I wanted to purchase a euc in the price range of 500

Take a look at the wheels produced between 2018 and 2020 and see which models fit your needs then go hunting. We are about to see an influx of new models released fairly soon so many of the legacy (and more reliable IMHO) wheels will be hitting the private sale section soon. It is actually a really good time to be in the market for a used wheel... not so much for a new one as everything seems to be 3K+.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ShanesPlanet said:

If used, keep an eye out for a 16x, 18l, 18xl.   I new, I'd go for a 16s, 16xs,16x  In whatever order I could afford. The mcm5 is a nice machine, but i prefer bigger sized tires for an all purpose. If you simply want an uber portable machine to learn on and keep as a spare when you upgrade, go with the mcm5.

OK thanks I really appreciate your help I've settled now then on buying that for as soon as I have the money I guess I should buy it like u said memories last

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, gon2fast said:

Take a look at the wheels produced between 2018 and 2020 and see which models fit your needs then go hunting. We are about to see an influx of new models released fairly soon so many of the legacy (and more reliable IMHO) wheels will be hitting the private sale section soon. It is actually a really good time to be in the market for a used wheel... not so much for a new one as everything seems to be 3K+.

Yup, my first wheel and still favorite all arounder (type) was had in great condition for only $1200 and it had some upgrades. Marekting and hype is high right now. Used wheels will show up, you just gotta be fast.

6 minutes ago, Chario said:

OK thanks I really appreciate your help I've settled now then on buying that for as soon as I have the money I guess I should buy it like u said memories last

The biggest takeaway from it is... get excited and buy one. Splurge as much as you can, as the fun factor is exponential. If you dont expect miracles and merely begin it as a journey, most wheels will bring you plenty of smiles per miles. It doesnt take long to forget how hard it was to make the money you spent. I can have a blast on an 80cc dirt bike, all weekend long. I can also have a blast on a 1100cc sport bike. If fun is the MAIN goal, its almost impossible to go wrong.:cheers:

Edited by ShanesPlanet

5 minutes ago, ShanesPlanet said:

Yup, my first wheel and still favorite all arounder (type) was had in great condition for only $1200 and it had some upgrades. Marekting and hype is high right now. Used wheels will show up, you just gotta be fast.

The biggest takeaway from it is... get excited and buy one. Splurge as much as you can, as the fun factor is exponential. If you dont expect miracles and merely begin it as a journey, most wheels will bring you plenty of smiles per miles. It doesnt take long to forget how hard it was to make the money you spent. I can have a blast on an 80cc dirt bike, all weekend long. I can also have a blast on a 1100cc sport bike. If fun is the MAIN goal, its almost impossible to go wrong.:cheers:

If I was searching for used wheels were should I look👋👋

12 minutes ago, Chario said:

If I was searching for used wheels were should I look👋👋

My first was from ebay and I got lucky as I didnt even know to ask check voltage. The others have come from members here and the for sale section. Used is buyer beware of course. Always try to pay with a service that will cover you and them. Also verify mileage and make them show a screenshot of it fully charged. Just like anything, if you can buy locally and shake a persons hand while testing the device in person... do that. If an euc can ride up to top speed and fully charge, typically there aint much that can be seriously wrong with it. It doesnt take much wrong to make it go BADLY wrong. Battery condition is one of the biggest things to inquire about.

Edited by ShanesPlanet
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, ShanesPlanet said:

My first was from ebay and I got lucky as I didnt even know to ask check voltage. The others have come from members here and the for sale section. Used is buyer beware of course. Always try to pay with a service that will cover you and them. Also verify mileage and make them show a screenshot of it fully charged. Just like anything, if you can buy locally and shake a persons hand while testing the device in person... do that. If an euc can ride up to top speed and fully charge, typically there aint much that can be seriously wrong with it. It doesnt take much wrong to make it go BADLY wrong. Battery condition is one of the biggest things to inquire about.

Sure will do

32 minutes ago, ShanesPlanet said:

while testing the device in person

Assuming you're starting your EUC journey and not yet an accomplished rider... make the owner ride it around. Accelerate hard, stop hard. Go in circles. Go on bumpy grass. 1 legged if they can. Listen for grinding or scraping noises and things that don't sound right... these things are dead silent and if they're making noises then you want to beware. But since batteries are horrifically expensive, charging to the correct voltage (84V for most wheels these days) is a must.

Edited by Tawpie
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, Tawpie said:

Assuming you're starting your EUC journey and not yet an accomplished rider... make the owner ride it around. Accelerate hard, stop hard. Go in circles. Go on bumpy grass. 1 legged if they can. Listen for grinding or scraping noises and things that don't sound right... these things are dead silent and if they're making noises then you want to beware. But since batteries are horrifically expensive, charging to the correct voltage (84V for most wheels these days) is a must.

Got it

I had the same issues when i was looking for my first wheel too. In the end i managed to get a used Nikola for £700 & ive gotta say as a learner its a great wheel and to be honest i dont think i will outgrow it ever. Yes, i may buy other wheels in the future but im loving the Nikola!!!

500 USD can get you a used inmotion V8,V8F,V8S or kingsong 16S or gotway mcm5 or tesla v1 or v2. Perhaps even the heavier and typically faster inmotion V10,V10F or Kingsong 18L,18XL,16X. All of those wheels should be great for learning and also capable enough for many tasks. The 18L,18XL,16X reach 30mph but it is not really safe to ride them at this speed, especially during your learning stage [and even then you should wear serious gear, including full-face helmet].

The good thing about the V8*, 16S, mcm5 wheels is they are light and portable, easy to learn on and not too expensive. You will also have less anxiety about beating them up or crashing. If you buy them used, you can probably resell them without much loss once you have decided to upgrade. It seems that these wheels are always in high demand by people looking to enter the EUC world.

Personally I bought a used, but mint and fresh KS16S a year ago for 600$ and judging by the local market I could sell it for 500$ today. That's like leasing a wheel for 100$ a year! While the KS16S is slow by today's standards, it still beats [in terms of time, money and fun] every other mode of transport [including personal car, taxi, bicycle, rental scooter, subway, bus etc] for 90% of my commutes.

Pay attention that some EUC models come in different versions. E.g. the 16S comes with 840Wh (typically) or 640Wh or 420Wh. I have the latter and it has predictably lower range, but also lower top speed! The MCM5 and Teslas can also be found with very different battery, controller and even motors. This affects weight, range, top speed, torque. I would recommend avoiding wheels with batteries under 400-500Wh.

Anyway, if you can find a used EUC and the seller can demonstrate its performance, as @Tawpie describes, it would be a great value deal: you get a wheel that definitely works as is -- you can start immediately and the wheel will not depreciate as quickly as a brand new one. Checking that the wheel does charge to a full 100% and to the correct voltage is the most important thing to check after you have seen that the wheel is working. I would also look at the rim (should be no visible dents), check the lights, LEDs (if any), bluetooth speaker (if any), check the total mileage - all this can be demonstrated by the seller using an app [if he doesn't know how to use an EUC app he is probably not a very serious EUC person and owes you a discount :)]. Also check if the trolley handle works properly. Lights, LEDs and speakers are not super important (and can all be replaced by a superior external version) but if they don't work you should get a discount :)

Welcome to EUCs!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, yoos said:

500 USD can get you a used inmotion V8,V8F,V8S or kingsong 16S or gotway mcm5 or tesla v1 or v2. Perhaps even the heavier and typically faster inmotion V10,V10F or Kingsong 18L,18XL,16X. All of those wheels should be great for learning and also capable enough for many tasks. The 18L,18XL,16X reach 30mph but it is not really safe to ride them at this speed, especially during your learning stage [and even then you should wear serious gear, including full-face helmet].

The good thing about the V8*, 16S, mcm5 wheels is they are light and portable, easy to learn on and not too expensive. You will also have less anxiety about beating them up or crashing. If you buy them used, you can probably resell them without much loss once you have decided to upgrade. It seems that these wheels are always in high demand by people looking to enter the EUC world.

Personally I bought a used, but mint and fresh KS16S a year ago for 600$ and judging by the local market I could sell it for 500$ today. That's like leasing a wheel for 100$ a year! While the KS16S is slow by today's standards, it still beats [in terms of time, money and fun] every other mode of transport [including personal car, taxi, bicycle, rental scooter, subway, bus etc] for 90% of my commutes.

Pay attention that some EUC models come in different versions. E.g. the 16S comes with 840Wh (typically) or 640Wh or 420Wh. I have the latter and it has predictably lower range, but also lower top speed! The MCM5 and Teslas can also be found with very different battery, controller and even motors. This affects weight, range, top speed, torque. I would recommend avoiding wheels with batteries under 400-500Wh.

Anyway, if you can find a used EUC and the seller can demonstrate its performance, as @Tawpie describes, it would be a great value deal: you get a wheel that definitely works as is -- you can start immediately and the wheel will not depreciate as quickly as a brand new one. Checking that the wheel does charge to a full 100% and to the correct voltage is the most important thing to check after you have seen that the wheel is working. I would also look at the rim (should be no visible dents), check the lights, LEDs (if any), bluetooth speaker (if any), check the total mileage - all this can be demonstrated by the seller using an app [if he doesn't know how to use an EUC app he is probably not a very serious EUC person and owes you a discount :)]. Also check if the trolley handle works properly. Lights, LEDs and speakers are not super important (and can all be replaced by a superior external version) but if they don't work you should get a discount :)

Welcome to EUCs!

Thanks someone told me to search ebay for euc but I can't seem to find many on there where else could I look😀

Euc's are somewhat popular (relatively) at the moment. We are also facing battery shortage and some countries are handing out 'free' money in droves. Keep checking craigslist, ebay and here. Have your monies ready as good deals disappear faster than they show up. I do know that if I see any decent 16x 18xl for $500, I'd assume its a scam. If it wasnt, i buy every last one I could find and resell at double. Keep looking, be patient. Soon some poor sap will sell his beloved working wheel for the newest thing and thatll be your chance... fwiw, the 18xl's are known to claim 31mph but its really more like 28mph in reality.

Edited by ShanesPlanet

12 hours ago, Lex Smith said:

Used the parts to build myself an ugly as wheel with 16 high capacity 18650 batteries as the battery pack.

You can't just drop that in conversation without following up with photos of your creation...   :popcorn:

• Like 2