Mango

6 hours ago, UPONIT said:

It's also made by InMotion, not Begode. :D

I know - but it wasn't a type in my post. Sorry, I wasn't very clear in my statement - I meant that if Begode was a German company they would have made their Master, as an example, with the quality that would cancel the very idea of V13. And if Sherman-S is built to last at least as Sherman OG, then having the extra 13kg of weight (for shorter range) of V13 for just "peace of mind" will be dubbed an overkill. ;-)

• Like 1

@novazeus Maybe because the V13 can be parked face down, they felt the kickstand should be optional? I'd like to see a picture of the kickstand on a unit.

I could be wrong, but it seems like seats and accessories lag behind the wheels because they aren't part of the core product that needs to be complete to get the wheel to market? I wonder which parts, if any, are made in-house?

• Like 1

Marty posted his range test on the commander pro

["First ride with the Commander Pro. 54-miles riding at mostly 25+ mph (GPS) speed with an average calculated moving speed of 19.2-mph. 40% battery remaining.

The V13 on the identical ride but with a calculated moving average of 18.25-mph had 7% battery.

Very nice riding wheel and highly energetic (134-volts).

If you don't need the quality of the V13 you get way more bang for your buck with the Commander Pro.

Oh, the hottest it got was 25° Celsius"]

https://m.facebook.com/groups/ElectricUnicycle/permalink/5795287383902510/?sfnsn=mo&ref=share&mibextid=VhDh1V

Kind of confirms the v13 has terrible range for battery size.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

10 hours ago, UPONIT said:

I've trolleyed the V13 around a little and it's just not that big. It's not unwieldy. It's 114 lbs. Would I want to carry it up several flights of stairs? No. But I could.

Or, you can simply roll it up / down most of the stairs with minimum effort...

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

i know it's wrong to lust for something of this earth, but i appreciate quality, can't help it. and ever since investigating wheels, i've dreamed of my friends at ktm, reverse engineering a real suspension wheel, one for street, enduro, and dirt track, just duplicate their mototcycle line.

maybe this obvious poke at the bear, and the price point and units sold in this new to humans, eco age, will spur the bear into action. i'd sell all three i'll soon own, for a one wheel like this, wink wink ktm.

getting a storm here now and Bob came in and is snoring away after a snack, life is good with the occasional lightning strike from God, reminding me Who's in charge.

i dont have my v13 yet, but i hope the orange matches my ktm. hard to get the color orange right, but ktm nailed it.

62ADFCDA-4294-4E80-B90B-E5A2DEC6B702.thumb.jpeg.fcb0eaf6056f9b024fa110c1cfb9af72.jpeg

Edited by novazeus
  • Confused 1

Dawn's range test:

The thing that surprised me was the issue with the display she had near the beginning and the mention of faults and mystery tiltback even before she really got going; is this maybe related to the fault she was talking about during the livestream that resolved itself after letting the wheel rest for a bit and then charging? I'm definitely concerned about this. (My guess is maybe the packs had mismatching voltages?)

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, Eyss said:

Marty posted his range test on the commander pro

["First ride with the Commander Pro. 54-miles riding at mostly 25+ mph (GPS) speed with an average calculated moving speed of 19.2-mph. 40% battery remaining.

That's a stupid test.  Charge it full, ride until it doesn't want to power the motor any more, then you have a range.  everything else is just evaluation of the wheel's battery gauge algorithm.

• Upvote 3

9 hours ago, UPONIT said:

@novazeus Maybe because the V13 can be parked face down, they felt the kickstand should be optional? I'd like to see a picture of the kickstand on a unit.

I could be wrong, but it seems like seats and accessories lag behind the wheels because they aren't part of the core product that needs to be complete to get the wheel to market? I wonder which parts, if any, are made in-house?

i "assembled" custom on your property homes. i wasn't a manufacturer of throwaway items. the stuff i built will still be here on earth many generations from now. i didn't make anything, except decisions. eveything was ordered and delivered. 

i'm presuming inmotion is in china where widgets can be made cheaper than anyplace on planet earth except viet nam. 

for a couple of bucks more, inmotion could have included a seat and add on kickstand, and let the customer decide. instead of the customer paying a ridiculous price for a foam seat and a piece of metal. 

harleys are just as bad or worse. u can't ride a harley stock seat more than 50 miles. and harley makes more profits selling "their" aftermarket parts. 

but yeah, like in everything in life, when mine comes, i'll figure out a workaround for my lifestyle of camping in the woods.

Another review in French that the Youtube subtitle auto-translation options work reasonably well for (other than a couple points in the middle)

This is the first review I've heard that mentions that there is no bluetooth audio (we had speculated that would be the case but this is the first confirmation as far as I am aware)

(Just like the last French reviewer he just has to make jokes about the trolley handle in regards to seated riding)

• Like 2

i know one thing, first thing i'm doing is lowering the pedals. just did it on my s22 and moved them forward, omg, what a difference. i'm 6'0", not 5'4" like dawn champion. 

being able to adjust pedal height is huge! whole new ball game!

• Like 3

22 minutes ago, novazeus said:

i know one thing, first thing i'm doing is lowering the pedals. just did it on my s22 and moved them forward, omg, what a difference. i'm 6'0", not 5'4" like dawn champion. 

being able to adjust pedal height is huge! whole new ball game!

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't several of the reviewers say that these wheels ship with the pedals already in the lowest position? So you'd be able to raise it, but not lower it (unless you count removing the suspension as lowering the pedals...)

2 hours ago, Kamikaze_K said:

My wheel enabler here in Aus. (E-Riderz) informed me that both seat and stand are in our incoming V13 shipment.  Can't wait!  Best part is, he's including both seat and stand for free!  What a bloody Legend! 

Was this in a chat directly with him or was there a post about it? 

Has the v13 left the factory yet?

I did see the seat and kickstand is $0 now on their site but wasn't sure if it applied to preorders. Definitely awesome of him to include it, although inmotion should of included it by default 

On 1/12/2023 at 10:06 AM, novazeus said:

maybe not a fair assesment of it's functionality, because i'm trolleying the s22 over rough terrain and shops and stuff are nice and smooth, but the s22 handle is not the best leverage point and that 75 pounds gets kinda wonky. it does have a kickstand which would definitely help going about ur shopping. the s18 trolleys better, but u have to lean it, and with foam on it's handle it "stays" pretty well.

the v13 presents two "challenges" to my eyes, and maybe it's because of the orange frame ktm i have, it screams "steal me" because of it's glamour. the second is, temporary parking which could be accomplished with a nice kickstand that at $4k, and considering it will cost them about a dollar to make probably because they are so efficient at mass production, why not include it for free. it's just smart. don't discount ur product, give the customer everything they need to get going. kickstand, cover, etc, whatever u can think of, especially if ur cost as the manufactuer is next to nothing. i did that with houses. i'd give the customer something that he'd probably screw up, like a masonry privacy wall, but not a frig or anything else he could buy easily. 

instead of the bean counters running everything, u gotta think of marketing. if u don't sell, no matter how good ur product is, ur going out of business. everything a manufacturer can do, that costs him very little, like good video instructions, kickstands, seats, etc etc sb included, for $4k.

just my opinion from my perspective of selling stuff u build. if it costs u very little, just toss it in, don't make ur customer hunt for it. i'm pretty sure everyone would use a kickstand on the v13, maybe not the seat, but they look cheap to make to me, idk, i'd say toss it in for goodwill and i'm one that would never use it, but others will think, man, inmotion has me covered. 

like i'm sitting here with two gas heaters and still don't have 50 cent fittings the china companies could have included, but some bean counter figure by saving 50 cents per device would generate $50k more revenue on a 100k units. but the ill will and bad reviews could put them out of business, although i've concluded all the positive reviews are fake.

when the videos start rolling in, i hope to see, v13 shopping videos, going to stores and just doing mundane things like picking up a prescription or going to the doctor's office, and the human's and animals reactions to everyday use in everyday scenarios.

i've not dealt with any of that yet except a couple laps around a restaurant so my friends could see one, and i had a deer in headlight situation with diners leaving the restaurant, i know y'all know alot about the perils on sidewalks and multiuse paths, like i learned on motorcycles by trial and error, like who not to follow, what wheel rut to run in, etc. interstate with it's wide pavement, and no access roads is where i felt the safest. down here, nobody knows what the left stem is for so left turns into bikers kills the most.

maybe inmotion reads this forum and read my advice. bob yan saw my video and picture 5 years ago.

if inmotion does supply free seats and kickstands, good for them, brilliant!

• Like 2