Mango

New (version 8.0.0) Inmotion app is now available on Play store and it (doesn't) work the same way as the "beta" released earlier. Still getting multitude of server errors and not displaying all my vehicles. 

Inmotion app 8.0.0.jpg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, HEC said:

Based on the so far available reports it seems that they come on always when main light is turned on. I don't think they even regulate the speed / RPM based on temperature,  I don't even think there is actually temperature sensor in the headlight in the first place (at least I haven't noticed any in the teardown images, I'll check upon replacing fans).

Correct, if the headlight is on, the fans are on. Temperature notwithstanding. 

4 hours ago, HEC said:

New (version 8.0.0) Inmotion app is now available on Play store and it (doesn't) work the same way as the "beta" released earlier. Still getting multitude of server errors and not displaying all my vehicles.

So not only that new (now officially released on app store) version 8.0.0 is still piece of crap, but it also overwrites the version 7, so you can't roll back anymore. It's full of bugs, in addition to already mentioned ones in my previous posts I'm currently also unable to set vehicle password as well as indeed lock / unlock too. But most importantly, firmware update doesn't work either, so I'm currently stuck on V2.0.21 with my V13 ... 😠

Anyone happens to have download link for latest version 7 (I believe it is 7.10.17 GP)? I found bunch of old versions on apkpure, but none can be installed. Inmotion despite its claim in the app v8.0.0 (beta) announcement doesn't have any links to previous versions on their website. Sigh! (I have very old v7.7.6 installed on 2 devices, but that is incapable of connecting to v13.)

Edited by HEC

Yea i believe today or tommorow, not us being screwed just waiting for the wheels to be screwed.

The guys at the shop are doing great! 

heaps of wheels to screw which is a heap more work than they planned. 

Getting closer 

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, Forwardnbak said:

still being screwed down under 

I can't wait until you're fully screwed and can tear yourself away from riding long enough to post a video. No rush obviously, but your stuff is fun for me!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

Just now, Tawpie said:

I can't wait until you're fully screwed and can tear yourself away from riding long enough to post a video. No rush obviously, but your stuff is fun for me!

Thanks Tawpie, i appreciate that mate. Fun for me to get out and play the role :) helps my find my humour…. well, TRY 

I really have tried to stay out of the hype and feel I don’t know a great deal about the wheel.

I kind of want the V11 experience of out of my depth with a new toy for a while, hopefully should make for some fun. 

Im making some new horrible garage band songs all ready for the vids :) 

nice weather i’ll aim for a range test straight up 

• Like 3

I've been quiet reading through the last 40 pages or so.  I'm actually pretty happy to see these issues being brought up on the first batch.  Super excited for the V13 and will wait out for the 3rd batch.  I have a feeling they might redesign the bolt hole situation in the next batches.  Larger, evenly spaced out and possibly 5 instead of 4?!  Might as well over engineer it and make it bullet proof.  Hopefully they will resolve the water issue with temporarily shorting the power as well.  Besides my favorite pads and pedal combo is still being designed.

Agree with the size of the bolt holes. Think I saw a tear down which showed the Sherman S bolt holes being a size bigger than the V13. With the power on the V13 I think that is a natural step to upgrade and, not being an engineering techie, doesn't sound too difficult or expensive to implement.  

• Like 1

I thought i heard Bob from IM mention they will unlock a faster mode for people that have done enough KM on their v13 and apply, they will unlock from April. He just did a QandA vid. I could hardly hear over that horrid guitar loop so I may be mistaken.  

Can anyone else confirm? 

• Upvote 1

30 minutes ago, Forwardnbak said:

I thought i heard Bob from IM mention they will unlock a faster mode for people that have done enough KM on their v13 and apply, they will unlock from April. He just did a QandA vid. I could hardly hear over that horrid guitar loop so I may be mistaken.  

Can anyone else confirm? 

56mph is way too slow for me 😳. I’ve only got 350 miles on my 1st wheels and ride on London pot holed roads so that speed is mind boggling for me at the moment. I’m sure the speed demons will be itching for the unlock though

From what I could hear in the video, Bob said that they're planning to enable a higher speed on the V13 sometime in April provided the rider meets two criteria:

1. Ride the V13 for a minimum of 777 km
  2. Sign a liability waiver
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

20 minutes ago, soulson said:

From what I could hear in the video, Bob said that they're planning to enable a higher speed on the V13 sometime in April provided the rider meets two criteria:

1. Ride the V13 for a minimum of 777 km
  2. Sign a liability waiver

Would have been amusing if they chose 666km as the minimum - the number of the beast :-)

• Haha 3

48 minutes ago, soulson said:

Ride the V13 for a minimum of 777 km

Quietly mounts V13 on treadmill...

Perhaps they should also include:

3. Average speed at least 77 Km/h 

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, soulson said:

IM might get suspicious if you do all 777 km on a single charge cycle :D

I won't tell them if you don't... 😎

But seriously, 777 Km is not that much, can be achieved in 10 or 11 longer rides easily. 

• Like 1