Mango

Not sure if this is posted here anywhere else, but Chooch has got a V13 under his feet, and gives it a proper rinsing almost immediately !

I know he loves all the wheels, but he REALLY loves this one !

An interesting watch to be sure...

Edited by Cerbera
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

I made it around the block. Hit a couple speed bumps at low speed. What do I need to know about these motor bolts? My wheel is from Eevee's, and is shipped with the defective bolts. I don't want to shear them off before they send me the new ones.

3 minutes ago, A High Roller said:

I made it around the block. Hit a couple speed bumps at low speed. What do I need to know about these motor bolts? My wheel is from Eevee's, and is shipped with the defective bolts. I don't want to shear them off before they send me the new ones.

There is a small chance that some (or none) of your bolts are lower than designed grade, which could result in one or more of them shearing upon stronger impact. While the chance is small, especially under "mild" riding conditions, it's recommended to replace them and either prevent riding all together or ride at lower speeds and extreme caution. 

• Upvote 2

22 minutes ago, Punxatawneyjoe said:

I love how they try to make the bolt issue from riding it.

i think the video is entertaining and admire the riding skills but i do not aspire to emulate them in anyway. 

safe short distance mobility transport say, 25 mph max  multiuse path. 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, OldFartRides said:

Side hill / uphill foot on ground. Get rolling, turn up the hill. 

Good idea. I've done that. But being stopped at intersections, a lot times there is a motor vehicle right next to you. What I have done when possible was to walk across the intersection until I get to a section where it isn't so steep. But it would be nicer if I could just get on and go.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, techyiam said:

How do you free mount on your V13 up on those very steep hills, in which San Francisco has many? Thanks.

Stay on the crosswalk. They're the only level grade in SF. Or slowly creep up on lean at the stop light and time it when it turns green.. ;)

• Like 1

14 hours ago, techyiam said:

How do you free mount on your V13 up on those very steep hills

set it 5° tilt forward and mount on the front of the pedals? Maybe try that. I haven't mounted on any really steep inclines yet though, i'm not using assist either.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Tawpie said:

Consequently, I've taken to trying to do all my launches without the skateboard push, and as slow as I can getting the second foot on (to practice side-to-side balance at a standstill). Practice practice. Practice some more. Still a long way to go to be proficient, and then I have to try on the other foot!

I actually tried practicing that. But it's a tall order. I am not that good. Balancing at zero speed is no walk in the park. But I do understand where you are coming from. Once, you are able to get both feet on the pedals at zero speed, then you can immediately lean into the pads. This approach is quite ideal, if you can do it.

2 hours ago, Punxatawneyjoe said:

set it 5° tilt forward and mount on the front of the pedals? Maybe try that. I haven't mounted on any really steep inclines yet though, i'm not using assist either.

I have tried to position my feet more forward on the pedals. That did help. I also lean and hunch my body hunch over the wheel as I mount. That seem to help too. But ultimately, I have to lean into the pads as soon as I can.

9 minutes ago, 2disbetter said:

I have the assist modes off. 

But like you, I'm finding that the usable power at various levels is incredible. You can still hit 70 kph at 30% battery. 

I turned the speed assist on and up to 70% on the way home, i think i like it. 

Seemed to take the load off the legs on initial get go a little. Felt more responsive. 

I might head out later and just test with hardness up to 100 and see how it rolls. 

Low battery was great! vast improvement over the V11. Power even uphill on low battery was great. 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Forwardnbak said:

I turned the speed assist on and up to 70% on the way home, i think i like it. 

Seemed to take the load off the legs on initial get go a little. Felt more responsive. 

Interesting, because reports I've read say that when speed assist is on your top speed is limited. Where you saying that you hit 85 kph WITH speed assist set to 70%?

3 hours ago, 2disbetter said:

Interesting, because reports I've read say that when speed assist is on your top speed is limited. Where you saying that you hit 85 kph WITH speed assist set to 70%?

I am still working out how speed assist works but I THINK? i feel the wheel slightly helping with a tilt, and the reverse mechanism to the braking assist. 

I think, my legs are still tuning into things and i changed pedal hardness so it felt different tonight. 

I just went out then and initially had speed assist on 100 and braking assist on 100 and that’s when it felt like a floaty tilt helping to accelerate. 

Not sure if also it gives a more nimble response but it felt so, this though could be related to if it tilts it helps me accelerate easier/more responsive. 

100 was not my cup of tea at speed, i wanted more solid feel. I tried 60 for braking and speed on my last runs and that might be ok.

Does that all make sense? I am really not sure yet. Give me another day. 

I got to 86.5kph then. 

wow even small movement and wind and that speed can destroy you. TUCK IN! 

it’s charging for the second time today, 3 long rolls today. 

• Like 2