EUC World 2.10 is out

Seba

4 hours ago, Tawpie said:

Ah. Thank you, that’s what I have set now, but the plug turns itself off anyway.

Could be the "disable battery balancing" option enabled? This option has not disabling balancing - it means that the plug turns off/stops charging once power dissipation drops below afair 30W.

This could maybe override your disabled "disconnect on finish" and choosen "no limit" option?

Or this is related somehow with KS firmware behaviour?

Maybe something to be reported to @Seba?

4 hours ago, Tawpie said:

If I let my 16x sit in charger for 3 hours after green, it ends up at 83.9v, but when the HS110 cuts it off the post-charge voltage is 83.6. Probably not a problem

Definitely not a problem. That's just some last fraction of the capacity trickle charged into the battery.

At, for example https://lygte-info.dk/review/batteries2012/LG 21700 M50 5000mAh (Grey) UK.html a real charge diagram is shown (as last diagram) as it should be for our li ion cells.

One see nicely how voltage settles a bit again after charging.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Chriull said:

Could be the "disable battery balancing" option enabled?

lol. That's the one setting that's absolutely not enabled! The 83.9 and 83.6V (app readings) are after 2-3 hours of sitting there powered off after the charger was disconnected or unplugged by the HS110. It's pretty much the 'settled' voltage.

9 minutes ago, Seba said:

No, the balancing period is fixed at 1 hour.

Just to understand - EUC World recognices the transition fron CC to CV and adds an hour?

Or you realized this differently?

9 minutes ago, Seba said:

I will add an option to define shorter/longer balancing period in next release.

Personally I'd like very much to see some power limit ~~ charging current threshold again, as this regards the cell manufacturers datasheet specifications.

• Like 1

Arggg. went to use eucw on my galaxy and its asking for logins again. Is there a way to shut off premium features, disable logging and be able to use eucw as a basic standalone that simply relays info?

Edited by ShanesPlanet

On 12/9/2021 at 12:13 PM, Chriull said:

Just to understand - EUC World recognices the transition fron CC to CV and adds an hour?

I think I know the answer...

No.
EUC World considers charging "done" when the charger draws less than 30W. It does not know or care about the peak-power CC-CV transition.
If "disable balancing," it turns off 1 minute after 30W is reached.
If not "disable balancing," it turns off 60 minutes after 30W is reached.

At least, that's what I observed :)

• Like 3

4 hours ago, ShanesPlanet said:

Is there a way to shut off premium features, disable logging and be able to use eucw as a basic standalone that simply relays info

burner EUCW account? I don't remember if it asked for verification of the email when I created my account, but if it doesn't it seems like a totally bogus account could work.

3 hours ago, Tawpie said:

burner EUCW account? I don't remember if it asked for verification of the email when I created my account, but if it doesn't it seems like a totally bogus account could work.

Im paid up as premium user for another year or more. I dont mind supporting developers, but I DO MIND having to be near wifi or logging in information on this tiny phone. Hell, Ill have to go find my cheat sheet with hundreds of stupid logins and passwords written in pencil.  This aint the first time eucw has made me relog over the last cpla yrs. It may have something to do with updates. Catch 22, you gotta verify login or devs can't track who's paid, I guess.:(

Edited by ShanesPlanet

47 minutes ago, EMA said:

website problem now ?

I've been making some changes that caused API to be unavailable for some time, but now everything should be OK.

• Like 2

@Seba In this latest version, is there a way to view a list of the alarms that were triggered in the current / last ride? Is that info included in the log already?

Short of activating voice mode on alarms, it can be difficult to tell which alarms were actually triggered. It would be nice to have a quick place to look for them when riding or right after the ride. 

Edited by Patrick Robert

2 hours ago, Patrick Robert said:

@Seba In this latest version, is there a way to view a list of the alarms that were triggered in the current / last ride? Is that info included in the log already?

Short of activating voice mode on alarms, it can be difficult to tell which alarms were actually triggered. It would be nice to have a quick place to look for them when riding or right after the ride. 

Alarms are recorded both in tours and in data logs. In tours they are displayed as a dots at the corresponding chart and this is the easiest way to analyze where/when and what alarms has been raised. In data logs they are encoded into "alarm" field as a bit mask.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Seba said:

In tours they are displayed as a dots at the corresponding chart and this is the easiest

Thanks for this! I got the details on an alarm on my last ride. It is easy, I just never noticed. Good old EUC World, lots of little gems hidden everywhere!

I did notice that the info on the graph doesn't appear to show the same value range for amperage and wattage on the tour graphs as compared to the app on the graph and stats pages during the ride. The app reports much higher numbers than in the tour. Is it only happening to me? Which one is right? 😕

Oh, and I would still love a "start with delay" feature for the charge control. For letting the wheel warm back up to room temp before charging, when riding in winter. A countdown timer display would be awesome! I would just hook everything up and start the timer, et voilà! Perhaps in an upcoming version, pretty please? 😁

1 hour ago, Patrick Robert said:

I did notice that the info on the graph doesn't appear to show the same value range for amperage and wattage on the tour graphs as compared to the app on the graph and stats pages during the ride. The app reports much higher numbers than in the tour. Is it only happening to me? Which one is right? 😕

This is because current and power values shown by the app are momentary values, while the same values on tour are averaged. I plan to add option of detailed tour data recording, that will also include min/max values so you won't miss any peaks or dips.

1 hour ago, Patrick Robert said:

Oh, and I would still love a "start with delay" feature for the charge control. For letting the wheel warm back up to room temp before charging, when riding in winter. A countdown timer display would be awesome! I would just hook everything up and start the timer, et voilà! Perhaps in an upcoming version, pretty please? 😁

It will be added in next version :) Also there's a chance that TP-Link P110 will be supported, as an alternative to HS110 that is no longer manufactured.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, InfiniteWheelie said:

Where is the iphone version?

In your dreams :P

Developing for a different OS is a lot of work. Painful work, if you personally don't enjoy the OS. EUC World is a pet project of a single EUC enthusiast; it's not a 'commercial product.' He's on Android, so it's on Android.

Android devices are cheap. Grab a wifi-only smarphone or tablet, and save your cellphone from risk of fumbles while riding.

• Like 3

13 hours ago, InfiniteWheelie said:

Where is the iphone version?

having a burner android also saves your iPhone battery so you can use it to... talk to people? You don't need a data plan to use EUCWorld on the burner, it'll sync your tour when you get back to Wifi, and if you want to share your tour live, you can tether the burner to your iPhone.

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...