Are Inmotion products considered a national security risk In the United States?

helmet

Hi @helmet - i merged your two topics and moved them from firum rules here to the inmotion topic.

I do not see how these posts could fit the forum rules section?

I also don't really get the sense of these posts?

How can a wheel be a national security risk?

Did the professional security officers disable the wheel or the risk they pose?

Local intelligence agencies in austria seem not concerned of eucs or inmotion particularly. At least nothing published...

However - somehow these post serms weird - can someone explain their sense/content? :blink:

• Like 3

You never heard of the infamous  “Snuke” incident ??!!

Well, there was this dock worker at the port of Baltimore leaving after his shift, and a Karen saw him walking his wheel through the busy Inner Harbor and called the fbi because she thought the blinking lights were the timer mech of a suitcase nuke.

Well, all hell broke loose until they realized it was just a ks 16s. 

I thought everyone heard about that one. There you have it.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, OldFartRides said:

Well, all hell broke loose until they realized it was just a ks 16s. 

What remains unsolved though is how KS was able to redirect the concerns of the incident towards Inmotion… :huh:

• Like 3

On 7/23/2021 at 7:38 AM, OldFartRides said:

You never heard of the infamous  “Snuke” incident ??!!

No, do you have a link? I can't seem to find anything about it.

I did watch a YT video put out by some techie guy who said that a lot of Chinese electronic products now have stealth 'mesh network' capabilities via bluetooth meaning that your appliances could connect to your neighbors appliances and theirs to their neighbors and so on creating a massive network that can then transmit parcels of data and can reach specific appliances via unique MAC addresses.

He proposed all sorts of potential nefarious uses for this tech such as the CCP being able to 'self destruct' all of a buildings appliances via the mesh network.

Since most of my appliances are over 20 years old and I don't live close enough to neighbors to pick up their bluetooth or wifi I'm personally not losing too much sleep over this just yet. 

Maybe we should all join the CCP to ensure no malicious code finds its way onto our EUCs . . .

• Like 2

My feeling is yes, strongly so, while being no less of a personal security risk than the US government which also has an extensive and invasive surveillance system in place.

"Show me the man, and I'll show you the crime"

--says me and former head of the KGB.

• Like 1