I wanted to purchase a euc in the price range of 500

You will more than likely need to double that and/or browse the used section for some beat up wheels. Best of luck and its definitely worth double what you want to pay. Going places and having fun are exactly what we ALL want them for.

Welcome to the nuthouse....

• Like 1

11 hours ago, ShanesPlanet said:

You will more than likely need to double that and/or browse the used section for some beat up wheels. Best of luck and its definitely worth double what you want to pay. Going places and having fun are exactly what we ALL want them for.

Welcome to the nuthouse....

Thanks I'll look into doubling my price

They USED to sell a really useable mten 67v for $500. Oh man was that a steal of a deal to get you a useable piece of kit. Sadly, this last year everything went WAY up. I kind of feel like we are being taken advantage of, just a hair. At any rate, most smaller new wheels are around $1k. Good deals can be found, dont lose hope. If you have the option of buying a full quality euc used for the same price as one of the baby ones new, I'd go good used condition with more battery, all day long. Your biggest concern is battery condition/size. For your safety, batteries come first.

Edited by ShanesPlanet

13 hours ago, ShanesPlanet said:

They USED to sell a really useable mten 67v for $500. Oh man was that a steal of a deal to get you a useable piece of kit. Sadly, this last year everything went WAY up. I kind of feel like we are being taken advantage of, just a hair. At any rate, most smaller new wheels are around $1k. Good deals can be found, dont lose hope. If you have the option of buying a full quality euc used for the same price as one of the baby ones new, I'd go good used condition with more battery, all day long. Your biggest concern is battery condition/size. For your safety, batteries come first.

I think I'm gonna buy a inmotion v5f for my first wheel and upgrade after that if I get into it it looks like a really fun sport and I wanted to be a part of it but for decent wheels and the gear it cost so much 

• Like 2

v5f aint a bad starter wheel if you arent a heavy rider or in the mountains. Lots of fun to be had, ya just gotta be reasonable with what you ask of it.  Even after an upgrade, it doesnt hurt to have a little one to toss around too. :thumbup:

• Like 1

16 hours ago, ShanesPlanet said:

v5f aint a bad starter wheel if you arent a heavy rider or in the mountains. Lots of fun to be had, ya just gotta be reasonable with what you ask of it.  Even after an upgrade, it doesnt hurt to have a little one to toss around too. :thumbup:

Thanks for the help I really appreciate it next year I was thinking of rising my budget to about 1.2k

16 hours ago, ShanesPlanet said:

But if there are any better wheels for starters at 500 to 600 I'm listening 😂😂

28 minutes ago, meepmeepmayer said:

You might get a nice used wheel for 500-600, but truth is, you can get a much nicer used wheel for 1000:D

Tbh I just wanted to start riding to see if I like it but im looking for a new one if possible😀 

44 minutes ago, Chario said:

Tbh I just wanted to start riding to see if I like it but im looking for a new one if possible😀 

There are no new wheels in the $500 category anymore. Especially any that are not a simple joke. If you aren't sure you want to learn, can you find one to borrow, or pay for some lessons? If you were dedicated and sure of your desire to learn, you'd just be best served by spending double and buying used. Even used $500 aint getting you much. Used for $1000 gets you in the game of a solid wheel of many kinds. Truth is, you are simply wanting more than what you are willing to pay/risk. Its a catch 22. If you go too small, you may not enjoy it like you should and youll give up too easily. If you try for too big, you may not ever have the $$ and youll not ever try.

I also would like a new car for about 1/2 to 1/4th of what they currently sell for. Sadly, it just aint gna happen. I have had 2 KS 18L's that cost me just over $1k used. My newest 18XL (used) was more like $1300-1400. My baby mtens were $500, but they simply dont offer them for that price anymore. Even so, I wouldnt suggest a baby wheel for a first/only wheel. You will want something that can take yuo places. Full sized wheels are only BIG until you learn to ride them.  I wonder, do people still buy kidneys and dont you have an extra? :)

Edited by ShanesPlanet
  • Like 2

Simply put it I can probably get my hands on 1k just what could I get for that price point because the sport looks very fun plus where I live basically k have trails and stuff that would be very enjoying for a euc

At $1k or so, keep your eyes peeled for the 'for sale' section here. You are definitely in the territory of many good used models.  You can find the 16x, V10f, 18L/XL for that price but you gotta be fast. Good deals don't last long at all. If offroad is more your flavor that street, the 16" wheels may find more usefull to you. I know its a stupid expensive hobby. Its totally worth it once you put in the effort tho. I kinda view it like I would a little plane or motorcycle. You really dont want to be shopping bottom of the barrel, as your safety and overall joy, depends on it.  Remeber, its totally worth it.... once you take the plunge youll become

one of us...one of us...one of us...:cheers:

8 minutes ago, Chario said:

I guess it is like a mini motorcycle and when I do get one which I'll have to save some more money for now I will become a rider😀😀

Motorcycle riders are a dime a dozen. Euc riders are special. Ask @The Fat Unicyclist, the short bus in his town has been looking for him for weeks. Yup, we're THAT special!:blink1:

I implore you to not wait longer than you have to. Don't settle more than you have to. Dig deep, as money comes and goes. Memories last forever!

Edited by ShanesPlanet
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, ShanesPlanet said:

Motorcycle riders are a dime a dozen. Euc riders are special. Ask @The Fat Unicyclist, the short bus in his town has been looking for him for weeks. Yup, we're THAT special!:blink1:

I implore you to not wait longer than you have to. Don't settle more than you have to. Dig deep, as money comes and goes. Memories last forever!

Memories do last forever especially the good ones like learning how to ride it and mastering it 

Do u reccomend the goway mcm5

39 minutes ago, Chario said:

Memories do last forever especially the good ones like learning how to ride it and mastering it 

Do u reccomend the goway mcm5

The Mcm5 reminds me of an mten on steriods. I have only ridden a couple and it was a fine wheel. However, I think it was more of the 'pocket wheel' for the heavier guy, type. Again, I don't own one and I'm primarily speed/street or pure comfort. The mcm5 is kind of on the niche' side imho. I'm so light that a baby mten fits my niche' needs (think skateboard), but my 18 is the goto for just simple lazy rides. The mcm5 is uber portable, pretty simple and reliable, but I really think its  a wheel that compliments your 'all purpose' ride, rather than  a goto for an only. Again, Its my uninformed opinion on that one. Some people like to reccommend starting on a smaller wheel and graduating up. If this is your intent, the mcm5 is a great bet. Youll wind up getting a larger eventually, and it probably won't replace what the mcm5 brings to the game. I started on an 18 and its still my favorite. If you've never ridden an euc, they will all seem tough, so which one is 'tougher' is both opinion and moot.

Edited by ShanesPlanet
  • Like 1

29 minutes ago, ShanesPlanet said:

The Mcm5 reminds me of an mten on steriods. I have only ridden a couple and it was a fine wheel. However, I think it was more of the 'pocket wheel' for the heavier guy, type. Again, I don't own one and I'm primarily speed/street or pure comfort. The mcm5 is kind of on the niche' side imho. I'm so light that a baby mten fits my niche' needs (think skateboard), but my 18 is the goto for just simple lazy rides. The mcm5 is uber portable, pretty simple and reliable, but I really think its  a wheel that compliments your 'all purpose' ride, rather than  a goto for an only. Again, Its my uninformed opinion on that one. Some people like to reccommend starting on a smaller wheel and graduating up. If this is your intent, the mcm5 is a great bet. Youll wind up getting a larger eventually, and it probably won't replace what the mcm5 brings to the game. I started on an 18 and its still my favorite. If you've never ridden an euc, they will all seem tough, so which one is 'tougher' is both opinion and moot.

So I was wondering if the mcm5 is the best for around 1k or not?

Plus uve got a load of wheels 😢

From what people that have ridden and those that own them say, it's actually a fine wheel. I considered it as a second, fool around the neighborhood wheel, but got a deal on an MTen. If you must have "new", it's probably as good a choice as you have available. IF you can stand used, your options at 1k are quite a bit more plentiful! Assuming you can find a used wheel that is. It seems like the smaller wheels rarely come up for sale used these days, much of the turnover seems to happen at the top end of the price/performance spectrum. Perhaps it's because the little guys do have their place and folks aren't willing to part with them?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Tawpie said:

From what people that have ridden and those that own them say, it's actually a fine wheel. I considered it as a second, fool around the neighborhood wheel, but got a deal on an MTen. If you must have "new", it's probably as good a choice as you have available. IF you can stand used, your options at 1k are quite a bit more plentiful! Assuming you can find a used wheel that is. It seems like the smaller wheels rarely come up for sale used these days, much of the turnover seems to happen at the top end of the price/performance spectrum. Perhaps it's because the little guys do have their place and folks aren't willing to part with them?

Yes I've actually been talking to some people in the community and they have persuaded me to up my budget to 1k so I was wondering what the best thing I can get at 1k is

43 minutes ago, Chario said:

So I was wondering if the mcm5 is the best for around 1k or not?

Plus uve got a load of wheels 😢

Its a loaded question. You arent giving enough detail to define what 'best' means to you. There is no clear "best" as the needs of each of us differ. We also differ in size and skill and expectations.  My choice for a first wheel was a used 18L with 2 miles on it. It cost me about $1200 and I didnt know a damn thing, aside from I wanted to flow like Tishawn, but redneck style. Luckily it was a good fit. I dont ride like him but it just happened to fit what I wanted. The mcm5 doesnt fullfill what I wanted when I began. It fills a spot, but i already have the mten. My collection is small, and its obvious what wheel I use for what ride.  Im sorry I can't be much more help. If i was in the market for a single wheel to have just one and only had around $1k. I'd still shop for an 18xl and easily 'settle' for an 18L, both used. Simple as that. However, thats just MY opinion. Not everyone rides on their own planet like I do, nor do they want to ride as I do. 40% of my rides are on my mten and i go absolutely nowhere while I smoke a cigarette. 50% of my rides are on an 18xl and I typically travel 2-6miles at 20-25mph. The other 10% are on my sherman and I travel 10-20 miles at 35mph. :eff02be2d7:

I simply don't know if the smaller options available at $1k new are a good buy for a first wheel. I do apologize, but I havent ridden them enough and my opinion became invalid as soon as I learned on an 18".  I wish I could help you, i really do. I just simply dont know enough about the new $1000 wheels, in terms of general use. If I HAD to buy new and only had $1k. I'd buy the largest battery with largest diameter wheel I could find. Whatever that is, that would be the dice I would roll.

To make it even less easier a choice. You could always buy an mcm5 or mid sized wheel to tide you over and have lots of fun on. All while knowing you'll be adding a larger general purpose wheel soon. Of course, this now kills the argument of the 'best' if you can only have one. Spend ALL your money on the wheel. You can buy cheap gear and upgrade for protection as you go. Theres useable low speed protection that can be just fine for your first learning stages anyhow. You dont need to be ready for combat on the first 3 days of boot camp.  Once you buy a wheel, you cant upgrade its specs later...

Edited by ShanesPlanet

I'll try define it a bit better for you but I want to go at least 25mph - 30mph and it atleast to have  as much range as possible sorry since I'm new to this stuff I can't really define anymore than that 

9 minutes ago, Chario said:

I'll try define it a bit better for you but I want to go at least 25mph - 30mph and it atleast to have  as much range as possible sorry since I'm new to this stuff I can't really define anymore than that 

25-30mph can't safely be had with a $1000 new wheel. Even my 18xl tops at at 28mph. I safely ride it around 26mph, but Im only 130lbs and know how the voltage sag works and how much power I ask of it. 25-30mph in euc terms, is not a walk in the park. For that requirement alone, you will need to look into wheels that can realistically go 35-40mph. If you look at the choices of those, its much less, and NONE are $1000 new.  Gotway has a lineup that caters to those speeds. It comes with other compromises tho. If you anticipate treating this like a small motorcycle, you will need step into the big boy territory and those are heavy and expensive. MOST of my riding pleasure is had at 15-25mph honestly. Its pretty quick, and I used to race sportbikes...  If you plan to try and play along traffic patterns of up to 45mph speed limits, I maintain that you simply cant do it without one of these bigger road machines. I dont feel comfy riding my 18xl on streets with speed limits of 35mph, unless VERY rural.

Edited by ShanesPlanet

23 hours ago, Chario said:

I think I'm gonna buy a inmotion v5f for my first wheel and upgrade after that if I get into it it looks like a really fun sport and I wanted to be a part of it but for decent wheels and the gear it cost so much 

I had the same philosophy and bought a 'no name' 10" shitty wheel to try it out on for NZ$170.  Batteries were totally worn out and it would only run for a few minutes on a charge.  Used the parts to build myself an ugly as wheel with 16 high capacity 18650 batteries as the battery pack.  That gave me a good 30 minutes of riding on a charge and after a week of playing around on that it was enough to tell me that I wanted more.  Now have over 1100 km on an Inmotion V11 and wanting an even bigger faster wheel.

Moral of the story is the cheap 'try out wheel' won't satisfy you for long.  If you do buy a cheap one try and get one that you will be able to resell later on and hopefully get most if not all of your money back on (something I didn't do).

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, ShanesPlanet said:

25-30mph can't safely be had with a $1000 new wheel. Even my 18xl tops at at 28mph. I safely ride it around 26mph, but Im only 130lbs and know how the voltage sag works and how much power I ask of it. 25-30mph in euc terms, is not a walk in the park. For that requirement alone, you will need to look into wheels that can realistically go 35-40mph. If you look at the choices of those, its much less, and NONE are $1000 new.  Gotway has a lineup that caters to those speeds. It comes with other compromises tho. If you anticipate treating this like a small motorcycle, you will need step into the big boy territory and those are heavy and expensive.

Yes I understand that if I do treat this like a mini motorcycle I will have to spend  evem more money on armored coats and helmets and protection etc so for a beginner that weighs about 140 with a 1k budget what would u say I could handle because now I understand I can't just buy a really expensive euc and 2ant to treat it like a motorcycle first I have to get into the sport learn things especially with my budget