Mango

1 hour ago, UPONIT said:

And here is Mr. Wrong Way discovering that lowering pedals, deleting suspension and using smaller tire makes the V13 nimbler, more easy to balance on, easier to carve on, easier to accelerate and brake, and just generally more stable. He says he rides it now more than his Sherman Max, S22, and other favorites.

This is just to d*mn funny :roflmao:   a high tech expensive suspension wheel that gets better when removing "unnecessary" parts.    I like that !  "RS-V13" :P

3 hours ago, Punxatawneyjoe said:

WW is on the take, he has been since the little tiff he had with Inmotion about a year ago. Totally stupid video IMO. If you want to see someone who knows how to ride the v13, then Chooch tech is your man.

Chooch's video where he goes full send on the V13 with his city ride was amazing, he really just let loose and dropped the hammer with no problems.  Having said that all influencers are on the take unless they are already independently wealthy or running another profitable business. Getting manufacturer loaner samples is contingent on not making the manufacturer look bad. Granted if a sample wheel catches on fire during a test ride / review, its not slamming them to show that it caught on fire or bolts backed out and made the motor death twitch or whatever.  I watch influencers to be entertained. Otherwise take life advice and product endorsements from influencers with a ladle of salt.

I review products that I purchase, occasionally I get offers from manufacturers to review something they sell. The offer it to write review for free product or 100% discount code or whatever. I don't write reviews for a living and I think I'm less likely to be as critical on a product I received for free.  Its just part of my nature, you build relationships with the people behind these companies. So you want them to feel satisfied with your work. Having said that let me feel ripped off by something I spent my hard earned money on and the customer service is abysmal or non-existent. Its getting a brutally honest review highlighting everything wrong with the product and my experiences. You don't get a free pass when its my cash. If you have a problem and you tell your handler, you are likely to get the white glove treatment to get your problem corrected.  Thats not an accurate consumer experience and therefore it crosses the threshold from review to infomercial.

I have been a beta tester before for dashcams and android based car audio head units. I received those products either for a steep discount or refunded after I met my feedback requirements. Those weren't public reviews and I was getting paid for my experience with the product. Nothing wrong with getting compensated for your opinion but when that opinion is being used to sell a product. At least in the USA you are supposed to be making disclosures about the relationship with the manufacturer (or whoever provided to the product)  to meet legal requirements.

This is why its important for influencers to do disclosures when they are reviewing products. Or we can just acknowledge that when you are doing something for a living. If you are too hard on every product that comes your way. You aren't going to be making a living doing that thing for very long. The pressure to have a place to live and have food to eat and paying your bills on time is real. So yeah WW is on the take. Just like I am at my job. I trade my time for money and until I get a sugar momma, thats the way things are gonna have to be if I want cool toys and a comfortable life.

• Like 3

Just now, Robse said:

depends on what direction you are going😁

classic reply,  damn philosophical considering the way euc design is ping-ponging back and forth, this way and that....

well put Robse !!!

• Haha 1

On 5/24/2023 at 11:22 PM, techyiam said:

It is starting to look like the 22" Challenger with the 134.4 V battery packs will exceed 100 km/h top speed. Plus it is getting an all new hydraulic suspension, and removable battery pack system. 

Begode staff must be burning the midnight oil trying to come up with a counter strategy. :)

Do you have any other information on this wheel. I'm thinking about purchasing a V13 but might hold off it they're going to release a new wheel. 

1 hour ago, trailless said:

Do you have any other information on this wheel. I'm thinking about purchasing a V13 but might hold off it they're going to release a new wheel. 

I don't. 

2 hours ago, techyiam said:

I don't. 

Cool no worries. Placed an order for a v13. 

Do you know if the sides are flat so it's easy to put on velcro or if they're raised. In the videos it looks like it's raised where the logo is. 

Cool no worries. Placed an order for a v13. 

Do you know if the sides are flat so it's easy to put on velcro or if they're raised. In the videos it looks like it's raised where the logo is. 

Mostly flat. Third party pads will fit fine. 👍

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Do you know if the sides are flat so it's easy to put on velcro or if they're raised.

Mostly flat like hellkiten said. Most people cover up the middle with velcro strips also, i chose to keep the velcro spots strategic in those areas. Maybe 1/4" deviation, not noticeable.

20230711-205200.jpg

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Hellkitten said:

Mostly flat. Third party pads will fit fine. 👍

And depending on your size the stock pads are not bad either. Basically the smaller you are the more serious of power pads you need to take advantage of the wheel. 

• Like 3

On 7/19/2023 at 5:08 AM, Robse said:

This is just to d*mn funny :roflmao:   a high tech expensive suspension wheel that gets better when removing "unnecessary" parts.    I like that !  "RS-V13" :P

Well InMotion DID create a suspension delete kit that take minutes to accomplish. It isn't that the suspension is "unnecessary." It's that InMotion was diligent enough to offer the choice. And WW points out there are real advantages. And if he's gonna go up and down stairs, he can put the suspension right back in.

Seems like he is currently the only valid commentor on the matter, since he actually tried it before forming an opinion. :D

23 hours ago, bpong said:

would removing the wings off an F-16 make the jet fighter fly faster ?

Would reading a book before making a book report on it make the book report fly faster? :blink1:

Everyone's use case is not the same. Nor is their skill level. Until I am riding wild obstacle courses or doing the stair thing or going faster than 24 mph or jumping buses, I don't need a suspension. I've gone off curbs occasionally and hit deep potholes with and without a suspension. Both were fine. Of course a suspension makes perfect sense. But until I have enough miles to feel 100% capable of additional challenges, the stability that comes with a radically lower COG is more important than a plush ride.

I definitely want to try it both ways. I'm glad InMotion made it an easy option. Hopefully my local dealer will allow it on their tester unit.

------------------------------

PS - If I were a V13 owner, I would try it both ways the very first day. Anytime I get a new tool or device, I can't resist trying out every option so I know the thing inside and out.

• Like 1

uponit,

both my old wheels are non-suspended.  so my riding experience is pretty much limited to the same.  however, i did manage to test ride some suspended wheels this summer and i must say that my 65yr old knees really do appreciate the suspension on an euc.  i also did test ride an RS which has more power and speed than my old wheels and it was interesting to say the least.  so for my riding experience and age,  a suspended euc would be a nice change and would give me the option of selecting between a suspended or nonsuspended ride for the day.

i really enjoy the stiff suspension of my 99' 5spd manual 4runner (its almost like no suspension), and the fact that i have to use a manual transmission and clutch.  but there are times when i simply like driving my wifes honda fit auto trans,  and not worry about feathering the clutch or shifting gears.  its kinda like the same if i had the choice between suspended and nonsuspended.   one has to pay abit more attention when riding a nonsuspended euc;  and i do enjoy being reminded of the bumpiness of the street or riding surface - it makes me feel more connected during the ride.  the suspended wheels i rode kinda freaked me out cause i didnt feel anything beneath me in terms of road surface irregularities unless i went over a curb.  and even the curb drop was nice and cushy....

in the end,  i like both nonsuspended and suspended rides....

• Like 2

On 7/19/2023 at 3:02 AM, Punxatawneyjoe said:

WW is on the take, he has been since the little tiff he had with Inmotion about a year ago. Totally stupid video IMO. If you want to see someone who knows how to ride the v13, then Chooch tech is your man.

I should post more videos.. but eh.. id rather enjoy the ride than deal with making content..

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

53 minutes ago, Hellkitten said:

Not sure if those or potholes are worse.

In a rare blue moon, there can be crater size potholes. I encounter one once while driving a car. I think the road was under construction on one side, and the construction warning sign got knocked down, or wasn't properly placed. It was at night and poorly lit. Many cars cracked or bent their rims.

If I hit that giant crater while I am on my wheel at speeds, I would have had very serious injuries.

• Like 1

FWIW, in the last week, I've seen 3 people riding around town on V13s without suspensions. I haven't been able to talk to any of them about their experience. They were all on city streets. I'm not sure how Bay Area street quality compares to other cities. I think they suck, but it's all relative, I guess.

In the end, it's an individual preference. I just can't imagine not trying it out. What is there to lose? Nobody's gonna force anybody to keep either setup. But even if you intend to make suspension your normal mode, don't you want to at least feel the difference?

[trumpet fanfare] Where is the spirit of discovery? Where's the curiosity that propels humanity towards great achievement? :rolleyes:

It's like finding a treasure chest on the beach that works really well as a coffee table. It doesn't have a lock on it, but you never open it up to see what's inside, because you really like the coffee table. :blink1:

:D

Edited by UPONIT
impassioned rhetorical flourishes...

2 minutes ago, UPONIT said:

I've seen 3 people riding around town on V13s without suspensions.

How do you know it wasn't the same V13 with different riders on board?

Well, I guess it could also be some people are curious, or they have strong leg joints, or the city of SF spends too much money maintaining their roads. :)

I am currently still riding my 22" Abrams with 20 psi tire pressure. It is still way too bumpy. And I am not riding fast.

• Like 1

Just now, techyiam said:

How do you know it wasn't the same V13 with different riders on board?

Well, I guess it could also be some people are curious, or they have strong leg joints, or the city of SF spends too much money maintaining their roads. :)

I am currently still riding my 22" Abrams with 20 psi tire pressure. It is still way too bumpy. And I am not riding fast.

1) They had different pads and levels of wear and tear. Also, different cities. 

2) city of SF spends too much money maintaining their roads. :roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao:

That ain't it! But thank you for the laughter!

• Like 1