Mango

if someone was really concerned, it wouldn't be difficult to build a quarter inch thick steel box to store them in. it might melt that, the fire is so hot, but it would burn thru the one inch steel plate safes i used to put in for diebold. it wasn't easy cutting a hole in them with a torch for after hours depositories.

bank security equip and brick and mortar banks are going the way of buggy whips, so if there's a diebold office near u, u might inquire about  used safe, if u think ur floor can handle the weight. a safe for three eucs would weigh a ton, literally, 2000 pounds. if ur near me, and u would guard Bob with ur life, i could install it for u. 

no vault doors, i'm done with installing vault doors. vaults would be great for fire suppresion, but horrible for moisture, all that concrete has to cure. 

i don't know much about the battery assembly process, but i gotta think crashing ur wheel repeatedly, probably isn't good for it. or moisture. i'm real careful with this china made 2200wh bluetti powerstation.

i'm living in a shipping container. they will burn thru a container. pelican boxes will rust rifles inside, not moisture proof. better than a garbage bag though.

florida is vastly different from las vegas or texas. no moisture out there. my hair proves that.

out of stock but i'm sure they'll get more in. the s22 ans s18 would fit. 

this with rechargeable dessicant packs for outdoor shaded storage would be nicer than garbage bags. kinda pricey, but would keep the ants out.

ya, u would be a badass showing up with ur v13 encased in foam in a pelican for ur next group ride. keep ur glock inside with it.

https://www.pelican.com/us/en/product/cases/transport-case/protector/1690

Edited by novazeus

20 minutes ago, Robse said:

Sue?  to make a famous quote:  "Tell me, Mr. Anderson. What good is a phone call, if you're unable… to speak"   what good is money, when your body is half destroyed?.  Oh, the V13 will burn too,  right conditions given.  Lithium cells are shit.

yeah i have a stupid saying, "history hasn't been written yet". 

meaning the jury is still out on the safety of batteries. i have no choice.

but of all the cordless batteries for chainsaws, drills, circular saws, etc i have, i never gave a thought to them causing a fire, it wasn't until my inmotion v10f did i become aware, and i loved that wheel. too bad inmotion sent me back somebody else's trashed wheel after the recall repair.

i'm definitely not anybody's fanboy, they are just another tool i need right now.

Edited by novazeus

2 minutes ago, Cerbera said:

Well look at how big the fire had to be before we moved from Hydrogen to Helium ?!

image.thumb.png.3b32fce5bf1bbd977bbec9e60b81f4fd.png

Lithium will be viewed the same way once we find something safer.

yeah, that's what three euc's on fire looks like. trust me, there were about 50-70 firefighters and cops here. they'll be lots of questions. keep ur begode manual handy, haha, just kidding.

Video of a blanket used on an EV fire.

Seems effective, but if it hasn't been adopted for use by professional firefighters worldwide, in the nearly three years since date of video.....

Centro Zaragoza tests the Bridgehill Fire Blanket on an electric vehicle

Feb 14, 2020

this would work nicely. u might not be able to open it after a fire but being airtight, i would think it would contain the fire somewhat. 

what is ur house and family worth?

these fireproof composite safes aren't really to keep crook ps out, but perfect, better than a cash vault. a cash safe would glow red.

https://www.dcgstores.com/2-hour-fireproof-office-safe-electronic-lock-hs1600e-hol.html

1 hour ago, rebeuc said:

Not much commentary until the very end but seems like a pretty good experience (other than the mention of some slipping off the pedals around the 23:30 mark); apparently another report of the wheel being very well balanced

i loved dawn's video. that's what i wanted to see, just using it on pavement. dawn is about a hundred times better and braver than me. i bet she gets one. inmotion should sign her up!

can't wait to see marty's high speed run!

Edited by novazeus

Yeah that looks pretty solid at sustained speed, though you can tell it takes quite a lot of grunt to get it going from stationary, and she has to lean in really hard a lot of the time, and stay low to maintain that speed and retain some stability against oncoming wind force. She is braver on day 1, out of the gate than I am on a Master 2 months in !

Edited by Cerbera
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

well, i want to keep my wheels outside, esp the v13, not because of fire safety, because i just measured it and it's 60 yards of trolleying thru jungle to my road. not because of fire safety, and i switched my order from the mten4 to the inmotion because of wrongways reading of gotway/begodes instruction safety manual. 

hopefully, because it's not posted anywhere, inmotion won't have the same safety instructions in their manual. even though the v10's caught fire.

20 minutes ago, RagingGrandpa said:

V13 Owner's Manual: https://voltride.com/wp-content/uploads/2022/12/Inmotion-V13-ENG.pdf 

AL9nZEVI49fN5iUsavTFjMX9Kn3VKpbap23CvBlnpqo11kTTagB3FFvtBS1QpGkrAkpYNZE-KKJlvHIu38_eG_hpuQzsGGXON3RALiP2nFmGl-kUzTqh9t1UTE6wd_CvD_8XGM8FZn4pzMTBAK-88i0OV7pxjA=w1011-h721-no?authuser=0

AL9nZEWF90G4dikKVHtbnB64roeufIW_cy_FaV3A

Their "after each use, fully recharge" advice is bad, in my opinion, because: 
+ Batteries are more hazardous and more vulnerable when fully charged. It's safer to move, store, or otherwise manipulate them not-fully-charged.
+ Batteries age (wear out) more quickly when stored fully charged.
Oh well, they'll still last a very long time in an EUC (>10,000 miles ridden), even with worst-case storage.

"Smart chip inside the battery recording the charge-discharge logs"
Hmm, hopefully not the FutureMotion kind...

thank u!

• Like 1

i think the chinese need kuji to help them write their manuals.

for the florida folks like me, not that easy to meet their standards. not just me, anybody in florida. a hot car, omg, are u kidding. conainers hit 145f btw in the sun. i know first hand living in one for 7 years 2-1-2023.

we're having pretty weird weather with all this humidity in winter. that means humans are opening their windows and letting in all that cool 90% humidity air. until they turn on their hvac, their houses will be hot, muggy swamps. maybe not necessary, but plastic bags and dessicant like they are shipped is what i'm doing. just for the moisture.

but pls kind sir, i'm planning on charging to full as the charger can do, and after i ride i just let it sit until i'll ride it again. i don't want to ride on less than a full charge. just practicing now. might be a few years or never before i can hang with dawn. i'm only gonna be using 20% battery. i go to 80% and stop riding. for now at least.

i didn't see it. 

plug the charger in first, then the wheel, or plug the wheel in first, then the charger?

i thought i used to plug the wheel  in before the charger on my old wheels, but this bluetti wants the charger plugged in first. i'll do whatever, if somebody will tell me what is correct, or does it not matter with a wheel.

I watch Dawn as well and I notice something peculiar with her, she doesn’t seem to realise when it is advisable to slow down or avoid doing some things that are not in her best interest. She doesn’t seem to listen to the wiseness of the broken bones in her body. They have a lot to say to her.

u know, i have a theory on the gotway/begode problems. could be the gotway/begode rider just rides harder and consequentially bangs up his or hers wheels more often. notice what bluetti says, don't even move it while operating.

5B7526F9-C3ED-4BCA-B137-B2DE6B736D87.thumb.jpeg.8508b68853af639442478d4ad2d2920e.jpeg

Yeap, wounds never heal to the initial state, they only use the body’s glue(proteins) to put back together the broken parts, and we all know glue is not that great. Only stem cells seem to hold the secret sauce to that. But they keep it only for themselves 😂

• Upvote 3

18 minutes ago, Paul g said:

Yeap, wounds never heal to the initial state, they only use the body’s glue(proteins) to put back together the broken parts, and we all know glue is not that great. Only stem cells seem to hold the secret sauce to that. But they keep it only for themselves 😂

oral decarboxylated cannabis extract helps too, but u might go crazy. nobody likes it at therapeutic doses. kept onj alive a long time. me almost 9 years now. no colds or covid is a side benefit. esp living in a non converted shipping container.