Begode 900Wh Battery Recall Options

• 8 months later...
  • 2 months later...

The information given here is not the same as the one given by ewheels. I thought I was ok with my M50LT as per the info found here. But a communication with ewheels this week says those packs are fire suspects also.

Where does the info that the M50LT packs are safe come from?

I felt everyone with those pack should know.

3 hours ago, ChandlerJ said:

Where does the info that the M50LT packs are safe come from?

As far as I know, other than the S20 catching on fire in NYC when U-Stride rode it, there has not been reports of fires related to LG M50LT cells.

Can anyone post links to fires that were caused by thermal runaway of LG M50LT cells in an euc?

5 hours ago, techyiam said:

As far as I know, other than the S20 catching on fire in NYC when U-Stride rode it, there has not been reports of fires related to LG M50LT cells.

Afair this fire was a bms problem which would have ignited other cells as well?

17 hours ago, ChandlerJ said:

I thought I was ok with my M50LT as per the info found here. But a communication with ewheels this week says those packs are fire suspects also.

There have been no spontaneous fires with M50LT reported to our community.

ewheels ran their recall on the older M50T packs, which ended production in 2021. 
Any ewheels EUC owner can contact ewheels directly. Tell them your motor code, and ewheels can confirm if your EUC is affected by any recalls. 

Which wheel do you have, and what did ewheels tell you?

• Like 1

18 hours ago, ChandlerJ said:

Thats what I did. I contacted them with my battery pack info:

Nikola 100V

LG M50LT 900wh 20210511047 (not M50T)

Was told that "both cell types are suspect".

Haha, all Cobalt-type Li-Ion cells are "suspect"...
At least you can rest easy that you don't have the cell type that burned dozens of times.

Is ewheels offering you free replacement packs, like they did with 100V Nikola's from 2020? (I doubt it)

Edited by RagingGrandpa

• 4 months later...

I'm looking to repuporse the battery packs from my V12 and put them in my battery-less MSP with the help of a local PEV battery repair/builder I know of. Has anyone done something similar to this? They're the same voltage and whatnot, so getting them repacked into the shape of the typical Gotway 900wh packs should be fairly trivial. My only concern is with the cables coming from the battery packs, the V12 has two cables from each pack (main power and charging), but the MSP has three cables (main power, charging and an additional clip cable apparently used for balancing the voltage between the packs. Would anyone happy to know anything this additional cable and if it's necessary if I'm not using the original packs (since the Inmotion packs don't have a third balancing cable)? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I found some pics on the interwebs of the clip connecter (below), but not much info about it unfortunately.

image.thumb.png.91270a1ea9b80e0bce8a7d25ee41e467.png

image.png.8f30a0cfabae6fa202b8feb9ff01cfbb.png

image.thumb.jpeg.c904396aca15655785b176caf6f6c746.jpeg