Mango

22 minutes ago, Unicycle Santa said:

I'd change my forum name but I don't think I can.

I have changed my forum name in the past.  It is possible.

2 hours ago, Paul A said:

there will be calls for even faster wheels.

I think there is a rider in Dubai who would be interested in a 100+ km/h Electric Wheel. Apparently, he found out the hard way that the Master Pro is not a 100+ km/h wheel. 

Perhaps next year.

I think the domestic testers in China won't go that fast. The manufacturers would have to hire Kuji, or send one over to Dubai to get it tested. 

Edited by techyiam

17 hours ago, 360rumors said:

justification is that Honda is able to produce the Grom in much larger volumes to achieve economies of scale.

That sounds right. EUCs are still a niche product. Total cost of every aspect of getting an EUC to a consumer divided by a small number of consumers = much higher cost.

• Like 2

17 hours ago, Paul A said:

If:

V13 has 3024 Wh battery capacity

And the batteries used are Samsung 50E, 21700, 5000mAh, 3.6V...............Wh = Amps x Volts......5 x 3.6 = 18 Wh per battery

Then 3024:D / 18 = 168 batteries

And each battery costs $4.25 USD

Then 168 x 4.25 = $714  USD cost of batteries

https://www.imrbatteries.com/samsung-50e-21700-5000mah-9-8a-battery/

Samsung 50E battery specifications and retail bulk pricing of purchase of 520 ($4.25 USD) or more batteries

The cost of batteries using these data sources is $714 USD.

V13 is priced at $4000 USD.

R&D. Marketing. Labor. Labor. Labor. Hand assembly. Testing equipment. Lawyers. Engineers. Advertising. Packaging. Custom part manufacturing. Injection molding. Tech support. Plus the thousand other things. Secretaries. Coffee and donuts. Facilities. Storage. Insurance. Motor windings. COPPER. Office supplies. Distributor retreats in Bali (?) LOL.

Plus, a fair profit up and down the line? All at a tiny scale...

$4k doesn't seem that outlandish. If the market of EUC riders grows, economies of scale can kick in. Don't just ride... Proselytize!

Edited by UPONIT
Insurance must be astronomical?
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, techyiam said:

I think there is a rider in Dubai who would be interested in a 100+ km/h Electric Wheel. Apparently, he found out the hard way that the Master Pro is not a 100+ km/h wheel. 

Perhaps next year.

I think the domestic testers in China won't go that fast. The manufacturers would have to hire Kuji, or send one over to Dubai to get it tested. 

But kuji is in domestic China? Last time I heard, he's living in the Hawaii of China, Hainan? More like the big island, with lots of empty streets, perfect for high speed runs, no thanks to the daft covid lockdown shananigans that has strangled the main tourist business. 

• Thanks 1

On 12/9/2022 at 1:52 AM, LowFlyingSquirrel said:

If you don't assess the value, you might as well be the pig going to slaughter. Lowers prices and better value makes barrier to entry lower for more people, which means better market conditions for manufacturers to produce more and in return will benefit consumers with more choices and better value.

Chicken/Egg dilemma except with $$$ involved. "EUC Market Economics" deserves its own thread.

18 hours ago, The Brahan Seer said:

... In an auction

There's the disconnect. Retail sales isn't an auction.

12 hours ago, Paul A said:

Is the V13 speed finally going to be enough?

Or there will be calls for even faster wheels..

The V13's appeal to me is that its 4500W motor should have no problem with the long, steep hills I can't avoid where I live.

That also means it will be capable of very high speed on flat surfaces. There's no way around that, right? Unless speed is limited in software, right?

This is already a problem with e-bikes. Current State law limits e-bikes to 750W maximum due to speed concerns. That's a joke on the hills here. Even my 3000W bike struggles on some hills.

Solution?

Edited by UPONIT
Color changes. Humor removals.

1 hour ago, onizukagto said:

But kuji is in domestic China?

Well, he is in China, but he is not like the domestic testers that Bob was talking about. Those dudes did a fake speed test, but never a real 90 km/h speed test.

To me, Kuji is more of a hired gun.

3 hours ago, techyiam said:

Apparently, he found out the hard way that the Master Pro is not a 100+ km/h wheel. 

The video of the crash.

Begode Master Pro cut off at 100kph +!🤯

Alexutlang

September 12, 2022

rider is @msiais . He is fine no permanent injuries. Just right shoulder and left index finger dislocation and minor road rash on his right elbow. He was wearing TSG carbon helmet, Lazyrolling jacket CE level 1 and Leatt knee pads.

Edited by Paul A
  • Sad 1

14 minutes ago, Paul A said:

The video of the crash.

To the rider's credit, he did show the air blast at 99 km/h didn't blow him off the wheel. But rather, it was a cutout that made him kiss the ground.

100+ km/h, 146 V electric wheel in 2024?

• Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, Paul A said:

If only Tom Cruise had of been riding an EUC in the opening sequence of Top Gun: Maverick......

Imagine the worldwide publicity....all the muggles would be wanting one, and legislation would probably have to change.

More probably large numbers will jump in and get hurt. Plus fires everywhere, and gets ban. 🙂

Edited by techyiam

2 hours ago, Paulyd75 said:

The shoes suggest that yes it’s kuji.  Also the music.

It’s also been posted elsewhere that Kuji will be coming out with a V13 review. There is no actual proof that Kuji was in the video, however…… ANYBODY could have stolen his shoes and made that clip ;)

28 minutes ago, EDCampstore said:

ANYBODY could have stolen his shoes and made that clip ;)

No need to steal, can't be that hard to find a pair like that.

Plus, we know the domestic testers won't go 90+ km/h. And who else have access to a V13, and can ride like that.

Furthermore, the riders movements, and videographic style is signature Kuji. 🙂

Edited by techyiam
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, UPONIT said:

There's the disconnect. Retail sales isn't an auction.

I know! I am not an idiot. I never said it was an auction. I was using an auction as an example of how buyers dictate prices. If you read the initial comment properly you would understand the nuance of the grammar.

Retail sales is derived by a very similar mechanism though. Otherwise why do prices of wheels considered bad go down?

But you already know this so I will stop patronising you.

Everything comes down to some extent supply, demand and but most importantly perceived value in the mind of the buyer. 

You could have only 1 wheel in existence for sale but if its really crap no one will buy it.

You could have 1000 wheels that everyone wants to buy and its price will go up to reflect this.

and vise versa.

But there is always exceptions to do this. Someone will always pay more or less for something than the market value because they don't care (money is no object).

Social media is so pedantic sometimes.