Mango

15 minutes ago, Clem604 said:

I'll bring a fast charger if I'm going really far. I really like to ride

You may still need a fast charger, or augment your range with public transportation or your car, even with a big battery.

After you have acclimatize with your new wheel, you may start to ride faster, and faster. Hard to say how things will unfold at the beginning. 

Also, when you say you ride across more than one cities, are you crossing any bridges?

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, techyiam said:

You may still need a fast charger, or augment your range with public transportation or your car, even with a big battery.

After you have acclimatize with your new wheel, you may start to ride faster, and faster. Hard to say how things will unfold at the beginning. 

Also, when you say you ride across more than one cities, are you crossing any bridges?

Yes this is true, I'll have to feel out the Sherman when I get it and go from there. Currently on my V11 I ride from North Van to downtown then do a big ride around the seawall and around Van then head back home. With the Sherman S I hope to do a North Van to Richmond or perhaps a NV to New West ride. Having a larger battery (for me) just opens up more possibilities for where I can explore. 

Edited by Clem604
  • Like 1

50 minutes ago, Clem604 said:

With the Sherman S I hope to do a North Van to Richmond or perhaps a NV to New West ride. Having a larger battery (for me) just opens up more possibilities for where I can explore. 

I suspect things are going change for you once you have become comfortable with big fast wheels. I don't know how much you travel on main roads currently, but once you get a faster wheel, you may start or do more of that. Once you start riding on roads, your speed will increase.

I have only use the SkyTrain Pedestrian Bridge to get into Richmond, but with my Abrams, I am tempted to use the Arthur Lang Bridge.

Have you seen anyone riding electric wheels crossing bridges yet (on the roadways, not sidewalk)?

Edited by techyiam
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, techyiam said:

I suspect things are going change for you once you have become comfortable with big fast wheels. I don't know how much you travel on main roads currently, but once you get a faster wheel, you may start or do more of that. Once you start riding on roads, your speed will increase.

I have only use the SkyTrain Pedestrian Bridge to get into Richmond, but with my Abrams, I am tempted to use the Arthur Lang Bridge.

Have you seen anyone riding electric wheels crossing bridges yet (on the roadways, not sidewalk)?

I've seen EUC's crossing the Lions Gate Bridge on the walkway/bike path but never on the road.  I try to ride on bike paths and/or residential streets and I will only ride on the main roads if that is the only option. The Cambie bike bridge is great and I would only use that to get into Richmond. Riding in the middle of the Arthur Lang bridge, or any bridge for that matter, seems a bit sketchy to me.

Edited by Clem604
  • Like 2

39 minutes ago, Clem604 said:

Agreed, I stay off main roads unless absolutely necessary plus I prefer riding bike paths and residential streets anyway. That way I can ride slower and enjoy the sights. 

Hmm. If that is the case, then there are many options open to you since your speed won't be that high.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, DragonFZ said:

Sounds like we're just asking for rules and boundaries to be set on EUC by non-riders.

That is inevitable. Rules will be made by grey men in grey suits who have long forgotten what it was to ride, if they ever knew at all, and fear everything new ! The argument / concept that more power = more safety headroom will almost certainly be lost on them, and a stupid low motor / power limit will be proposed which matches the profile of a 2005 Airwheel :) 

Edited by Cerbera
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Just now, techyiam said:

Very true.

Also, you don't need a 3500+ W motor, 134 V, etc. So the Sherman-S is actually a very good fit.

Yep, that was my line of thinking too. For the odd time I do have to be on the road I will appreciate having the torque and speed to safely keep up with traffic. I still really like the V13 after riding it and I wish I could afford to have both.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Really. I have to try the V13 for sure now.

Admittedly, the V13 never appealed to me at all until I was able to experience it. In an ideal world I would have both those wheels (V13+SS) and either the EX30/Commander Pro for those times I want an adrenaline rush or death wish :lol:.

Edited by Clem604
  • Like 2

42 minutes ago, Clem604 said:

Admittedly, the V13 never appealed to me at all until I was able to experience it. In an ideal world I would have both those wheels (V13+SS)

Now, I am intrigued. 

What compels to want buy both if budget allows it, and just not one of them.

17 minutes ago, techyiam said:

More wheels = more fun :P but honestly I just like having options.

Edited by Clem604
  • Like 1

For me it's about backups. And that plan is already failing, in that if my Master breaks I want another one of those as backup, or a wheel of equivalent ride feel and power, not the tired old MS3 that is what I actually have as one ! If budget was unlimited I'd probably have a Master and a V13 if I could be convinced the latter wasn't too heavy for my weight class.

• Like 3

12 hours ago, UPONIT said:

As it is, I just don't get why 40-50 miles range is such an issue vs 60-70. How often do people ride for more than 50 miles without an opportunity to recharge? I am new to EUCs, so that is an honest question. I can't think of the use case. Not saying there isn't one. 25 mile commute each way, with no outlets at the destination?

Different riding styles for different people in different cities with different traffic/road patterns.  

I have a 3200wh OG sherman, and there are plenty of weekend ride cruises that I can't do because of the lack of battery. And I'm not wasting my weekends sitting around an outlet to charge. Faster riding speeds mean more battery is needed.  Imagine speeding up/down Marty's mountain road rides.  Now imagine doing three of those mountains in a single ride ;)    (Cyclists do that in my city, they call it the 'triple crown')

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

41 minutes ago, Clem604 said:

More wheels = more fun :P but honestly I just like having options.

I get that, but why V13 for the second wheel, and not the Commander Pro, EX30 or something else instead?

You must have like riding the V13.

• Like 2