PSA: Stay away from Chicway.shop for ordering EUC

kitemi

On 12/10/2021 at 3:52 AM, KPul said:

Ye Im not surprised. 

I am, however, surprised by how multiple users in this thread join the conversation to question stories about serious problems with the argument that they got what they ordered and "people should do their research".

Humans will be human, I guess.

I guess some of us feel like the problem is to some degree self inflicted.   As the aggrieved customer admitted they changed their mind "literally 10 minutes" after placing their order.  Sorry but who the hell does that on a product worth hundreds of dollars?  Why even keep researching once you have made your well researched purchase and how does an additional 10 minutes of research change everything?

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

19 hours ago, Lex Smith said:

I guess some of us feel like the problem is to some degree self inflicted.   As the aggrieved customer admitted they changed their mind "literally 10 minutes" after placing their order.  Sorry but who the hell does that on a product worth hundreds of dollars?  Why even keep researching once you have made your well researched purchase and how does an additional 10 minutes of research change everything?

That's an opinion about the actions of the buyer in one particular case. Those who draw general conclusions about the seller based on that transaction (and/or a transaction of their own), in a thread with multiple other complaints against that seller, might not be that much smarter than the buyer they just scolded. 

If you have some general principle about not buying stuff on the interwebs, or if you generally distrust Chinese people and you want to go into a thread that tries to flag a fraudulent seller and gloat about how you only buy local I guess go ahead... but its a different topic.

23 hours ago, Paul A said:

Customer testimonial:

GOTWAY mcm5 CATCHES FIRE..BEWARE...GREEN & FASHION TRAVELLING SHOP

May 26, 2020

Yes, wheels catching on fire from no other source.. you know like Euco and eWheels.. who both had warehouse fires... have ever happened. 

Get serious.

Edited by PharmaCyclist

On 11/28/2021 at 5:47 PM, KPul said:

What are you basing your comment on? Are you calling others "out of line" and "BS"ing because you happened to receive your two orders? Is this a joke?

I'm calling labeling this seller a scammer which colloquially means an entire rip off ie payment for no goods or services disingenuous and yes, complete BS.  Terrible customer service and trouble returning items is not tantamount to a "scammer" label.

Should I call United States based sellers scams because I've purchased the same products they sell from Chinese sellers for $600-$1000 dollars less and also greatly discourage returns and charge restocking fees?

Edited by PharmaCyclist
  • Like 1

Customer testimonial video is not about attributing blame to Green and Fashion Traveling for the wheel catching on fire.....

Might have jumped to the wrong conclusion from just reading the video title, without viewing the video....

14 minutes ago, Paul A said:

Customer testimonial video is not about attributing blame to Green and Fashion Traveling for the wheel catching on fire.....

Might have jumped to the wrong conclusion from just reading the video title, without viewing the video....

Okay I will watch it, I confess I did not 🙂

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, Paul A said:

No worries :)

Okay I watched it, glad he's not blaming the store for the fire.  Sounds like he didn't get great support which again isn't cool but also not what I would call a "scam".  He rode the wheel for 1,000 km without problems and who knows if he ever got it wet or had a severe crash etc, which would void any warranty from any seller stateside or not. I've heard of plenty issues with service from United States based shops as well, and if you already paid $600-$1000 more up front to a local seller and then they send you a $200 motherboard (that an AliExpress seller may also send) when yours fails is that really a better option?  To each their own.

Edited by PharmaCyclist

Yes, the video highlights the difficulties when purchasing from an overseas vendor.

Language barriers might be a major hindrance, even with the advent of online translators.

Seems the major complaint was the level of after sales service.....possibly a cultural difference of expectations.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, PharmaCyclist said:

I'm calling labeling this seller a scammer which colloquially means an entire rip off ie payment for no goods or services disingenuous and yes, complete BS.  Terrible customer service and trouble returning items is not tantamount to a "scammer" label.

Should I call United States based sellers scams because I've purchased the same products they sell from Chinese sellers for $600-$1000 dollars less and also greatly discourage returns and charge restocking fees?

I dont think you understood what I wrote. My comment was about you entering a thread of multiple users complaining about a seller and you defending that seller by using the argument that you got what you ordered and therefore the other complaints must be BS.

1 hour ago, KPul said:

I dont think you understood what I wrote. My comment was about you entering a thread of multiple users complaining about a seller and you defending that seller by using the argument that you got what you ordered and therefore the other complaints must be BS.

I thought it was clear I was explicitly calling BS on labeling this seller a "scammer" as this thread is tagged.  I added my own experiences just to make the basic point that the seller in question is not a "scammer" and actually delivers legitimate goods at very reasonable prices to at least myself and numerous others.  Not sure how you missed that? I never said anything about the other complaints themselves being BS, just that they aren't what is reasonably considered evidence of a scam.  

I think you missed the crux of my reply... I've seen ZERO evidence that supports calling Chicway a scam...scams are entirely different than a seller who literally ships the goods you order almost immediately.

The last line in my post is pretty damn clear "I'm sure their service isn't as good as local shops but this absurd claim they're scammers is out of line."

Edited by PharmaCyclist
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, PharmaCyclist said:

I thought it was clear I was explicitly calling BS on labeling this seller a "scammer" as this thread is tagged.  I added my own experiences just to make the basic point that the seller in question is not a "scammer" and actually delivers legitimate goods at very reasonable prices to at least myself and numerous others.  Not sure how you missed that? I never said anything about the other complaints themselves being BS, just that they aren't what is reasonably considered evidence of a scam.  

I think you missed the crux of my reply... I've seen ZERO evidence that supports calling Chicway a scam...scams are entirely different than a seller who literally ships the goods you order almost immediately.

The last line in my post is pretty damn clear "I'm sure their service isn't as good as local shops but this absurd claim they're scammers is out of line."

The title of this thread is "PSA: Stay away from Chicway.shop for ordering EUC". It doesnt mention "scam". If you search this thread I think you will find only you and one other member even using that word.

Neither your original comment nor this thread is specifically and only about "scam". This is obviously a thread warning people of a certain seller. 

Your original comment, which is not addressed to anyone specific and mentions e.g. "this idea they're hiding something and it's a conspiracy is just more BS". Even the word "conspiracy" is only used by you here. Thats why I replied with a question, since perhaps you misunderstood the thread or something. Instead you answer with your "colloquial" definition of the word "scam" lol

I saw this thread in Reddit and I'll say the same thing here: don't order a wheel (or anything) from an international seller if you don't want it, it's not rocket science.  There's no scam between intelligent walking store and Chicway shop, I've ordered from both names and everything was completely legit and priced fairly.  I even asked them if they are the same store and they said they are, this idea they're hiding something and it's a conspiracy is just more BS.  I ordered a 512wh MTEN3 from IWS they said was in their US warehouse; it came via UPS shipped from Illinois to Florida in 3 days.  I ordered an EXN motor assembly on AliExpress from Chicway, it shipped from China early July and took nearly 2 months to arrive, but it was packed well and in perfect shape when it did AND it's extremely difficult to source the part right now.

I'm sure their service isn't as good as local shops but this absurd claim they're scammers is out of line.

http://imgur.com/a/r9h9wNW

29 minutes ago, KPul said:

The title of this thread is "PSA: Stay away from Chicway.shop for ordering EUC". It doesnt mention "scam". If you search this thread I think you will find only you and one other member even using that word.

Neither your original comment nor this thread is specifically and only about "scam". This is obviously a thread warning people of a certain seller. 

Your original comment, which is not addressed to anyone specific and mentions e.g. "this idea they're hiding something and it's a conspiracy is just more BS". Even the word "conspiracy" is only used by you here. Thats why I replied with a question, since perhaps you misunderstood the thread or something. Instead you answer with your "colloquial" definition of the word "scam" lol

Mmmmm, is it possible you misunderstood the prominently displayed scammer accusation? C'mon, man 🤣:

Screenshot_20211217-163411_Chrome.jpg

Edited by PharmaCyclist
  • Upvote 1

For what it's worth my experience with Chicway was originally started from facebook dms from reps mentioning that they had mten3's in stock for a good price. After messaging with one of the sellers on facebook and skimming this thread and others, I decided to buy an mten3 through them and was told that, sadly, they were now out of stock (although listed still through the website) and would I like one instead shipped from China or to perhaps buy a different wheel. I opted for a refund instead and after a restless night's sleep where I wondered if I was scammed I got a full refund about 16 hours from the request. I feel confident that they are not scammers and at the same time it was a hassle that also made me feel inclined to go with a different seller in the future. 

Edited by RamonatheCat
  • Like 2

23 minutes ago, PharmaCyclist said:

Mmmmm:

Screenshot_20211217-163411_Chrome.jpg

Oh ok mybad I didnt see that tag. So there is a thread with 50+ comment. None mentioning scam. Did you read the thread? Were you aware that you were the only one writing about "scam"? You make a general and sweeping comment about a lot more than "scam" (which I commented on and you conveniently ignored) but you stick to the tag that no one mentioned :) 

Edited by KPul

11 minutes ago, KPul said:

Oh ok mybad I didnt see that tag. So there is a thread with 50+ comment. None mentioning scam. Did you read the thread? Did you were the only one writing about "scam"? You make a general and sweeping comment about a lot more than "scam" (which I commented on and you conveniently ignored) but you stick to the tag that no one mentioned :) 

Sure man, just admit you were wrong. 

If I took this to court and this was my brand, I would argue that the original poster putting the scammer tag in the most prominent location that even a casual browse without reading the thread would leave a consumer with the impression my brand was a scam is far more damaging than a mention within the context of the claim about poor service.

The original poster of the thread goes out of their way to add the tag "scammer" to the title and you say it's minor and immaterial. Let me guess: you're not a lawyer 🤣

First you claim I fabricated my premise, then I give you clear and concise evidence supporting my premise, so then you claim said premise is actually irrelevant anyway... lovely logic.

Additionally, I used the term 'conspiracy' to accurately describe the claim made in this thread that Chicway and Intelligent Walking Store want to project the image they aren't related publicly but are secretly the same.  If you simply ask them, they'll plainly tell you they're the same business... hence my use of the term conspiracy since this idea is completely devoid of reality.

Edited by PharmaCyclist
  • Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, PharmaCyclist said:

Sure man, just admit you were wrong. 

If I took this to court and this was my brand, I would argue that the original poster putting the scammer tag in the most prominent location that even a casual browse without reading the thread would leave a consumer with the impression my brand was a scam is far more damaging than a mention within the context of the claim about poor service.

The original poster of the thread goes out of their way to add the tag "scammer" to the title and you say it's minor and immaterial. Let me guess: you're not a lawyer 🤣

Yes about the tag I was wrong so I admitted it. You should try it also. Its not so scary.

6 minutes ago, PharmaCyclist said:

LoL; I do not feel I was in the wrong at all to claim calling this seller a scammer is out of line. If I did, I would let you know.

its ok. Keep talking about the "colloquial" definition of a tag of the thread while everyone else is talking about a problematic seller. Then if someone is confused and asks you what you mean... Dont mention the tag, ignore questions about the other parts of the sweeping statement you made and double down on the tag that no one is talking about. If you get your opponent to admit a mistake about the tag that no one has mentioned, you win. Congratulations and good luck in your future endeavors

11 minutes ago, KPul said:

its ok. Keep talking about the "colloquial" definition of a tag of the thread while everyone else is talking about a problematic seller. Then if someone is confused and asks you what you mean... Dont mention the tag, ignore questions about the other parts of the sweeping statement you made and double down on the tag that no one is talking about. If you get your opponent to admit a mistake about the tag that no one has mentioned, you win. Congratulations and good luck in your future endeavors

I wouldn't have bothered responding to this thread if I didn't see the scammer tag which drew my attention to it and immediately made me feel it was unfair to the seller. 

Please explain these other "sweeping" statements I made, and why are you so concerned with the word colloquial? It is used very appropriately in this discussion as far as I'm concerned. It's a very strange thing to repeatedly mention.. it's as if you Googled the word today and just learned it or something.

Edited by PharmaCyclist

Bluey.  A television show for kids.

"Ever since an excitable six-year-old Blue Heeler dog named Bluey skipped and danced onto television screens across the country in 2018, everyone has fallen in love with the loveable pup. The Australian animated television series has received critical acclaim and developed a massive audience in both Australia and around the globe. It was the most-watched children's program across all broadcast channels in Australia in 2018 and 2019 and gained 16 million viewers in America by the end of 2019. There's a lot of things that both children and adults love about Bluey. The show is imaginative, smart, funny, well-written, endearing and relatable to parents.

Grannies is a delightful episode that always gets a giggle out of me. Bluey asks Bingo to play a game called Grannies. Bluey becomes Janet and Bingo becomes Rita. The sisters go into the kitchen and get up to mischief around Mum, but then Bingo starts flossing, which upsets Bluey because she thinks that grandmas don't do the flossing dance.

Bingo disagrees but Bluey is insistent she is right. Bluey and Bingo go and find Dad who is cleaning the toilet. Bluey asks Dad if Bingo is wrong about grannies flossing, but he doesn't know, and suggests they ask Nana. The sisters contact Nana over Facetime and ask her if she can floss, which she thinks means to clean her teeth, she hasn't heard of the flossing dance. Bluey is happy she was proven right, but Bingo is upset, and doesn't want to play Grannies anymore. This upsets Bluey who still wants her to play. Bluey complains to Mum about Bingo sulking and not wanting to play anymore. Mum asks her what is more important, her being right, or Bingo playing?

Bluey contacts Nana and Grandpa again and teaches them how to do the flossing dance. She then goes and gets Bingo and tells her she was right! Grannies CAN floss! Bingo is very happy and decides to resume playing the game with Bluey. Grannies is a great episode that has an important message in it about how to solve problems and resolve an argument."

Edited by Paul A
Quotation marks to indicate copy and paste.

20 minutes ago, PharmaCyclist said:

I wouldn't have bothered responding to this thread if I didn't see the scammer tag which drew my attention to it and immediately made me feel it was unfair to the seller

Calling the resellers scamers could be not 100% legaly proofable/right.

But with stating warranties without any legal responsability in contrast to local online resellers is more or less faking false facts.

As eucs are getting more and more expensive people not having massive amounts of cash available are of course looking for alternatives.

And mostly they do not know or understand that returns are on their cost back to china. Especially the amount of such shipping costs. Or that they'd have to enforce their rights in front of chinese court.

Most people are used to western consumer protection and have no idea that dealing with chinese resellers is outside of any legal protection. One is fully dependend on the goodwill of the reseller. Sometimes aliexpress or credit card companies can help.

So yes, it can be in many cases pure scam. People feel protected by online resellers regulation and do not know that chinese resellers can behave as they like.

Some local resellers, as reported seem to be not different, but at least they can (could) be tracked by local juristiction.

In my very personal opinion the saving is not worth the risk. But of course most people get a functional wheel and save some bucks. Great for them, but the minority if peoples with real problems are still "scammed".

As the local, legally trackable resellers that have to compete...

But of course most chinese online resellers are hard working and respectable people doing a good job - or aliexpress won't be successfull!

Just as everywhere, in a legally not (or not strictly) regulated area some people are (mis)using the situation to their advantage...

• Like 1