Mango

1 hour ago, Punxatawneyjoe said:

Maybe its my old eyes but i thought it's reading in w instead of kw

The wattage reading scrolls once it hits 4 digits, only displaying 3 digits at once. It sounds kind of stupid, but if you're pushing that much power into the motor you're probably not going to be looking down between your legs anyways...

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Tawpie said:

They took a cue from Cupertino... the unboxing experience is very important. Downside: all that pretty stuff is expensive so either it cuts into your margin or you mark it up and pass it on to the consumer.

This is a good point regarding the unboxing experience, however in an industry as young as this one I welcome that extra touch. Id pay 100 more to get a nice looking sturdy double-walled box with high quality molded foam inside supporting the wheel, vs the single layer cardboard boxes that I have received which, by the time they hit my doorstep, are already halfway open and shredded up. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Punxatawneyjoe said:

I feel like they meant "structural" for the piece of plastic itself so it doesn't flop around while riding, not integral to the structure of the wheel itself.

Yeah I know, it’s not structural in any way. Side panels are bolted on, there’s no reason they’d flop around.

I just wish manufactures would make flat sides. There’s other ways to make wheels look interesting.

Edited by InfiniteWheelie

Based on the production line video of the V13 just released, the V13 structure looks quite robust. The middle and top of the sliders are tied together rigidly to a subframe. If sliders are also stoutly fastened onto the hollow bore axle, the V13 should be a sturdy wheel, given the sliders themselves are sound.

In this video, the build quality of the V13 looks better than on the V12, IMO.

So far, the V13 looks to be progressing well.

Edited by techyiam
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, techyiam said:

Based on the production line video of the V13 just released, the V13 structure looks quite robust. The middle and top of the sliders are tied together rigidly to a subframe. If sliders are also stoutly fastened onto the hollow bore axle, the V13 should be a sturdy wheel, given the sliders themselves are sound.

In this video, the build quality of the V13 looks better than on the V12, IMO.

So far, the V13 looks to be progressive well.

I just wish they used a suspension setup like the Sherman S. Sliders and 4 air pistons is outdated before it even gets released.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Unicycle Santa said:

I just wish they used a suspension setup like the Sherman S. Sliders and 4 air pistons is outdated before it even gets released.

Perhaps if LeaperKim loses the lawsuit it filed against Begode, then maybe more euc manufacturers could start using it. 🙂

• Haha 2

19 minutes ago, Unicycle Santa said:

This video is enough to make me cancel my other preorders and just go all in on the v13. These look quality as hell.

I think I understand where you are coming from.

You prefer to buy an Inmotion or Veteran if you can. As good as the Sherman-S may be, ultimately you have to compromise on headroom for your use case. On the hand, the V13 appears to have the headroom you are looking for, plus the muscle to play at 35 mph to 50+ mph speeds. On top of that, you also get wide safety margins on a lot of things, very good build quality, and great weather proofing. Yeah, the phase wire guage is through-the-roof thick compared to other euc's. They raised the bar there for sure.

Edited by techyiam
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, techyiam said:

I think I understand where you are coming from.

You prefer to buy an Inmotion or Veteran if you can. As good as the Sherman-S may be, ultimately you have to compromise on  headroom for your use case. On the hand, the V13 appears to have the headroom you are looking for, plus the muscle to play at 35 mph to 50+ mph speeds. On top of that, you also get wide safety margins on a lot of things, very good build quality, and great weather proofing. Yeah, the phase wire guage is through-the-roof thick compared to other euc's. They raised the bar there for sure.

Yeah that's pretty much spot on. They claim it will get 120 miles per charge, in practice if it's anything over 60 miles it's way more than enough for me. I'm looking for a safe wheel with headroom, extremely good build quality, good lighting, and stability for cruising around town. This seems to be the one I'm going with from here on out.

Some screenshots I found pleasing:

I'm very impressed with the way they did the motherboard on this wheel.

Screenshot_20221122_110440_YouTube.thumb.jpg.40415458be5e3225281e8207c93197bf.jpg

The battery cases look very well made and protected. Keep in mind the inside where the cells are is also filled with compound.

Screenshot_20221122_110541_YouTube.thumb.jpg.0fc83489f429d46f051af0df3c0d93b9.jpgScreenshot_20221122_110549_YouTube.thumb.jpg.a1cd58750a798badc5b6532b3fa8ead4.jpg

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Unicycle Santa said:

Sliders and 4 air pistons is outdated before it even gets released.

There are two air pistons, not four. The two additional tubes control compression and rebound. My guess is that both sides are identical, making the secondary tube on each side manage both compression and rebound.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, mrelwood said:

There are two air pistons, not four. The two additional tubes control compression and rebound. My guess is that both sides are identical, making the secondary tube on each side manage both compression and rebound.

Didn't know they were different. Very interesting, that may be a worthwhile system after all.

8 minutes ago, Josiah said:

Looks like we’re on schedule for the first shipment before Christmas!  Any one think otherwise?  And Will they ship with a kick stand or trolley handle?  What are your thoughts?  

The trolley handle is built in, unless you meant a seat in which case I would definitely hope for 4 thousand dollars it comes with a kickstand and foam seat.

• Like 2