the wheel were to spin but on concrete you'll be fine.

37 minutes ago, Slartibartfast said:

Preload, compression nor rebound will affect the ride height, unless you intend to "preload" well beyond your normal static load – which really wouldn't be advised.

I was messing with compression today.  It seemed like changing the compression affected ride height. - I didn't measure or anything but it seemed lower with less compression.

1 hour ago, Slartibartfast said:

Bar-har-har!

Yup, I feel ya. I had the exact same experience my self... Oh wait, that's not what you meant: 😅

Just out of curiosity, what would you say is the most likely part of an ECU to be struck?
I would have said the bottom part of the shell, right below where the peddles attach, pretty much exactly where those wires are myself: 🤷‍♂️

Honestly, you'll be fine.

The wheel more or less walks itself up steps perfectly easy. My only concern would be potentially burning carpet if the wheel were to spin but on concrete you'll be fine.

Idk how that part would be struck unless you are riding among huge rocks. I'd say the most likely part of an EUC to sustain impact would be the sides.

4 minutes ago, KiwiMark said:

I'm so jealous, clearly the shipping to USA is faster than to NZ.  My V12HT shipped out ~3 weeks before the Sherman S did, and the V12HT hasn't arrived yet.

ewheels say the ship landed on friday and they expect the wheels to be sent from their store mid week. it generally takes another 5/7 days for the wheel to be delivered to North Carolina from there.

4 minutes ago, Steve Evans said:

ewheels say the ship landed on friday and they expect the wheels to be sent from their store mid week. it generally takes another 5/7 days for the wheel to be delivered to North Carolina from there.

I doubt that my wheel will turn up before February - the Sherman S I mean.  My V12HT might turn up next week or the week after, maybe.  This is no different to my Kaabo Mantis Pro or my Begode RS, they each turned up OK, but the wait was excruciating. Pity that it is only Santa that can deliver around the entire world within 24 hours.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, KiwiMark said:

I doubt that my wheel will turn up before February - the Sherman S I mean.  My V12HT might turn up next week or the week after, maybe.  This is no different to my Kaabo Mantis Pro or my Begode RS, they each turned up OK, but the wait was excruciating. Pity that it is only Santa that can deliver around the entire world within 24 hours.

Realizing you are in NZ makes me love your username that much more.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, KiwiMark said:

I think it may be a proximity, or hemisphere sharing thing!

21 minutes ago, DragonFZ said:

Got me Sherman S today

Welcome and congratulations.  If you suck at riding like I do, there will be a learning curve!

I'm at mile 60 and I already feel so so much more confident than in the first 20 miles.  

Also, really try to get the pad setup right.  I love the no-name pads I have on it now.  I tried Clark pads, Nylonove and Grizzlas, and none of work as well for me as the foam ones I have on it now. 

• Like 2

On 1/8/2023 at 11:30 AM, MrMonoWheel said:

You were right!....... they already shipped.  It says I should get them by Jan 30th.  I hope they work as well as they look.